Kryptonian Crystals

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Predakwon, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After reading "Up, Up, and Away" and watching the Superman Returns movie, were the crystals just created for the movie? The only rock I knew from Krypton was Kryptonite.....

2. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

its a silver age concept. I think it was also used in the old donnor movie. i dont know if it was used in the first superman movie (in the 70s.)

3. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    you mean the clear crystals from the fortress? those were in the old superman movies(with Christopher Reed).

If I remember correctly, a green crystal was found with baby superman by the kents. Years later, superman throws the green crystal into a snowbank, and the fortress 'grows'. Inside, the green crystal, and many clear ones, are in some kind of 'control panel'.

4. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Yeah that's basically it. Although other than the Reeve films I don't think a crystalline Krypton was used until John Byrne revamped the Superman books (and even then it was really limited since at the time they couldn't imitate the movies for some reason). I think it's only recently with the "Up, Up, and Away" that they put in more of the movie stylings.

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    They've used them a bit in Smallville, also. Don't know if that counts though. :) 

6. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and Smallville; forgot about that. Yeah, that'd still be kinda Post-Crisis-y.