Kreon Inquirey

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I was wondering, are there any issues with easily broken parts on Kreons? I know the wrists stress out a lot on certain ones, but as long as they don't break from excessive play in those areas I am not too concerned about that.

I am just wondering, should I be aware of any particular issues with certain Kreons more susceptible to breaking after too much stressing out, either in the wrists, hips, hands or other areas?

As an example I've noticed my Mirage Race Driver and Ratchet Medic seem to stress out more in the hands when holding something, would excessive removing and replacing of accessories in their hands eventually lead to breakage? Is it a common thing with the flesh toned hands? (As none of the other Kreon hand colors seem to stress out.)

Any other known breakage issues I should be aware of?

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the smokestacks or other things that clip on to their arms, I got crankcase? I think his name is, and out of package the smokestack was stressed and barely holds on.

3. Scrapper6

So I guess I'm safe then, none of them break at all they just get massively stressed out. Well I can live with stress marks, it's toys that break that I have issues with. :D 

4. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I just got five of the six first-wave microchangers, and there's a number of stress marks to go around, mostly at the wrists (Spinister, Waspinator, and a bit on Sunstorm). Spinister's also got some on the back of one leg, and Scorponok has some stress marks on his gauntlets, where the arms plug in. Nothing yet looks like it's gonna break, though.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Sideswipe Kreon started falling apart within days. The torso is cracked front & back all the way from the waist up the neck, and the hands barely stay in. :( 

6. Scrapper6

That sucks, sounds like an issue with the plastic quality more than something wrong with the Kreon. I mean I have 15 Kreons now and none of them have shown any indication of suffering that level of fail. Hopefully when I pick up Sideswipe it won't suffer the same issue.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    afaik, you can boil stress marks out. haven't tried it on my kreons, but there's stress marks on almost all the early ones. but yeah if you are ever interested in finding out, I'd probably try it on one of the blind pack ones once those become readily available. if it gets messed up in the boiling water, well, it's only 3 bucks or whatever to replace.

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Not really a breakage issue. But the Big blocky Helmets on the Autotroopers locks the heads in really tight. I can't get them out or make adjustments. Make sure you have the faces aligned as you plug those helmets on.

This is probably also going to be the case for swindle. Though these helmets seem perfectly sculpted for a Hound kreon to exist. Need those Kreon packs to come out faster.

Keep in mind these bricks and minifigures are made by Oxford. With Licenses by Hasbro. Curious how older oxford sets performed prior to kreo.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  9. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must say I'm really worried about my Scorponok's cylinder pieces which fit over the forearms. They have some of the worst stress marks, but I haven't had anything break yet...

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There's a hairline crack running up the back of my Kreon Optimus clear up to his neck peg. It's only visible when his legs are pegged in.

11. tollie

tollie Member

anyone have issues with the waist not staying plugged in? anytime i move the hips around the just slide up and off.

12. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Sometimes. My Trailbreaker and Insecticon Kreons have similar waist problems.

13. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What I hate is how some of the eyes don't line up with their visors. Ratchet is one example. The helmet comes down too far and covers his eyes.