Heavy/Scratch: Kreo transformable Bumblebee... in 2018!?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by tytytec, Nov 9, 2018.

1. tytytec

tytytec Well-Known Member

hey guys, this is a project I’ve been working on for the past... oh, year i’d Say, constantly revising and updating it until we came to this one, version 9 I believe. However I challenged myself with this kreo transformable, as all my revisions only used the deluxe bumblebee set and nothing extra, and my set wasn’t even missing a few pieces! Another challenge I set was to make it a triple changer. So here we start with the car.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    And to transform it into jet mode, simply pull off the black cannon and the fists, to allow you to separate the wings.
    image.jpg
    Then, attach the fists underneath the wings to act as small blasters, and attach the cannon to the front to form the nosecone.
    image.jpg Now I personally am very proud of how both of these modes came out, they both look really good in my opinion! Now to transform it into robot, remove the cannon and fists and fold the wings back up. Now unpeg the arms from the feet.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    With that done, fold down the legs while flipping up the feet, and rotating the arms down, then plug in the fists to the arms.
    image.jpg
    The final step is... remove the big honking mass of kibble. I know it’s not the best way to do it, but limiting myself to only one set, some sacrifices had to be made, besides I figured out a use for it. And here we have the robot mode.
    image.jpg
    I personally am very pleased with the outcome, partsforming aside, he retains all 13 points of articulation as was standard for kreo deluxes. As for accessories, he includes the black cannon mentioned earlier.
    image.jpg
    But he also includes two Hover drones, both of which can be driven by kreonas, and one of which holds his second weapon as storage.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Speaking of, here’s his second weapon!
    image.jpg
    This one is a much simpler cannon, but it connects by tabbing onto the whole lower arm assembly rather than just the fiat like the black one.
    image.jpg
    As for the wing assembly, well, it forms a jet drone, nothing special.
    image.jpg
    And finally, the best accessory of all, the mini drone!
    image.jpg
    Thanks for reading and I’d love to know what you guys think!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. 3+1 Team

3+1 Team Well-Known Member

This exactly the kind of stuff I always want to make whenever I try to do a custom build out of a building block kit, but I inevitably give up before coming up with anything. XD
    Well done! The weapons and drones all look great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tytytec

tytytec Well-Known Member

Well thank ya, I appreciate the kind words! :D  the method I use, and it’s worked for every version of this I’ve made, is to first create a skeleton of sorts. Then work out how it’s going to transform, where the legs go, where the arms go, how the head hides etc. the hard part is making it all fit together the way it does in your head! If you want some tips send me a pm next time you have a building block idea and I’ll try to give you some pointers!