kreo quality

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kidnicky, Mar 4, 2012.

1. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Just by looking at Kreos in the store,they seem really cheap to me. Those that own them-how well do they stack up against Lego?

2. Laservampire

Laservampire Well-Known Member

The block quality is fantastic. Not lego fantastic, but very very close.

The stickers? Shit. They WILL peel off. Hopefully reprolabels will do them soon.

The kreon minifigures? Pretty average. I've had to get replacements for a few of them.

Overall, I like em! Heaps of fun if you're a lego and TF fan.

3. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    I have more than half of the sets and I have to say the brick quality is really good. Just slightly under Lego quality. Bricks stay together rather well and they are pretty solid. Leagues better than MegaBlock.

Like laser said though, the stickers are not that great, so don't bother putting them on. Never had any issues with my kreo figs, but I just have them on display and don't move them much.

If you are on the fence, pick up the cheaper sets like the basic Optimus or maybe Smokescreen\w kreon figs to see how you like them.

4. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Hot damn there's a Smokescreen?!?

5. nelodiavolo

News Credits:
    Wups, sorry, I meant Jazz. I just glanced over at it and its a bit grey and Smokescreen came to mind. Sorry bout' that.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^damn, smokescreen would be awesome. i've found them to be pretty good so far, only have three of them though

7. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I got a few and the quality on all of them is pretty damn good! Like everyone else said, don't bother with the stickers, but those little kreons are fun to mess around with.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

What do you mean reprolabels will do them soon? Don't all stickers have that flaw?

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Kre-o is awesome, the plastic quality is almost lego-quality, the minifigures are fantastic

I love me some kre-o

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think the quality is pretty much on par with Lego in most areas.

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

How is lego a lot better than Kreo? Isn't they made of plastic just like Kreo?

12. nelodiavolo

News Credits:
    Lego's and competing brands use different quality in plastics and also the way the bricks lock together.

I have a variety of sets from Lego, MegaBlocks, and Kreo and they are not equal. In my opinion, they are ranked:

Lego's - Great quality, pieces lock rather well.
    Kreo - Good quality, pieces lock just as good as the Lego brand.
    MegaBlocks - Poor quality, pieces do not lock that well. The plastic feels cheap and hallow.

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like most have said quality of the bricks are excellent, the stickers I haven't had problems with but some have, and the minifigs are amazing. If you like the look and price than you have nothing to worry about.

14. Laservampire

Laservampire Well-Known Member

Reprolabels applied to a cleaned G1 figure: no lifting or peeling

Kreo labels applied with the same amount of care (and absolutely no play, just display): peeling off by themselves.

As I have unused sticker sheets for almost the entire current Kreo collection, I'm hoping to lend them to Reprolabels so they can do repros.

15. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to go as far as to say the Kreo block quality is on par with Lego. I use Kreo and Lego bricks interchangeably in my MOCs and have had no issue with them, unlike my Megabloks bricks which I keep separate.

That said, Lego has Kreo beat in terms of piece variation; Lego just has far more different pieces than Kreo to play with, though from the looks of the upcoming Transformers and Battleships stuff, Kreo is well on the way to fixing that.

Oh, and Kreo's ball joints and sockets are leagues better than Lego's.

Kreons are a bit of a disappointment though. They look cute and their functional design is great, but the plastic and printing quality is simply not up to par with Lego.

16. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

To me, Kreo is just another one of Hasbro's craaaaaazzzzzaaaaayy ways in order to make a little bit more scratch, as if Built To Rule wasn't their first indicator of "Man... we have no idea what we are doing..."

Honestly, it feels the same as BTR, just they have more "common parts", IE similar bits and pieces, as if not to get confused with others. Which is a blessing in some cases and a curse in others.

But, for the ones that don't want to read

Pros: Fun little project to do for an hour, Kreons are fucking awesome, Starscream, Prime and Megatron's alt modes, Posable.

Cons: Way to much effort to dissassemble to make the alternate mode, The robot modes are complete ass, Rubber. Heads. Dafaq?, Stickers (That don't stick well ontop of my hate of stickers... -cringe), looks and feels like a KO Lego

17. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry dude, but kreo in no way feel like KO Lego. Megabloks feels like KO Lego. Cobi feels like KO Lego. Kreo feels like Lego.

I've been collecting Lego for far longer than I've been collecting Transformers, and I genuinely can't tell the difference in brick quality between Kreo and Lego.

18. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I don't play or collect lego anymore, I had them for many years as a kid and I agree with you. They are rock solid in terms of the bricks.

The worst part about kre-o to me are the stickers. I love these things but the stickers will peel after awhile of being applied. Sometimes months, sometimes days. I really wish hasbro can fix that with printed blocks in the future sets.

Otherwise grab a superglue pen when applying the stickers :( 

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The only thing that seems iffy to me is their ball joint system. It's apparently made of a firm rubber, which I believe is there for friction. I like that they're not loose, but am unsure as to how they'll hold up over time.

Oh, and ditto on the stickers adhering poorly to the plastic.

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have two of the small-medium sets (Mirage and Jazz), and to be honest I'm not really into them. And I do love Lego.

The Kreons don't stand so well, and while the blocks are fine, the design of the sets is just substandard IMHO.

I'm done with Kreo, and am looking to getting more Lego sets to make with the kids.