Kreo praise and stuff you wanna see thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Kreo Transformers that got released. That I like. Movie Starscream,Movie Megatron,Kreo Devestator. Rotor rage Vortex. I like all of these better than the Rotf and Dotm toys.

Soon to be released Kreo on my buy list. Predaking,Devestator,Superion and Bruticus.

Micro Change combiners I want to see get made. Defensor,Computron,Menasor,Abonimus & Piranacon.

Kreo Transformers,I want to see get created. More Generation one Bigger build sets. Galvatron,Shockwave,Cyclonus. Dinobots,Insecticons,Rodimus Prime. Decepticon Tripple changers. Menasor,Computron,Omega Supreme.

Omega Supreme would be the perfect candidate for a build it Kreo set. As his 1985 toy was a build it toy.

Some Kreo build it sets. Hit a home run. while other sets striked out.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'd really love actual transforming "stealth force" style weapons added into vehicle modes.

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Metroplex.

That is all.

No, seriously. I'd spend whatever amount to own it.

4. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

Oh god. That would take forever to build. I can't even imagine.

I'd just be happy with Kre-o's that actually transform.

Edit: Or a set that actually USES ALL THE PIECES FOR BOTH MODES dsdfdfgs that drives me nuts.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's not unlike the enormous LOTR, Star Wars, or Space Police sets that Lego sells.

6. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'd like Kre-O a lot more if you didn't have to build each of the modes instead of transforming.

7. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

I just recently put together the Queen Anne's Revenge set. ~1100 pieces, and that took around three or four hours if I remember correctly. And that's only a hollow pirate ship that's 20"x25"x~7". I'm imagining a set that's the size of Universe Unicron and at least that many pieces, if not more.

So you'd have four hours at least of assembly time, then disassembly time, plus another four hours rebuilding time for the other mode.

I share that sentiment. But since I only buy the sets on clearance for $7 or $9 each I can't complain much.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fewer left-over parts - I don't see why they have left-overs in robot mode. I usually find somewhere on the back/arms to attach them and bulk the robot mode up a little.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

*Shrugs*

I think the Devastator set might be a pretty good litmus test for such a thing. And from the sounds of things, many enjoy the Devastator set thus far. It'll turn a number of people off, but there will be just as many that won't be bothered by the assembly, disassembly, and reassembly. Also, many will probably double dip.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like to see some Transformers human characters as Kreons. Generic soldier and driver Kreons are nice for the kiddies, but it'd be cool to see Spike, Carly, Buster and Dr. Archevil driving the vehicle modes. Maybe even a Chip Chase in a wheelchair you can build!

11. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Triple Changers.

Seriously, why hasn't that been done already?

And City Bots for the Microchangers.

12. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far, I've really enjoyed the Kre-o sets. Only thing I really want is the Hound Kreon that I know exists somewhere, but that they refuse to mass produce and release for some reason.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I want a Kre-o set that doesn't fall to pieces constantly. Only Starscream and mini Bumblebee do not have this problem and it makes the Kre-o look pathetic in comparison to my LEGO sets. The worst offenders being the giant Optimus and Sideswipe (who has to be the worst build, even worse then Prowl).

14. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I want to see Vortex released, but in non-random colors.

15. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for me, 1 word. DINOBOTS! I want dinobot kreo's, with little dinobot kreons.
    Hasbro, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I finally picked up my second Kre-O set this afternoon, I intend to go all out before the year is up so I can have all of the Kreons and Kre-O sets.

That being said, Hasbro could use a page from LEGO's book and integrate parts more in both modes. I could care less about fully transforming build-it-kits, quite frankly if I wanted something like that I'd just buy another Transformer from the mainlines.

Kre-O is meant to spark imagination and creative ways to integrate the parts, or modify the build to make it look better. It's called using your imagination. When it comes to LEGO sets I tend to just build and rebuild the same sets over and over again, there's very little imagination being used just following the instructions. When it comes to Kre-O you can follow the instructions if you want, but with a brand name like Transformers you're going to want to improvize. It isn't like Star Wars or Batman or Lord of the Rings where all you want to do is see a buildable representation of iconic scenes and ships.

Transformers are ever evolving toys, you can make them up into whatever you want. Even with something as simple as the Cycle Chase set I picked up today, I found different ways to integrate all the parts so there weren't any loose pieces. (Except that clear blue Autobot square, that doesn't actually fit in to be honest and I question its inclusion.)

The Kreons are nicer than the Mini-Figure too, for one thing they have more poseability. Sadly they still have much to learn, as stress marks and unyielding plastics can be a bit frustrating. But they've got time for it.

Anyway, since I only own Mirage and Cycle Chase so far I can't tell you what I really like so far. Except maybe the Kreons.

What I would like to see however is quite easy to share.

1) More Diverse Autotrooper and Vehicon Kreons in troop buildable sets. (I already have plans to grab another Cycle Chase and two of the Decepticon Ambush or whatever it's called to have a squad of six troopers on each side as a start. But would prefer Hasbro to release other sets with different named Kreons IE Barricade and Cliffjumper so I don't wind up with an army of those Kreons as well.)

2) Kre-O Pretenders. With building kits you could actually take the Pretenders idea and really make it fun. Imagine a kit for Thunderwing or Skullgrin where you can build humanoid forms out of the blocks and actually build the robot mode inside at the same time. Then with a simple pulling apart of a few key pieces you could reveal the robot within and then do even more with it.

3) Less Generic Human Kreons and more Named Humans from the various continuities. Even if we do have to get Miko, Jack and Raf before we get Carly, Spike, Chip, Daniel, Sparkplug and Minerva. (And Circuit Breaker and Blackrock and Archeville and Alexis and Doctor Jones and Kicker and Sally and Mikeala to go with Not-Sam and Simmons and... Uh, you get the point.)

4) Planetary Playsets, Primus as Cybertron, Unicron as Unicron, maybe even a Planet Junk or Quintessa for some real fun. (And SHARKTICONS!)

5) A small Crossovers Sub-Line with Starscream and Cobra Commander, Optimus Prime and Duke and other Joe Kreons driving Joe or Cobra Vehicles as Transformers characters. (If they can't do it in the regular lines why not Kre-O? There's no reason why they couldn't as far as I'm concerned.)

And that's about it really. At least for now.

17. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I'd like to see some more Beast Wars and etc. Kreons (or at least, characters that aren't G1), like maybe Inferno, Dinobot, and Armada Demolishor.

The Bruticus set has Vortex in his G1 colors.

18. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I think about it I think the blind packs are gonna be really good for this. We already have characters from G1, Beast Wars, Prime and maybe Movie in the assortment and some pretty obscure guys (Spinister, Crankstart, maybe Singe)

I'd love to see Dinobot, Airrazor, Inferno, Sky-Byte, Tidal Wave, Demolisher, Sideways, Override, Scourge, Crosswise, Scattorshot... basically any character who originated from a series other than G1 would make me happy, how rare such homages are. :) 

19. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any customized kreo sets. Anyone do anything interesting with a set

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I second the call for KreO Dinobot set(s) and Kreon Figures.

Gimme a Kreon-scale G1-esque Ark spacecraft kit.