Customs: Kreo kit heads.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dsn1014, Dec 8, 2011.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I've been eyeing these fellas up and I'd like to try and use them for customs. But I don't know how big they are. They sit on a ball joint? What's the plastic like?

Does anyone that has one have pictures of the head, showing the construction and size please?

Also the sets seem to have lots of various joints that could be of use too.

Which ones do you like the look of?

Attached Files:

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

The heads are made of a rubbery plastic, similar to the kind used on other TFs such as Thundercracker's nosecone and Skullgrin's pickaxe. Most of the heads are deluxe sized though some might verge on voyager size, but it really depends on how big the kit is.

The hinges and ball joints included with these kits would be pretty good custom material in my opinion. Personally I really like the Basic Prime head and I'm planning on using a cast of it for an upcoming project.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

There's a couple of customs on the radicons that use them. The only one I remember is a classics Sentinel Prime that uses the Kreo head.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The small kits tend to have deluxe-sized heads, whereas the bigger ones are more suitable for voyager and ultra class customs. There are some exceptions to this. The head on the Prowl kit, for example, is roughly the same size as the head from the smaller Jazz kit.

As for the material, the heads are made of a rubbery type of plastic, but it's very firm and durable. I'd imagine they take paint very well, especially if you clean and prime them properly.

5. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went out and got myself the small Jazz set out of curiosity. I have still to assemble him, but for the money I got a head and a bundle of joints, I'm quite happy. The head may be made of softer plastic, but it feels more than firm enough for anything I'd be doing.

Odd though that the head would be soft while everything else is firm and rigid.