KREO: Decepticon Ambush

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Argentenoboy, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy But what was even more like a drug was the drugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Because they didn't have Vortex Again

This is my first Feedback so bear with me.

This set is one of the two "Kreon Sets" with a character kreon and some drones. There's two out as part of the 2012 wave, The Barricade and Autotrooper set, and this set, which contains Cliffjumper and 3 Vehicons. Sounds familiar

Lets get right into the most Important part of the set: The Kreons

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cliffjumper is the only non-drone figure in the set, and he's a nice figure. Not much to say about him.

[​IMG]

Prominant of all figures part of the BFE (Battle for Energon) wave is the translucent chest, which I'm not a big fan of. Mostly because it's one big blue translucent peice. If it was like it shows on the box (A clear version of the regular peice) I would have liked it better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Vehicons, oh the Vehicons. How I love them. Something about them is just amazing. You get three in the set, a Jet, a Truck, and a Car, and all of them are Amazing. I imagine these would look amazing with the origional Kreon Megatron, but I didn't take him out. This is reason enough to get this set

[​IMG]

You also get a peice for the Big Dark Energon Gun. Kinda Looks like an Energon Cube, with a little handle to carry it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You also get some peices for a Decepticon Outpost. Not to bad to have, especialy considering the other set didnt come with anything else

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which works realy well with the ATV. The ATV has two mode, an ATV and a Turret. The ATV looks nice, but for me, the handle bars are too high up. It's honestly me just nitpicking

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The turrets nice, a lot of spare parts left over, which realy annoys me.

[​IMG]

Overall, this is a nice set, with some amazing Kreons and some nice peices to come with it. However, at 12.99, it just a little too much. I've seen some Coupons ($5 off) on some of the larger Transformers, so if you have one of those, definately get this. A wonderfull addition to your kreo sets.

2. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

mmmmmm cliffjumper :p 

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Kinda like the opening part of the Prime cartoon. Sorta.
    [​IMG]
    Cliffjumper:
    [​IMG]
    And the Vehicons:
    [​IMG]
    They come in what I assume are Miner, Jet, and Car flavors
    CJ's cart/ATV thing is pretty neat, though the handlebars don't really align with the hands that well. The hubcaps have 2 different designs: circular and star-shaped; same piece, you just flip it to whatever side you want to use.
    [​IMG]
    Also, only one leftover piece. Impressive!
    [​IMG]
    The cart/ATV can be rebuilt into what is basically half a cart/ATV with a slightly different turret layout.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lots of spare parts left...
    [​IMG]
    Hmm?

The stickers hold on a lot better than some of the older sets, though certain parts are incredibly hard to pull apart (the hubcaps and missiles in particular). And the Kreons are easily stressed around the wrists and the legs' ball-joints. Definitely NOT up to Lego standards, even if the Kreons got better articulation.

Still a nice and relatively cheap (this set costs the same as 4 blindpacked Microchangers yet contains more) way to see what Kre-O's all about -- and to troopbuild Vehicons. I for one am looking forward to more.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the ATV falls apart easily for me, but the turret build is slightly better. Unfortunately, one of my vehicons was missing a printed face so I had to exchange it. Hasbro Customer Support demanded I mail the entire thing back instead of just sending the damn missing piece...

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You too? Odd, Hasbro Canada (I assume) just sent me a new Kreon. In point of fact they sent me the wrong one, so now I have a headless Vehicon for spare parts, as well as a Cliffjumper Kreon, which I so did not need. Now if I could figure out how to paint duplicate Kreons alright though I might be able to make a Bumblejumper.

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've decided that in my house, the quad runner in the set is the Kre-O version Energon Sureshock.

[​IMG]