Kre-o Street Showdown Set

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rubicon, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Rubi Red

News Credits:
    Let's start off with the Kreons. The set comes with a total of 4 Kreons. 2 Transformers and 2 Humans. Wheeljack and Knockout are excellent additions. Both look great next to the other Kreons. Wheeljack comes with a blue translucent handgun and Knockout comes with a purple translucent shock staff.
    [​IMG]

This set like the other comes with an energon piece to collect to form a large energon weapon.
    [​IMG]

Moving on to Wheeljack's robot mode. Umm . . .:confused:  yeah. He feels very thrown together. The bot mode has a ball jointed head, shoulders, elbows, waist, knees and ankles with the hands being clawlike. The head looks very representative of the character. He scales really good with the other smaller bots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His alt mode also feels very thrown together. He doesn't resemble his G1 counterpart very much. Looks more like a weaponized rally car. Still scales well with the other smaller cars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moving on to Knockout. His bot mode suffers the same problems. This is a first for him in the Kre-o universe and doesn't really compare to his TF: Prime character model. His face is pretty cool, but doesn't have the feeling of the character. Has same articulation as WJ.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His alt mode also does not represent his onscreen model very well. I like that he came with yellow rims though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall impression: I really bought this set mostly for the Kreons. Both Wheeljack and Knockout look great. After building both modes for both characters I felt very underwhelmed. Although scaling very well, the characters seemed a little inferior to the previous small character sets. With previous sets we have seen people adjusting the build using the extra pieces to make a more rounded model. With this set it's impossible because the model used very few pieces and there were very little pieces leftover from the build.
    If your interested in purchasing this, the Kreons are great, but the build not so much.

Attached Files:

2. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

The Wheeljack and Knock Out sets are just a mess. The Kre-ons are cool though, as always.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I really have to wait for a good enough sale for me to get them all this round. The Kreons are the clear winners in these sets. Think just about everything is getting built in vehicle mode from here on out. I do love me some Kreons though, and gotta get em all.

4. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Is there anyway one can use L***s to beef them up?

Otherwise, this set is a true letdown since both characters are HUGE fan-favorites.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    They look like bad customs. And they don't even have the excuse of being transformable...

6. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    On another note, why are Wheeljack and Knock Out bot in a Kre-O set together and in the first wave of Cyberverse Vehicles together?

7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    What better way to hype things than to include two fan-favorites?

Also, on that note, anyone want a mainline scale Prime Jackhammer capable of seating Wheeljack and Optimus?

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not great, but the point of Kreo sets when I get them is to revise or outright redesign them to get something you like better.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That WJ head would be great for an MP Wheeljack.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    And the Knock Out head would be great for a Masterpiece fifty year old man.

11. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    I just want the head of knock out's robot mode...

12. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Well, when I get this set, I know some things I'll be doing to both in Robot and Vehicle forms. Can Knock Out's wheels be attached to his back kibble?

13. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Why is Legos censored?

14. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    TFWiki joke.

Seeing these two gives me ideas for a Kre-O Bruticus, though the set would be expensive even though Vortex would be separate.