Kre-o sets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by xMostWanted559x, Jul 23, 2012.

1. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Hi I'm new
    Just got into the Kreo sets. I bought a starscream and sentinel prime one. I want to add Optimus and megaton into my new collection. I do notice the new quest for energon sets have a OP vs Megatron version. Just wondering if those will be the same size as the regular kreo set ones or they will be smaller?

Also do you guys use plastic cases for your collection to prevent dust?

Thanks and I'll be around and hope to meet new friends here

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    welcome!

i dont have the new set yet as it just came out, but im willing to bet since its a 2 pack, they will be smaller than the first ones.

as for my collection. my non priority figures just sit open on bookcases but my more dedicated and valuable collections go into enclosed glass bookcases.

3. xMostWanted559x

If they are smaller I probably will get the regular one. Where's best place to order? My tru didn't have a Megatron when they had bogo.

I thought they made plastic housing cases but yea if they not worth much then I wont

4. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Welcome to the boards friend! The new Quest for Energon OP vs Megatron set will have smaller figures due to the lower price point and fact that it's a 2 pack.
    I usually display my sets on windowsill/bookshelf etc. but use plastic boxes for storing pieces.
    I live in the UK but I've heard that stores like K-Mart in the States have last year's Kre-O sets for huge discounts.

5. xMostWanted559x

Walmart has the last Megatron in town but his box is kinda messed up so not sure if I should pick it up for 20 bucks

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Every store here in the US has huge discounts on all of last year's Kre-Os.

Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and even the discount stores like Ross are carrying them.

It's a great time to get into the line.

7. xMostWanted559x

Some targets and Kmart in my town doesn't have much of them. Ross has them? As collectors do you guys save the boxes or should I just pick up the damaged box one. I really don't want to order online if it's local