Kre-O Sets you want to see in 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can tell the lack of actual transforming has been a problem with the toys. They put in the disclaimer "Product does not convert." on the Hasbro product pages. I'd imagine there were complaints by customers who bought them and then said "Bloody hell! I have to take it apart AGAIN!"

They added changing to the Kreons. I'd expect the next year's line to include one or two transforming toys just to see how they sell. It will probably get a new tag line like "Kre-O Konvertors!" or somesuch and act all proud.

[​IMG]

2. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My 2013 Kre-O wishlist:
    - Metroplex city set.
    - Ultra Magnus/Magnus set.
    - Omega Supreme set.
    - Trypticon city set.
    - Skyfire

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm sorry, but anybody who said that really doesn't know how to read. Since day one Kre-O Packages have said two things on the box, Product Shown in Fantasy Setting and Product Does Not Convert.

Hasbro knew what they were doing, any complaints they've recieved was more than likely by individuals who did not read the fine print.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That mention has appeared on previous non-transforming Hasbro Transformers, it's nothing new. So yeah, people might have complained at some point.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Everything? You think they can't work, I have models that prove they can.

Oh, because a crappy concept didn't work years ago an improved one is completely impossible? That's like saying added articulation is impossible because G1 toys were bricks. Shows a lack of vision imo.

You can get cool poses, but they can't support a lot of weight, they eventually wear out and they make aligning limbs for transformation very difficult. They should design their own clicky joints instead.

And not everyone is as narrow minded as you are. It works both ways...

6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

At what point did I claim they can't work? I never claimed they can't work, I believe that transformation in this instance would merely be an added bonus. Unhelpful and unrealistic towards the ultimate goal of Hasbro, which is to compete with LEGO.

They can make them, they can design them, they can do anything they damn well want with their property. Does that automatically mean that they will do these things? Not if they can't profit by it realistically there is just no way to have transformable sets that cost the same as they do now. And Hasbro is in the business of making competetive brands, not pleasing the fans who have minor complaints, however legitimate they may be.

No, actually because a crappy concept didn't work the first time Hasbro executives will be leery of attemtping another money losing idea again, even if the advances in toy engineering have allowed for improved all around product. Cost vs. Profit again rears its ugly head. In their eyes, is it cost effective to go this route? Doubtful.

Let's face it, the only reason the blind packed Kreons have extra parts to 'incorporate transformation' is so they can continue to market these toys as something above what LEGO is doing. Oh look, LEGO has Blind Packed Mini-Figures, well we have Blind Packed Kreons that can Transform, it's still a 2-in-1 toy. Buy ours instead kiddies.

Hmmm. Are the current methods of building the Kre-O sets evenly distributed weight wise on all the joints? I hope so, I would hate for them to collapse under their own weight, perhaps that is one of the reasons why Hasbro makes them the way they do. Of course that's merely conjecture on my point.

Oh well, if after three years of being in robot mode on the shelf Megs or somebody falls to pieces at the joints at least I'll know what's to blame.

I am not being narrow minded I am being realistic. Perhaps even pessimistic, but Hasbro is first and foremost a business. Their goal is to maintain a level of profit so that they can continue doing what they do and profit by it, so they don't wind up like the car companies who had to be bailed out by the government.

The fact that I come off as stubborn and refuse to fall madly in-love with what other fans have done by making fully transformable Kre-Os doesn't mean I'm narrow minded, it just means that the added bonus of a transformation between two modes just does not appeal to me.

And that leads to discussion of an 'slightly argumentative and defensive' nature on a forum. That's life. :shrug

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So why not include *some* transformable sets in the lot as suggested to test the waters?

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Seacons

Arcee vs Slipstream

Breakdown vs Bulkhead

Shockwave with a bonus Terrorcon Cliffjumper

9. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must be in the minority who sorta likes the Kre-o joint design. I mean yeah the rubber will eventually come off but it still offers more movement than the current click-hinges lego offers. With exception to the Bionical / Hero Factory stuff.

Anyways, I'd be totally cool with a city playset, like Metroplex, because if they make him the right size (and hopefully not exclusive), he would look great in bot mode with the kreons.

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry to inform you, but little Timmy, who begged his mother to get him the "cool Transformer Legos" for his birthday, did NOT read the "fine print", before the threw the blocks in a box and walked off to pplay with "real" Transformers.

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Clearly several adult fans want it. The people who post on this board are not a large portion of their fanbase. Not every one of the adult fans want transforming sets. However I do agree that maybe they should try a few transforming sets to see how they go over, but they may be holding those ideas back to give the line somewhere to go. They easily could have released KReon figures blind packed initially, but they chose not to. Now in their second year they've added them, so who know what they have planned for year 3.

12. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the sales theory here is to release plain toys first, then add features as the line developments, so they features look bright and shiny and people will buy them?

Not like that's without precident.... You start a line with normal Transformers, then add triple changer, combiners, Headmasters, Pretenders, etc. Each new gimmick is a sales point over the last year toys.

13. tgd124

tgd124 Junkion Wrecker

a 3-car set of the wreckers (like jazz size)
    sunstreaker (as lambougini)
    Cliffjumper (a barracuda like in prime)
    Wreck gar (as a motorcycle)
    soundwave (as a radio with frenzy, ravage, rumble, and laserbeak)
    and a better jazz, non-mucle car bumblebee, and maybe shockwave

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    KRE-O: now fully transformable!

15. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you mean the movie Wreckers, that probably won't happen as long as K'Nex has the license for block NASCAR toys. You can make your own by buying the K'Nex toys of course.

16. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want to see more TF blind packs and GI Joe sets. Joe sets have so much possibility.

17. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Here's my 2 cents.

the first lineup of Kreo-s garnered VERY +ve support from many. There's no need to improvise (although I personally think non-transformable is fine, but make sure the robot mode are a solid built ). And since many take a liking to the Kreo's minifigures, the next obvious thing Hasbro did was to .... release em in packs and more variations, along the line of your favorite TF characters you grown to love.... gestalts and all. It made perfect business sense.

If the majority still think they're pretty much contented with current offerings (more figs, more characters!) , Hasbro doesn't see a point of going further and make transformables one, which obviously require much more effort in the designing part to make sure everything fits and look nice at the same time.

Anyone motivated to build a transformable 'bot out of Kreo's can readily do so by getting 2 or more sets. They're chocked full of hinges and parts and the 'bot head are premolded too. What more could anyone ask for?

18. gokuz23

gokuz23 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobots:

Bulkhead
    Rodimus
    Ultra Magnus
    Jetfire
    Perceptor
    Smokescreen (From Prime)
    Hound
    Grimlock
    Omega Supreme

Decepticons:

Breakdown
    Onslaught
    Soundwave
    Brawl
    Lockdown
    Astrotrain
    Unicron
    Hardshell/Kickback/Shrapnel
    Lazerbeak (Mini-Fig)
    Rumble/Frenzy (Mini-Fig)
    Dreadwing
    Swindle
    Blitzwing

19. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    I think a Metroxplex type city for the Kreons that can be built into a robot is a great idea. I'd like to see that.

I love Devastator and wouldn't mind another combiner.

I think the triple changers would be cool too.

20. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    LOVE Kre-o...

Do not mind Non-Transforming Kre-o figures! I prefer the Kre-o and leave the Kreons bagged up. :p 

The best figures so far are Jazz, Mirage and Ratchet, that size of basic figure is perfect. Pity Prowl is not included but he's not well balanced, intend to fix him myself but haven't done it yet... Think the Wheeljack and Knock Out set figures, The battle for Energon OP+Megs figures, and Devastator individual figures were a little(a few bricks here and there) too basic as they looked more like Bionicals, boooo. Please don't give us gimpy looking bots.

A few more G1 bots pretty pretty pretty please, Trailbreaker, Hound, Sunstreaker would great.

You know the Dinobots are bound are right too ;)