Kre-O Sets you want to see in 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Sep 7, 2012.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Since all the 2012 sets are out except the Kreon blindpacks and gestalts, who do you want to see as sets next year?

Me:
    Cliffjumper (Muscle Car) v. Barricade (SUV)
    Ironhide v. Breakdown
    Protectobots for the BIG set (Flashpoint, Evac, Streetwise and First Aid)
    Long Haul in place of Vortex, but with parts to add him to Devastator
    An Ultra Magnus set

What do you want to see in 2013?

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Honestly, I'd go for Kreo in a big way if the toys you build could convert without disassembling it.

Other people have made fully transformable Lego toys and I'm sure it'd be easy to build some G1 type guys out of building blocks.

And then have variations of said character in the box (which makes use of the rebuildable aspect of it) ie, Optimus Prime can rebuild his arms which changes his cab mode or whatever.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    A Dinobots/Grimlock set with Kreon Grimlock,Swoop,Slug,Snarl,&Sludge vs. Decepticon Motorbreath,Slipstream,Drag Stripe,Long Haul, & Lugnut
    A Unicron set with Kreon Unicron,Fallen,Sideways,Cyclonus,Scourge,Sweeps
    A Primus set with Kreon Primus,Alpha Trion,Rodimus Prime,Arcee,Blurr
    A Blaster vs. Soundwave set with Kreon Blaster,Soundwave v2,Eject,Rumble,Steeljaw,Ratbat,Ramhorn, & Laserbeak

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would love some Beast Wars and legit RID sets.

5. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    G1 Cosmos, G1 Dead End, Prime Breakdown, and BW Inferno (with BW Quickstrike)

6. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metroplex or Fortress Maximus. A Playset style TF

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Transformable Kre-O sets.

8. Constructor

Constructor Witness my true form!

Lugnut, Barricade,
    and more Combaticons!

9. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see

-Kre-O Hound with a Ravage, and it would be cool if they could make a KReon Ravage as well
    -Kre-O Metroplex
    -Kre-O Bulkhead
    -Kre-O Lugnut
    -Kre-o Long Haul
    -Kre-o Blitzwing (I'd love to see what they do with a Triple Changer)

Kreon micro changers I'd like to see
    -abonimus big sets
    -Technobots big sets

individuals
    -Cosmos
    -sea Spray
    -Thrust
    -Ramjet
    -Kup
    -Ruamuck
    -Runabout
    -Blaster

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I wouldn't necessary expect fully-transformable Kreo toys, as I think that's asking a lot. I agree, though, that I'd like some form of transforming with these toys except from "take the whole thing apart." I'm wondering if the designers are able to come up with some kind of middle ground, making a glorified parts-former with multiple parts-forming components. Think of it like the way you "transformed" G1 Omega Supreme.

Like, let's say you build Prime's arm, which can transform between "arm mode" and "truck part mode." Let's say Prime's chest converts between "chest mode" and "truck windows with head inside it" mode. Let's say all these body parts must be taken apart (e.g. separate Prime into 2 torso pieces and 4 limbs), you do a simple transformation of each individual part (e.g. "bend the elbow 90 degrees"), and you re-assemble these parts like a parts-former. Like Omega Supreme, the repositioning doesn't even need to respect the other mode's anatomy. I'm totally making this up, but let's say you separate Prime into its transformable components, and maybe the legs disconnect and turn into the top of the truck, maybe the arms disconnect and turn into the trailer hitch, etc.

11. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    It can be done, I already have fully transforming Prime and Bumblebee figures made of Lego-like bricks from China (plus the Takara-licensed G1 Convoy and Animated Prime & Bumblebee). And they work, and I'm sure they could even be improved.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    actual kreo sets for the other four Combaticons

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Fully transformable mini bots

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Dinobots would make be incredibly happy. And Kreons that don't "transform". The original Kreons and the ones in the bigger sets are fine. The add-ons for the blind packed ones are ridiculous and unneccesary since the 'vehicle' modes are awful.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grimlock with Grimlock/Slag (Slog)/Sludge/Snarl/Swoop Kreons
    Soundwave w/Laserbeak and Ravage, with Soundblaster/Laserbeak/Ravage Kreons
    Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime with Hot Rod/Kup Kreons
    Arcee/Airachnid set with Arcee/Airachnid/Jack Kreons
    Jetfire with Jetfire/Roadbuster/Whirl or Jetfire/Windcharger Kreons
    Reflector troop-builder set with Hound/three Reflector Kreons
    Insecticon troop-builder set with Perceptor/Kickback/Bombshell (Hardshell)/Shrapnel Kreons

16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Why does everyone insist on sets that can transform? What is the appeal of this? If you want a Transformer you have literally hundreds of Transformers to choose from, Kre-O's claim to fame has not been about making Transformable Transformers, but recognizable versions of Transformers characters in both Mini-Figure styled forms and brick built set form.

I've purchased loads of sets and it doesn't bother me that you have to build it up in one mode or the other and then deconstruct it to get another form. In fact, it has the exact opposite effect, I love it so much that I find myself actively hunting down more Kre-O sets as much as possible. I can't resist building and building again, there's just something about it that makes me enjoy it even if it does take time.

You are literally building a toy that you can then have hours of fun with, in either mode, just because it doesn't 'transform' doesn't make it a bad thing.

As for sets I'd like to see for next year.

I would love it if next year we don't get another Bumblebee, Optimus and Megatron set taking up the slot reserved for something else, we've had three Prime and Bumblebee sets and two Megatron sets already, more characters would be better appreciated at this point.

Ideally, going from what we've seen of the past two years worth of Transformers sets and how they've evolved, I would like to see the following for next year:

Prehistoric Museum (or something) Dinobots: Kre-O versions of Grimlock, Swoop, Sludge and Slag or Snarl, with five Dinobot Kreons and perhaps one of the Constructicons we haven't seen yet, like Long Haul.

Mount St. Hilary Adventure: Kre-O version of the Ark, complete with Teletraan One, ship would be stuck inside of a volcano looking playset. Include Buildable Spy-Drone and a small Transformer Kre-O, like Gears or Huffer. Kreons would include Gears, Huffer, Trailbreaker(cutter), Infiltration Unit Reflector and Laserbeak.

Mech vs. Cybertronian: Kre-O versions of Prime Breakdown and Prime Bulkhead (throw in parts to make Breakdown with and without the missing eye.) Kreons include Silas, Bulkhead, Breakdown, MECH Soldier and maybe Miko too if you really want to.

Insecticon Swarm: Kre-O set featuring Prime Arcee and Prime Airachnid, Kreons include Arcee, Airachnid, two or three Insecticons.

Scouting Force: Troop Building Kre-O Set for the Decepticons, featuring some small model perhaps tied in with Soundwave a mobile communications vehicle that turns into a weapon or something. Kreons should be three Cassetticons, Rumble, Frenzy and Buzzsaw perhaps with the Autobot Hound Kreon previously established.

Ark Defense Unit: Autobot Troop Building Kre-O Set, including a small outpost style add-on for the Ark set, which can be converted into a massive turret. Kreons would include Blaster, Perceptor and Hoist with the Decepticon...Blitzwing or perhaps Astrotrain, maybe even another seeker like Acid Storm.

And last, but not least. Another Combaticon, Onslaught, Swindle or perhaps Blast Off.

It'd be nice if they cut out some of the human Kreons and just kept it strictly Cybertronian for a change, although that probably won't happen.

17. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Civilized Enforcer

Ultra Magnus, Dreadwing and Razorclaw.
    Maybe a tank like Shockwave.

18. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    By not making the sets transformable, they're just other generic sets of bricks. There's nothing groundbreaking about being able to do 2-3 different builds with the same set, Lego has been doing this for decades now. Transformers should transform, that's what the entire franchise is based on. What has more play value: to build or to build AND transform? I'm sure there would be even ways of making fully transformable alternate builds.

19. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see the line move away from the robot/vehicle sets and more towards buildings, scenes and locations.

20. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Until they do the above, "Kreo" and "want" are two words that will never go together for me.