Kre-O Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shadowbreaker, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    There wasn't a pictorial review for this guy, and I think he deserves one! This is also my first pictorial, so please tell me how I did. :) 

When I saw Kre-Os in stores for the first time today, I was pretty happy. I spent a good ten minutes going back and forth on who to buy. I ended up with Sentinel Prime! But does he warrant the $40? Read on to find out!

The Kreons

I'll cut to the chase with the Kreons since that's the most interesting part for a lot of people. The Kreons included are Sentinel Prime, Soundwave, Thundercracker, and a fireman.

[​IMG]

The Kreons is general for the whole line seem to be more G1-based. Even the Sentinel Prime Kreon looks like the G1 Marvel character! The fireman seems relatively boring, though they gave him a bunch of tools.

[​IMG]

But of course, there's no stopping giving the TF Kreons some tools.

[​IMG]

The Box

I like the Kre-O packaging. It looks very pleasing to me. Plus, It's fun to carry it through the store.
    [​IMG]
    Also, the instructions are a lot like Lego's, except Kre-O's seems more sturdy to me.

Vehicle Mode

Now let's get on to the vehicle mode. It was a blast to build, and definitly resembles that dude from DOTM.

[​IMG]

He also has a moving... Well, not a ladder (those are on the side) but it moves and has a flick-fire missile!

[​IMG]

A couple different views of the vehicle...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The front roof of the truck removes easily so you can place a Kreon at the driver's seat.

[​IMG]

Though I've found it easier to remove the windshield when I put a Kreon in.

[​IMG]

After the truck was built I found myself left with quite a few extra pieces. Maybe it's for the robot mode?

[​IMG]

Robot Mode

I was right! The robot mode is again, heavily inspired by that guy from the movie.

[​IMG]

Now take a close look a the head...

[​IMG]

To me, it looks like a Classics-ized DOTM head with a pinch of Animated.

(Also, notice the tore sticker on his chest. I'll get to that later)

Here's a shot of him unarmed...

[​IMG]

And a parting shot:

[​IMG]

I plan to take some better pictures and some possible outdoor shots tomorrow, and I kind of threw together a photo shoot. Newer truck shots will have to wait, as I don't want to disassemble this guy any time soon again.

The Negatives

Before I conclude this I do have some negative points to mention.

First off, the Stickers. I've been buying Lego Star Wars for quite some time, and fans generally dislike stickers, as do I. The Kre-O stickers however, are a bit different. Once it is on the plastic, it's relatively difficult to move. Some stickers actually tore (look at SP's chest) and it really disappoints me.

Instructions... They are easy. That's great... but there have been a few times where the colors wouldn't be exactly right. The colors that got confusing were the grays, black, and one time silver. I had to kind of guess with the colors, but in the end I'm pretty sure I got it right. I actually remember having the same probably with Legos once, but there were more color confusion in this Kre-O set. It's disappointing, but doesn't completely ruin the set for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

Sentinel Prime is my first Kre-O set. The Kreon selection is pretty good, as it comes with both Autobots and Decepticons. I tended to question myself if it would've been better to drop the $40 on the actual DOTM Leader Class figure, but I actually have more interest in the Kre-O guy rather than the DOTM line one. Do I regret the purchase? No. It it worth the $40? I tend to think of Legos as overpriced nowadays, so not really. The Kreons are even more awesome in hand, and both modes of the toy are fun. The only thing is if I want it to turn into a fire truck I have to make an effort of it and pay attention to what I'm doing.

In short, do I recommend him? Yes. He's fun in bot mode, and I'm loving the Kreons.

Again, I do plan on better pictures by tomorrow. So stay tuned!

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice job, too bad i only want the soundwave from this set and someone got it for me thank god lol.

but i agree with the colors, when I did Megatron I had to really pay attention as it was hard to tell the difference with the grays.

3. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knowing that the head is a vague animated homage, I'm way more interested in this set.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Awesome set, built mine in robot mode last night, the leg joints however have difficulty supporting weight. I love how you can create your own alterations. I made a "cockpit" for Sentinel to pilot himself:

BTW in robot mode he is the same size as leader Sentinel

Attached Files:

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I might have to buy it for the jaws of life. Are there any extra parts in bot mode?

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Actually, after I built the bot mode I forgot about extra parts. There's quite a few actually. More than I thought there would be.

Attached Files:

7. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Just got Sentinel over the weekend, so far only built the robot, but wow! Quite a fun leader sized lego robot they got here!

I really enjoy how big these guys are in their robot modes, and the rubber joints are nice for posing, but like Mackatron and big Prime, they are a little too top heavy for the legs.

My only observation is looking at some of the official pics of Sentinel on sites like BBTS and seeing how the official bot mode is missing quite a few pieces. You're left with a bunch of extra bricks for the bot mode, and if you look at some pics on other sites you can get a clue as to where they go.

Other than that, my kreon Soundwave goes unopened as of this typing, but has STRESSED marked arms. I hate that. Luckily, for me, I don't care about the mini figs as much as the bricked bot.

8. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Just bought Sentinel for $30 (regular $70). He's fantastic.

9. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

Does anyone know if the sticker with his name on it is supposed to go anywhere?