Kre-O Roadbuster?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We are likely to never see Kre-O movie Wreckers, as the brick license for Nascar seems to be with Knex. I saw there was a Knex kit of the car is the alt mode for Roadbuster... here is his (rather lame) robot mode! It uses only pieces from the Knex box set for the car, and uses every single piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Hmm. I wonder if it's possible to scavenge the pieces and build them onto something using KREO parts to get a better effect?

3. Scaleface

News Credits:
    I'd love to see it. Go ahead and try.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Sadly impossible.

UK doesn't have much market for Nascar. ;) 

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I didn't know K'New had their own Lego ripoff...you learn something new every day.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Awwwww man, I am headed by toy's are us today too.. I didn't need another excuse to buy stuff, dern you!! :lol 

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Yep, I think many building companies have started to move to more lego-compatable designs, since it became legal and all that.

You may notice that the roof of the car mode is still standard Knex brackets with a green lego-style hood. I have that on the roof on his back and the hood on the front of the robot, to make it sorta look like it's not just a robot, but a robot with car bits.

One small flaw with this kit is that three of the stickers (hood and 2 door) cover multiple bricks. So if you intend to disassemble the thing you have to either destroy the stickers, or keep the bricks that are on connected to one another. I kept them all together for my robot, making the door into his legs, and the hood his chest.

Also, there is a slight descrepency in the box picture. It shows a white line of palates across the hood. There is one white plate layer in the instructions and no parts to make it.