Kre-o Optimus with Trailer WTF is up with the Stickers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Erland, May 1, 2012.

1. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kre-o Optimus Prime with Trailer

So I decided to go ahead and buy this since it was on clearance for $30 at wal-mart.

I got it to work and started putting it together when I noticed that the stickers are giving me issues and I'm OCD when putting together my toys.

In the instructions it shows 2 stickers on the hood of the cab (the red section) and on the sticker sheet they only give you one.

Also the stickers that go on top the cab under the roof scoop (that's a roof scoop? yeah, well that's what I'm calling it) are too big to go there, not by much but they are.

Also the doors on the command station (behind the cab, but not on the trailer) open in opposite directions. WTF? and what is that piece for that sticks out from the cab in front of it?

Also I have 8 spots for tools/weapons and 13 weapons. WTF?

AH, they don't understand my OCD and should have put more thought into this but, eh it's all good.

It gives me something to do.

Anyways, my main point in making this is to request pictures to see what you did with yours, close up pics for the stickers going on the top of the cab would be great.

Suggestions for the hood as well please.. pics are most helpful.

Thank you

2. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

When helping my 7yo place some of the stickers we only put 1 on the cab. We took one of the larger stickers cut it in half so when he decides to build the bot mode their won't be two stupid looking autobot insignias right next to each other.

3. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    I wasn't allowed to put the stickers on the hood...my sister and I got it as a shared present (we're both adults haha~), and she too is quite OCD...She managed to get them on okayish, but yea, they are too big...she had a lot more issues with her Kre-o Starscream though.

We didn't put the stickers on his door panels in the command station bit because the panels were already engraved and I really didn't want to ruin it by putting them over that when I felt the sticker was uglier than the engraving.

4. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right! I felt the same way, and the way the instruct you to put it on, makes no sense at all.

5. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Only sorta on topic but anyone else have issues with stickers not sticking and lifting off? My Megatron's stickers are lifting and no matter how much I seem to push them back down and hold them or force them down for a bit they start lifting back up...

Is this common? Just mine? Fix?

6. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    no this is very common, and one of the few problems I have with the line. if you don't mind a more permanent solution, just get a small pack of super glue and permanently affix them as you go along. honestly I hope they apply the graphics to the blocks in the future like lego does already. not a fan of stickers.

I'll have to check my prime when I get home. I don't remember having sticker issues on him but that was about a year ago he got put together so I dunno.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lego only does that for elements they're likely to re-use. Set-specific graphics are stickers.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So no pictures people? oh, ok...

9. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    Yeah, the instructions for the doors really were confusing...didn't make a lick of sense :crazy: 

I'm currently away from home so I can't photo my one right this second :|

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I left most of the stickers off.Why would you want that many Autobot stickers on him anyway?

11. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

I used a Repro Labels Autobot sticker for the hood. I cut it in half. Sorry about the glare.

[​IMG]