Kre-O optimus Prime (Basic)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SoundMaster, Jul 27, 2011.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I really liked how the smaller scale Jazz Kre-O set turned out, so I picked up another. Seeing as the store didn't have Mirage, I got Optimus instead.

[​IMG]

Thankfully, all of the Kre-O sets come in a reusable box, to store the instructions, accessories, and unused pieces.

Unfortunately, Prime doesn't come with any kreons, but it doesn't bother me that much, since I'm in it for the build-able figures, and don't think the kreons are the most magnificent things ever created (Although they are cool!)

Truck Mode

[​IMG]

The truck, despite have some odd proportions is solid, looks good, and rolls well. The tires aren't rubber though. I was surprised by the fact that the silver wheels clip onto the insides of the tires. If you look at the truck directly from the front, it is actually very narrow and tall, which looks a little odd.

[​IMG]

There's a small clear red brick on the back, I guess to replicate tail lights.

Here it is compared to the deluxe an voyager versions of classics Prime. (I don't have a classics or henkei voyager, so the Botcon version will have to stand in for it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are four leftover pieces when built in truck mode.

[​IMG]

Robot Mode

[​IMG]

I really like the robot mode. It is just as solid as the truck, and does a good job capturing the more iconic parts of the G1 Design.

[​IMG]

Prime's articulation is a little bit limited, but you can still get some good poses out of him. He lacks knees, and his shoulders can only move outwards, but I can forgive that since he's made of building blocks.

[​IMG]

Another size comparison, this time in robot mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When in robot mode, there is only one leftover piece, which can't really be stored anywhere.

[​IMG]

Overall, I like this set. But If the limited articulation and lack of kreons bother's you, then I would recommend some of the larger sets.