Kre-O (non TF)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ANDROID PRIME, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Kre-o is Hasbro's shot at a construction toy. They have the Transformers license and the soon to be released Battleship license.

My questions for you are as follows,

1. If you were Hasbro what would you do with the Kre-O brand next.

2. What would you do (besides different licenses) to advance Kre-o ahead of other construction toys such as Lego or Mega Bloks.

I personally think a no-brainer would be selling Kreons separately.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    GI JOE

Only company making military brick sets is that Best Lock brand at TRU. Hell the Oxford Brick company from Korea that makes Kreo FOR Hasbro started with military sets! Lego doesn't want to be associated with war so they shy away from military themed sets. Megablocks is Megablocks, Kreo is better.

If Hasbro wants to give Lego a run for their money, GI Joe is a surefire way to do so.

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, KREO GI Joe would make sense.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

They might you never know. But as a brand GI-Joe is almost circling the drain. If retaliation does well and revitalizes the Joe brand we might see them.

5. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that Battleship is out on retail, I figured it would be a good time to revive this thread.

Anyway, I just got the Alien Strike set, and it's a damn fine toy. The brick quality is great as always, but what really makes the set stand out from the earlier TF stuff is the much improved quality of the stickers and Kreons. Also, having a little plastic Rihanna is hilariously awesome.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't know battleship was out, kinda hoping to see them soon

I'm having less and less hope for kre-o as transformers set won't even sell at half price

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's surprising how slow Hasbro has been with the Battleship toys, given how the movie is already out in some countries and just days away in others.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt it's hasbro retailers have been pushing kre-o out the door since january and people still aren't buying. Can't blame stroes for not wanting to pick up a new line although I can't wait to get the battleship... on clearence, like every other kreo purchase I've made

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well star trek has been confirmed for kre-o

10. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on where you are. They have been selling solidly where I am, and I remember seeing them all but fly off shelves in Hong Kong, where Lego is terribly overpriced.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    2 things:

1. I would see how well Battleship sets sell. If they sell well enough, then I would start making G.I.Joe Kre-O sets.

2. For Transformers, I would make more "creative" sets like we see with LEGO's CREATOR line. In other words, a bunch of parts in certain colors that inspire the one using the set to rebuild it in many different ways. These would also include multiple new head sculpts. Basically see my idea here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/518662-i-want-kre-o-bucket.html

I would sell Kreons in blind-packed baggies. These Kreons would be of popular main characters, army/troopbuilder type characters, and unique takes on characters as the rarer short-packed chase figures (clear purple megatron, nemesis prime, white optimus prime, red rodimus, gold beachcomber, etc.)

Secondly, I would start using new "gimmick" bricks like LEGO has done in recent years. These bricks could light up, make sounds, color change, glow in the dark, etc.

12. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As it is, Battleship is already GI Joe Lego, hell, half the sets aren't even sea based :p 

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just found out Battleship isn't even hitting US theaters till next month. Are the Kreo and other Battleship merchandise even out in stores over there?

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're out at Target stores in the US now, on an endcap:
    Battleship KreO Released
    New KreO Battleship Images

15. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'd say MLP Kre-O, but considering how butthurt everyone gets at the mention of it, I'm holding off on saying it.

16. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

I'm still curious what they heck they're going to do with that. Minifigures, sure, that's easy. But what will the -sets- be? Bridge, transporter room, scenery vignettes? Mini-scale ships?

17. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GI Joe makes the most sense. There's so many vehicles in that line, they could have waves beyond waves of models. Plus the amount of mini-figs would be ridiculous.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And a shuttle craft.

19. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Personally, I want them to stick to TransFormers and Battleship. I know I'll definitely be trying to get all the battleship sets, and I may get one or two of the TransFormers ones (Probably Prowl, one of my favorite Autobots! :D ). The TransFormers Kre-O sets just don't interest me that much, especially the weird robot modes on some of them. Luckily since they're construction sets I can always give Prowl a better robot mode. :wink:  The Battleship sets, however, since they don't have robot modes and they're just vehicles/bases/other stuff they look pretty awesome! It probably also doesn't help that I've become a pretty huge Battleship fan! :D