Kre-O Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Razerwire, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bought this set today since I have a soft spot for Mirage.

Plus it was only $11.99 which wasn't so bad.

Pros:

-Good alt mode.
    -Pieces are tight when connected. Almost up to LEGO standards in quality.
    -Awesome robot head. I can foresee many uses for these robot heads to use on regular figures. Mirage's head is pretty much a bigger version of his Classics head.
    -Miniature Mirage is a great figure.

Cons:

-Robot mode is rather meh.
    -The race car driver's visor detail isn't in the right position. When the helmet's on, it covers some of the visor making it look rather awkward.
    -The Autobot label on the robot chest wasn't cut for non-flat surfaces which results in creasing on the edges. That Autobot badge was probably better off being tampoed on.
    -Spare parts in both modes. While I didn't mind taking apart the thing to transform it I kinda wished they used all the parts in both modes so there wouldn't be extra pieces lying around. I understand that doing that would create more kibble which I'm totally cool with. But hey, it's building blocks. Anybody can attach those extra pieces wherever they see fit. That's the great thing about these things.

So yeah, if you're into building blocks, these can be pretty fun. Personally I like them just for the miniature figures of the robots. The robot heads were a pleasant surprise. At $11.99 for this set, it's cheap enough to enjoy without feeling that you've overspent.

Attached Files:

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    how articulated are the bots?

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ankles, knees and head are on ball joints. The shoulders and elbows are on swivel joints.

4. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Looks ok, Reprolabels™ needs to release a set for these. With the Cintanes logo.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow. That's a pretty big fail right there. The likelihood of me purchasing any of these other than Ratchet just plummeted.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm on board!

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    With articulation like that, and the proof in the pudding that it can make a good robot. I would buy Kre-o sets just so I could construct my own bots. Ones that can actually transform...

8. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just grabbed the Bumblebee one today, and the robot mode is pretty damn great. Much bigger and more articulation than I expected.

9. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
  10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    To be fair, Mirage has all of TWO spare parts in bot mode, which are easily attached to make a spoiler on his back:

[​IMG]

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is odd that some of these are really nicely done for both bot and vehicle mode like the $60 Prime and the big Megatron, while others have either nice vehicle modes and bad robot modes or bad vehicle modes and good robot modes. I think when I get my KRE-O of Bumblebee, I'm going to try to improve his looks.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, you do have to remember that the Prime and Megatron are much larger sets with higher piece counts than a good chunk of the line. Making a decent Mirage out of 100 parts is a little more impressive to me than making a good looking Prime out of 600 parts.

13. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Big Lego collector, thought I'd give the Kre-O line a try with Mirage.
    As a result, I'm really liking this line, impressive designs and minifigs(or Kreons as they are called here). I'm definitely going to get more of these. Quality is very good as others have said, definitely just as good as Lego. My "race driver" has the same visor issue as the OP. lol
    BTW: The 2 extra pieces in bot mode easily attach to Mirage's back as a wing, that's what I did with them anyway.

Sorry about the horrible cell-phone pics in advance, I just snapped these real fast:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]