Kre-O Mech Venom Strike (Windcharger VS Corhada)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Noideaforaname, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Like the “Dark Energon” series, “Beast Hunters” gives us two VS Packs for Kreons, though this time instead of Troopbuilders we get brick-built Predacons. Strangely, neither of the sets bother to actually name anyone included, though we do have their names thanks to the NYCC presentation.

(I realize these sets were released a while ago, but they didn’t have a review nor much in the way of decent pictures)

Windcharger
    [​IMG]
    Hey, it’s that guy everybody went crazy for a few years back.
    [​IMG]
    Windcharger is standard Kreon fare: decent range of articulation, prone to stress marks and cracks even straight out of package (especially the wrists, as you can see).
    Like a lot of Autobots, he’s red. I suppose the grey helmet helps make him stand out.

[​IMG]
    Windcharger comes with a display brick to stand on, in matching colors, too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Windcharger can be rebuilt into a squashed-looking car, though considering that’s how the original looked it’s not a bad thing.
    [​IMG]
    What’s strange, though, is that the instructions tell you to put this sticker on top of the clear windshield part. The stickers are somewhat translucent, but not that translucent.
    Needless to say, I didn't apply that one.

Cannon
    [​IMG]
    Windcharger comes with a cannon, also in matching colors. I wonder if he gets everything in those colors…
    [​IMG]
    Windy can man the controls, though given the weakness of his wrists I’m not entirely comfortably actually letting him do so.
    [​IMG]
    The missile itself has a peg that allows it to be held by Kreon hands…or Predacon jaws.

I wish there was a Metroplex set to tack this onto…

Corhada
    [​IMG]
    Like his Beast Wars Neo namesake, Corhada is a blue snake, something we don’t see much of in Transformers. He has a good deal less body than the packaging implies, but he is by no means tiny.
    [​IMG]
    Since he has to coil a bit to be able to rear up, you can’t really have both the head and clawed tail up in an attack positions.

The semi-translucency of the stickers really hampers the eyes.

[​IMG]
    Corhada’s a Predacon, though oddly he uses the “beta” insignia that showed up on early promotional shots of various other Predacons. Even weirder is that the packaging uses the proper Predaking-esque symbol. Crazy fanon theory time!

His body is made up of 10 balljoints, so he has an impressive range of motion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Basically can do everything you'd expect a snake monster to do.

[​IMG]
    Verdict
    I’m mixed on this set. Not quite impressed with Windcharger and his cannon, but that’s due to the sense that it’s been done before (plus I have no nostalgic connection to Windy). Corhada, on the other hand, is a cool addition to not only the Kreon universe, but to the Beast Hunters Predacons, who were in desperate need of something different. Recommended!