Kre-o Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Aigis, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Found him at TRU today. Only built the car mode so far. It's pretty cool. The wheels don't spin too good and the front two keep popping off. Oh, and he's silver. I didn't know that until I dumped all the pieces out of the bags. Here's some crappy pictures of the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the Kreons. Jazz kept falling over because his door wings make him a little back heavy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, yeah, this is pretty cool. The bricks are really good quality and feel just like LEGO bricks. Now I gotta tear him apart and build the robot mode...

I'll try to get some robot mode pictures up in a few hours or maybe in the morning depending on how tired I am.

EDIT: Oops. Turns out I had the front wheels on backwards. Derp.

2. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And here's the robot mode! It's.....ehhh....something.

[​IMG]

Man, he has crappy arms. Articulation is pretty crap too. I wish he had knees...and hands. His head is pretty damn nice, though.

[​IMG]

Crappy pics, I know. My hands are shaking right now and I can't hold the camera steady.

Anyways....

He's OK. Car mode is better than robot mode. Robot mode is kinda derpy, but I still like him. I'd give him a 7/10.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was really excited for Jazz until I found out the car was silver. I guess I will have to pass and hope they release it in white later.

4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeeeeaaaahhhh....

I'm liking some of these, but Jazz is not one of them.

5. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up Jazz after seeing some of the other sets in person, and I have to say, first impressions were not as positive as they were with the other Kreos.

But, the thing I love most about it being made of bricks, is that you can easily rearrange sections that you don't prefer. I made the shoulders a little bulkier by re positioning the Hood of the car, and by bringing the arms up a little further, and using some of the long Hasbro Grey pieces to give him a wider shoulder stance.

For 11.99 he's a pretty swank deal, the Alt Mode looks great, and rolls really well. I have to say, at these prices I seem to be getting more for my money than the normal Deluxes and Voyagers, given that you need to really spend the time to change them between modes. For what they are they're really nice, and creative. Jazz from what I understand might be the bottom end of the line, which is good for me because I still like him quite a bit. Might pick up Mirage later this week, and perhaps Sideswipe if I see him again.

6. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    His arms have the articulation of flapping like a chicken. LOL Up, down, up, down... He'll be staying in vehicle mode for me.

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    You had mentioned the wheels pop off on your review, make sure that the wheels do snap on the lego piece securely. You got to give it a nice nudge to it. Also make sure the hubcaps/wheels are not placed backwards on the tire, that also can create an issue with the tire not being placed properly on the lego piece. It will not spin properly..

8. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked Jazz up yesterday and went through both the builds of the car and bot mode. After doing both the molds i put it back to the car and now i'm just trying to decide if i wanna put it back in robot mode just cause i can't decide i love these sets!

9. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Would anyone be able to snap some pics of Jazz without the stripe stickers? Just seems like G1 stripes on movie gray/silver doesn't work for me.