Kre-O Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Jan 28, 2012.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, so we know he's been announced, and is nine-in-one (eight construction vehicles that become four robots [but only four vehicles at a time] that merge), but is anyone else a bit let down by there being only four?

Unless the price tag is prohibitive, I'd try to get two of it so I can have all eight, and maybe make a few unique vehicles.

Also, what do you think the eight vehicles are? My guesses:
    Trencher
    Cement Mixer
    Quarry Truck (smaller side, like a 773B)
    Front-End Loader
    Forklift
    Excavator (either construction of mining)
    Crane (type irrelevant)
    Bulldozer

Just figured that since I have a semi-valid complaint, I'd start some debate over the toy.

2. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    8 vehicles? I thought each robot made one vehicle. Where is this coming from?

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    I think that's what the guy who reported from the UK Toy Fair stated.

It was one of the things that really caught my interest.

Okay, yeah I goofed, it says that we get four robots/vehicles.

Still getting two so I can make it six. But hey, RiD Build King homage

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I don't mind there only being 4 Constructicons. I would've loved to have more, of course, but on the plus side it should keep the price down.
    Wonder how Devastator will physically be formed, especially since he can't do the old "each Con becomes a limb" thing. Perhaps the 4 will become so intermingled you can't tell where one begins and one ends. Wonder what sizes the individual Cons are; will they all be the same "class" or different? How big will Devastator be?

I hope at least some of the construction vehicles aren't the standard ones. I'd love a steamroller.

5. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think this will be similar to a concept I had for a train combiner; the result will look similar to a Metagross.

Otherwise, RiD Build King is my guess.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm fine with there only being four. Six of them could have either caused Devastator to be too big for his joints and connections to handle, or the individual bots to be small and simplistic. With just four you still get the team aspect, but without the complications.

Either way there's very little chance I'll get him. I'm not particularly a fan of Devastator, or Kre-O for that matter.

7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Either way, I'll be buying it. I was hoping for a Kre-O Devastator since Kre-O was announced. Can't wait to see what he looks like.

8. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

As long as I get all 6 G1 Constructicon Kreon minifigs, I'll be happy.

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Boom. The Kreons are the best part for me, and for all the sets (and I have them all except small BB and Prime) I have only set them in one mode, and that is how they have stayed. Devs will be put together combined, and left on the shelf (or right now, the bin).

10. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

That's exactly what I've done, and where they will go.

11. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people profess a love for the kreons over the actual sets. Cute as they may be, the kreons are far inferior in terms of quality compared to the bricks themselves (which are on par with Lego).

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    While I will say that the stress marks on the Kreons are a little disapointing, the one thing I like about them is it is hard to screw up a lego sized figure. I know the sets take a lot of engineering to make it so that they look good and use most of the pieces in both modes. But, I see some of the sets as marginal at best in one mode or the other. A lot of mine got built in car mode just cause the bot mode looked goofy either in the display or on the box. One of these days I will tackle taking Optimus apart and building him as a bot, but it is too much of a time investment for me.

Kreons I can just put together 5 or so pieces and be happy. Instant gratification.

Edit: And I love Robot Heroes and Decoys, so they fit nicely with that size.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering how the regular Kre-O sets 'transform' by moving the bits all around I'm sure this'll be how he combines.
    As for four instead of six, I'm sure some enterprising soul will mix and match multiple sets to create more Constructicons.