Kre O defects

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Guan1305, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Guan1305

Guan1305 Active Member

Hi everyone, I ran into some problems with my Kre O... I am hence posting my concerns here... hoping for advices from all the experts here. :D 

I am a Singaporean (a small country in the far east).... my girlfriend bought me a Ultimate Optimus Prime Kre O set from Toy r Us online during one her travels to the States.
    Unfortuantely, the head of the set turned out to have a pretty poor paint job. The paint at the eye is way too excessive.

I wanna have the head replaced... but being in a country so far away from the states, my options are limited. Toy r Us does not send replacement parts overseas, whereas Hasbro (both the Singapore and US office) did not even bother to reply to my queries.

I read from the Hasbro website that they do accept ordering of parts.. but I have no idea on how to go about doing that.

I really need some advices as to how to get around this little problem of mine. Looking forward to advices from you guys. Many thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    It may be cheaper to just get a new set in Singapore. Assuming that the TRU online store decides to replace the defective part, you will probably need to ship the whole box back to them with you shpuldering the cost.

3. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Honestly? I would get a tiny brush and match that dark blue and just do a touch up.

That would be your quickest and easiest option there. It's not horrible and one tiny little swipe of a brush will take care of it.

4. AU Chevy

AU Chevy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks like Prime is shedding a tear.
    Could you get a hobby knife and scrape it off?

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That's just a minor defect that you can probably remedy it yourself.

6. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would use a hobby knife. If you're careful it should scrape off pretty easily without damaging the soft plastic.

7. Guan1305

Guan1305 Active Member

Many thanks to all your replies and advices.
    I am pretty much a noob in this aspect... using a hobby knife can do the job?
    I have tried using some sharp objects to scarp off but to no avail.
    Perhaps I can give the hobby knife a try.

As for the painting it... I am concern that the paint might make it worse if the colours dun match.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The hobby knife should work. You don't want to cut it off. Just shave it off. If you want to paint it, just get a blue that's a close to exact match. Looks like navy will work. You could always do a tiny custom mix until you get an exact match. But really, it seems way more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to go for the exchange. The other way would be to see if someone is selling another head by itself if you can't be bothered to fix it.

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Could he just use a small dab of paint thinner to remove it? Or would that damage the blue plastic underneath it?

10. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

try rubbing alcohol (70%-100%), good solvent and doesn't damage the plastic.