Customs: Kre-O Custom Potential

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Figured I'd start a thread dedicated to this sort of thing.

I bought a Kre-O Jazz and Prowl at TRU over the weekend as part of their BOGO50% sale. I've always been curious about these sets (I have no prior experience with the BTR line from Armada). I can kind of see the potential in these sets. For one, the head sculpts are nicely done and on par with the head sculpts of actual Transformers. The only drawback is that they're not made out of solid plastic, but perhaps a hard rubber? The ball joints also appear to be made out of the same material.

I still think they'll hold up nicely for customs, plus they have a few parts that are kind of unique to the Kre-O line and not just a generic clone of Lego (there are plenty of those too). Also, I see these as a nice alternative to Lego, which can be quite pricey. If only Kre-O had more Technic-like parts. :) 

I'll probably build the default robots and then take them apart after a few days. I plan on keeping parts that I can use for kitbashing purposes as well as the Kreons themselves, but I'll sell off the rest. So, if you're looking for replacement parts, or you like mixing these with Lego and other building bricks, send me a PM. I'm not expecting to make much back since I'm keeping some of the desired parts for myself, but someone else may find a better use for random bricks.

So what are your thoughts on the sets? Am I the only one seeing any custom potential with them?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Certainly not, as I long considered getting the Ratchet set just for the head.

I think your post is spot on.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I forgot to say that the sticker sheets are a good source of labels, especially with faction symbols. Not sure how well they adhere to things, though.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'm now tempted to pick up more of these sets.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Good call! I'll have to keep this in mind when I need new pieces...

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I put the gray-backed Autobot symbol from Kre-O Jazz on my FP Springer. It works surprisingly well, considering there are certain parts on the figure that are the same dark gray color.