Kre-O Autobot Jazz Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by mitchsantona, Jun 18, 2011.

1. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't even watched the video, but I thank you for the review. This is the only Kre-O I'm interested in, and it's great to finally have a review.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I do quite like this Jazz, although I'd love to see a reissue of this exact set with all of the silver bits swapped for white at some point.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Picked up this set today and it's definitely better than the Mirage set.

Pros:

-Solid alt mode despite it looking more like a crossover than a race car.
    -Robot head mold is another success much like Mirage's.
    -Robot mode is one of the better ones out there.
    -The Kreon Jazz is quite awesome with the smirk on the face and the door wings.

Cons:

-As with all other sets, there's left over pieces. But that's an overall Kre-o thing and not just this set.
    -The door wings on the Kreon are kinda ridiculously big.
    -Not sure why they included the red car seat since it won't fit in the cockpit with the two black triangle pieces blocking the back of the seat from snapping in. Also, having the seat in there along with the driver prevents the roof door from closing all the way.

5. nlsfc96

nlsfc96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. badbot98

badbot98 Antihero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

wow. i like the head. i wish i didn't pass on this now.

8. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I love how the video still shot makes him look so teensy. He's one of my favorite sets so far.

10. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    It's why I picked him over Bumblebee for the review. He is fun, affordable for all and slick looking.

11. badbot98

badbot98 Antihero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF why didn't I get any news credits, I posted 2 threads of a video review of both jazz and ratchet way before you, so yeah WTF!?

12. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

I picked up Jazz as well, and my friend picked up the small prime. Both of us agree: we wish we could return them. The Kreons rock, as does the robot mode head... But everything else is pretty fail. The instructions ARE easy to follow, but I dare you to find anywhere (on either mode) where you are told to use the driver's seat. For some reason it's just not used. And they didn't just forget a step, there are a couple pieces behind the driver that block the seat from fitting. And then there is the extra sticker he pointed out; that drives me crazy and points at some issues in the design process. Also, like he showed, each mode uses only about 3/4ths of the parts. It's not a partsformer, at least the horrible BTR sets attempted to use the same parts for both modes. And personally I don't think either mode looks very good. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Legos :) . Oh, and stickers aren't the only reason they are cheaper than Legos, they also use lower quality plastic. That said, this plastic does not feel like it's about to break or anything. And one area I give them mad props on is the connection quality. These things hold together well, better by far than Mega Bloks or any other non-Lego brands I've experienced. So there is definitely potential. And if they ever sold the Kreons individually I would snap them up. But at this point I'm disappointed over all.

I'd love to see some reviews of the larger sets. With added touches like the hand parts they look more promising. And maybe they figured out how to stash the extra parts...

(on a side note: if you can find the Lego minifigs series 4 punk rawker... Kreon Jazz looks crazy sweet with his guitar... :)  )

13. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i picked up jazz and sideswipe and so far i think theyre pretty cool. im not sure if ill pick up all of them, but i definitely need to pick up starscream, that one looks really good and it's the only one i haven't seen yet.

i think the extra jazz sticker is supposed to go on the crotch area. sideswipe has a sticker there, why can't jazz?

also why is sideswipe's head red?

14. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    after building both of the figures i have, i decided to use the extra parts to make weapons.... jazz now has a huge freakin gun and sideswipe also has an machine gun like thing and a shield.... i used everything but the steering wheels

15. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up jazz and I think they should have made the face fit the build even though he now can be used for mods. But if they made lil Kre-O heads I would have appreciated it more. Oh and knee articulation for the 11.99 ones would be nice. One of my daughters is having a blast with her mini Bee. She has taken it a part and put it together 3 times now.

16. mgtron1

mgtron1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone else find the rubber heads cheap and somewhat ruin the figures? So far the best I have seen is Mirage, with the worst being Megatron (not to mention, in general), I HATE HATE HATE the Megatron head. Most of the characters bot modes heads look very G1, where Megatron and Bumblebee look like a combination of animated+G1+Crappy Bay Designs. I will be keeping Megatron in his truck mode. At least that looks pretty decent.
    Oh, by the way, my Shockwave came with 2 left arms.

17. wrecker

wrecker Particle man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the red seat does NOT fit in "car" mode and that extra sticker WTF man?

otherwise better than mirage

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone reviewing these might like to point out that the Mini-figure's weapons are cross compatible with Cyberverse toys (and some scouts) that also use the 3mm clip & bar system. If you want to be odd you could hang any of those minifigures on a clip bar on a Clip compatible Deluxe like NEST Brawn or Darkmount.

Personally the part about them I'm not digging is the lack of proper hands.
    I may buy one or two of them should they ever show up in the UK.

19. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member

Transformers Kreo Jazz

Here is another one of the lower price point toys. Overall he is decent but I think he would have been better at a larger scale.

My photo gallery is located here: Facebook.

Transformers Kreo Jazz - YouTube

Also, check out the rest of my channel at cakedup83's channel - YouTube. As always, please rate, comment, and subscribe!