KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Hot Roding Autobot Punk

YouTube:
    My Nemesis is the re-Re-Release version.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Hot Roding Autobot Punk

YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

What do you currently have/figures/sets in your Kre-o collection? I’m just curious. My oldest son just got into Kre-o a couple weeks ago and we had a lot of fun building all the figures and finding out which figures are in the blind bags.

4. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Weeeeell... I have 248 Kreons -- all but three or four of the blind bags, doubles of all the combiners, and a whole bunch from sets that I either bought cheap, or found just the Kreons from sets being sold online. I only have a few whole sets, the Prowl set, Autobot Command Center, Galvatron Factory Battle, Optimus Prime Beast Blaster, and the Strongarm Capture Cruiser -- and 84 customs ranging from looking for pieces to complete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fanbase0000

Look at what my son and I got today. 50 blind bags of Kre-o. Also got box set of Jazz and Bumblebee that’s not shown.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  6. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Nice haul! Series 1 and 3 -- both were hard to find here before Kreons totally disappeared. I'm actually still missing Insecticon and Ramjet. I don't know why I passed on them way back then.
    What are those two over on the far left? Don't think I've ever seen those.

7. fanbase0000

I’m in Atlanta, GA. I got collection 2 and 4 a while ago from General Dollar/Walgreens. Those stores only have collection 2 and 4 and I probably visited 8 different Walgreens. I got 2 Dollar General and 3 Walgreens near my house. I found out that Family Dollar carries Kreo collection 1 and 3. I visited 4 Family Dollars and each one had a case of either collection 1 or collection 3.

The packs on far left are Thrilling 30 collectible figurines that comes with a base. There are 2 series and 30 different figures in all.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. fanbase0000

Does anyone have the robot mode instructions for the Kreo Transformers Predacon Attack/Ripclaw Strike set? My new box only came with instructions for dragon mode. I googled it and couldn’t find the robot mode instructions online. Thanks

9. CopperPuppet

CopperPuppet Probably a Robot

I'm curious as well. Was at some dollar store the other day with a sale, so I picked up some Kre-O stuff.
    Namely two blind bags that gave me Kreons of Longhaul and Nosecone. Battle Changers of Shockwave and Megatron, and two boxed sets. One had Ripclaw and the other had both Mirage and Optimus, but the boxes only had instructions for their alt modes. I looked it up online, and found instructions for the robot mode Optimus and Mirage, but cannot for the life of me find anything for Ripclaw.

10. Laserhead4

Laserhead4 Active Member

I could really use that instruction booklet...

11. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

I found some NuRiD Custom Kreons at Dollar General today for $5 each. Grimlock has 28 pieces, Sidesipw 26. I haven't opened them yet. They both have new shoulder armor and arm/leg extensions.

12. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    So, the newest 12 RID Kreo customs (four characters - three colors of each) have been out in America for almost a year now, but I'm only seeing certain figures showing up on places like ebay or in sightings photos.
    Has anyone here seen all 12 at a store, or have been looking for these and just can't find certain figures anywhere?
    I have acquired four so far, and have seen a couple others online... but I want to know if I'm wasting time looking for all of the rest of this series if they were never produced (like the two triple-changers and the two combiners).

Attached Files:

13. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does that Grimlock transform into? He has rotor blades on his back.

14. fanbase0000

My son and I collect Kreo. I’ve not seen any of the Night Strike characters in stores in GA yet. For me the Armor Up mode is the most common versions found in stores. I’ve seen/have the Armor Up and Blizzard Strike versions of the 4 characters, which I bought at retail.

15. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I know, the only ones released at US retail so far are:

Bumblebee (Armor Up)
    Bumblebee (Blizzard Strike)

Grimlock (Armor Up)

Optimus Prime (Blizzard Strike)

Sideswipe (Armor Up)
    Sideswipe (Night Strike)

@fanbase0000, at which store(s) did you find Armor Up Optimus Prime and Blizzard Strike Grimlock and Sideswipe? Those showing up would definitely be news.

MIKE
    engledogg

16. fanbase0000

I’m in GA. I live in the south side of Atlanta but regularly go to meetings on the north side of town too. I’ve hit over 30 different Dollar General/Family Dollar stores this year all over GA looking for Authentics and Kreo. It’s not common but I see RID customs here and there. I actually got some of the rarer RID customs from a Transformers trade from someone living in TN. I assumed he got them in US but I’m not sure. The guy had a large collection of Kreo and he was moving and wanted to get rid of his Kreo. I rechecked my collection and the 14 RID custom figures I bought this year from Dollar General are all the commonly available in US ones. I see Blizzard Strike Bumblebee And Armor Up Grimlock the most often in GA.

17. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotcha...so, the ones I mentioned (Armor Up Optimus Prime and Blizzard Strike Grimlock and Sideswipe) weren't actually seen in Dollar General/Family Dollar/Walgreens, etc.? I just want to make sure so people don't go running out to the stores if they don't need to. :) 

You mentioned looking for Authentics...have you found any? I've been checking forever and I have yet to spot any around here - just the old Legion wave of Starscream, Prime, and Bumblebee from 2017.

MIKE
    engledogg

18. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    These guys are just armor gimmick, no transformations. I'm sure someone could come up with an alt mode for him.

I posted a couple pages back with Night Strike Sideswipe. I used spare parts from my other Kreos to get a car mode for him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Ah... those were the only ones I was finding online, and it has almost been a year since they were released without any sign of the remaining six.
    I would have expected all 12 released at once, or the two waves within 4-6 months of each other.

20. tekering

tekering Missing a member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Mad Shrimp Jones.jpg

• Like Like x 2