Koyaanisqatsi

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
  2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Never saw it, but added to the Netflix queue after watching the vid above. There are two other films in the series as well. Naqoyqatsi and Powaqqatsi.

3. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've watched all three in the series. Excellent films to sit back and zone out to. There is another film similar to these called Baraka. Not quite as impressive, but still enjoyable.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Going back to the GTA4 trailer, after watching a bunch of the Koyaanisqatsi clips on youtube, you can see that somebody was a big enough fan of the original film to try and at least duplicate some of the feel of the film - the slow pans through a time-lapse day, the symmetrical pans in line with/past buildings, etc. Very, very cool.

YouTube - Grand Theft Auto 4 teaser

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Hate to dezombify a thread, but I finally had an opportunity to sit down and watch this all the way through.

It's jaw-dropping. A non-drug trip. The latter half of the film - with the VERY fast time-lapse scenes of mass industry, contrasted with VERY slow shots of individual people walking past - are incredibly captivating. You get sucked in to the movement of this film so quickly, regardless of the presence/absence of a message. Also, I dare you to try and maintain eye contact with the people that they slow pan in on - it's almost creepy and uncomfortable to try to do so.