KOtoys shut down as of TODAY

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sparkless, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkless

Sparkless Well-Known Member

Title says it all really. KO toys have announced that they will be finished as of tonight. Their website will be closing and only orders already taken will be fulfilled.

Shame really, this was a pretty good site

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Ding dong the witch is dead...!

.... No? Alright.

3. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, any reason given as to why?

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Wha? Why?

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My order just got delivered. Thanks for the great service kotoys!

6. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

damn these were one of the groups i was rooting for..they kinda in an infamous way keep scalpers and prices in check making the real deal more affordable..:rip 

7. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

That's what you get for stealing Hasbro and Takara's molds.

8. kaos

i think it had more then that to do with them folding in their cards..

9. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How? KOs don't affect how the price of the real deal goes for. Look at the SG Rodimus and Henkei Wildrider. They're still expensive....even when they did release the KOs of those.

Honestly, I don't understand how people think knock offs affect the cost of the actual toy. Its up to the sellers and buyers in how much a toy goes for. A seller asks for "x" amount. If buyer pays....then....it went for "that" much.

If anything "infamous", they had an "infamous" reputation.....which has been discussed to death.

10. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Knocking off Botcon Black Rodimus and Wildrider was the last straw.....

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    lol I don't know about that. But one thing I will thank KOToys for.....is my Sunstorm, Purple clone seekers, and the rainmakers with the v2 missile launchers. Those, I got directly from them.

12. kaos

agreed...and i was referring to the fact that there were other options then just paying out the ass....simple..if there is a product thats close to the real deal and enough of them are bought then the price of the official one drops..ive seen it numerous times before...true youre always going to get fans(like me) who will pay out the ass for an original...but im willing to bet for every real one that gets sold 3-4 PRICE friendly ones get bought if the quality is desent...and as i re-call h.wildrider price has dropped or is considerably lower then when i bought it last year..also..c.punch is or was lower once the ko ver was announce..as i bought that one for considerably more then its going for now..not thinking but seeing its lower..

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I did business with them once and have nothing but good things to say about the experience. That said, not a single item I purchased from them is a part of my collection today.

I do believe they played a good part in keeping prices controlled. Although it obviously didn't make a huge impact on SG Rodimus, The availability of their Commander Armors, Seekers and Prime molds probably kept those prices from getting worse. At the very least it was an alternative.

It also kept the prices for the KOs themselves in check. Though people always have and always will overcharge for KOs on ebay, the existence of a website that sold the same things at a relatively stable price really limited their selling power. Now that's less so.

It was also a reliable source of information simply to know what new KOs were going to be made available so that a buyer of the legitimate version could exercise caution.

Closing down KOToys will do nothing to stem the tide of KOs being made. It will, however, limit our access to them and information about them. Whatever else KOToys and their management was guilty of, that was useful and its passing bears notice.

14. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Kitbashing side of me: sad to see it go,mwanted a white Rodimus, damn it.

Designer side of me, and the remaining 98%: good to see it go, that's what you get for being thieves. Personally, Though, I'm more pissed off by the fact they still kept releasing new products up to a few days ago. Kind of misleading. I assume they'll fill those orders, but I doubt that due to their reputation.

Still, 99% of me says good riddance!

15. kaos

well said:thumbs2: 

16. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I didn't really see Wildrider's price drop too much. If it did at all.....but yeah, sometimes people get into this fear that their stuff won't sell because of the blatant shameless Ko companies making a KO that looks damned near JUST like the real deal......so they try to get rid of it to avoid the hassle of sitting around waiting for their item to sell. Honestly, I never had any problems with them until that "pin incident" (I'll elaborate if asked).....and the fact that dude just kept ignoring me in such a blatant fashion....giving me the dumbest bullshit excuses ever.

Well it looks like their forums are still up and running. Though I haven't even tried to look myself. And you're right, KOs will still be produced. I'm sure if Mike doesn't re-open under a different name....someone else will come along and replace them. Its just the nature of the beast.

17. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Lol, im just saying, thats what it looked like....

18. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So they were shutdown or did they decide to shutdown? Hope I got my question worded correctly.

19. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

They were forced to.
    Hasbro got a cease and decist claim on them.

20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Shit on them now because it's the cool thing to do, whine about them being gone later because we'll have an even more unfavorable supply?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.