KOTOYS concerns

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fatconvoy, May 8, 2011.

1. Fatconvoy

Fatconvoy lead farmer

sorry guys didn't know whether to put this in this forum or the toys one??

right, i'm not into slagging anyone off (AT ALL) but after reading some old threads i've become concerned with the future of my current order from KOTOYS. i've ordered from them once before,no problems, prompt notice of shipping and fast delivery. good toys. good experience.this time, i'm not so sure. it's been almost two weeks since payment and i've sent about five emails to the varying contact options.no response. then i did a little digging and found the threads! i'm aware of the whole paypal time frame regarding disputes. and again after reading old threads (sorry to keep bringing that up) i can see that no response from the seller can go on way past the paypal 45 days safety net.
    so,as time is of the essence, my question is, would it be worth hanging on any longer for a response that may or may not come, or do you think it's worth me trying to contact mike/kate through paypal now, to find out the real order of my status. i'm not a rich man and the money i've dropped is significant to me. i really don't want to upset or disrespect anyone, but i equally don't want to lose my money.please help. any advice is appreciated.

2. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

This is a tough one.....

I did business with them once. I got what I ordered, however one of the items was broken in the package. Initially they contacted me and said they would do something about it...then they didn't. I'd never do business with them again.

Dex

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You seem to imply that if you open a dispute and the seller doesn't reply, then you will lose out. This just isn't the case. If the seller doesn't respond, you win because they failed to prove that your items were delivered.

If it was me, I would wait one more week, then if still no joy open a Paypal dispute and then you will either get your TFs or your money back, one way or the other.

If you sit tight and do nothing there is at least some possibility you will end up empty handed.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    My advice is to not wait any longer, get your money back while you can and don't deal with them again.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Four out of four orders from them have been perfect. They do take time, but you'll get them. Order the items with their original box, not loose. I know loose items saves money, but you risk them getting broken.
    I won't hesitate to shop from them again, but I just gotta learn patients.

6. Fatconvoy

Fatconvoy lead farmer

ok cheers for the quick responses guys. i really didn't want to make a big deal out of this or bring anything majorly negative to the forum.just needed someone else's spin on the situation. i think i can make my decision from the advice you've given me.
    much appreciated. thanks. :) 

7. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll just say this,

I placed multiple orders with them. Had good experiences the first couple of times. However, with the last three orders, I have received less than stellar customer service. I had received a seeker with a missing pin that was supposed to allow the front landing gears on his chest to swing out. They kept sending me the wrong pin EVEN THOUGH, I sent them a picture that HIGHLIGHTED WHICH PIN I needed. Incompetent much? Not only that, the last order I had with them were three clear seekers. All of their wing joints were broken! It took over 2 weeks of me bugging them DAILY (at this point I was sick n tired of waiting 2 weeks to get a response each time I had an issue that needed to be worked out) through e-mails and even their live chat to even get ONE response. I sent one final one hinting at me taking action on my end (filing a dispute through paypal) for them to tell me my replacement parts and my missing pin (that was a part of an order...oooh....2 or 3 orders ago) was on its way via their version of snail mail.

I got the items in after waiting another two weeks. AGAIN...THE WRONG F**KING PIN!!!!!!! :banghead:  I mean come on!!!! I even sent them a FREAKING PICTURE OF IT!!! Not only that, some of the replacement wing joints HAD STRESS MARKS ON THEM :mad . So like I said in another thread. I now have 2 clear seekers that will NEVER transform again and one I'm keeping in the box that will, but I sure as hell am NOT taking a chance on it. In the interim of all this, I received a nasty e-mail about how people just b*tch b*tch b*tch and he's sick n tired of it. Well gee.....when ya display THIS MUCH incompetence/irresponsibility*.....are people just supposed to sit idly by and not say a word?

* - There have been times I've seen them online through their live chat, sent them a message......waited....and only to see them log off to clear out the conversation and then log back in to sit there to make it look like they're available to help you (and then give you an excuse as to why they ignored you). Then on their forums......the guy will selectively respond to threads.....but ignore the one where you say you had an issue and pretend he didn't see it. The mods on that forum however.....show better customer service than Mike or Kate have ever shown.

*ahem* sorry....KOToys is a sore spot for me.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    There have been many topics about KOTOYS and its practices. It pretty much comes down to this: half of the people never had any trouble with the man, half of the people have horror stories.

Guy is a loose cannon.

9. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Well, when talking about them, there's always a strong chance for negative feedback regardless. But I wish you the best of luck if you choose to deal with them. Hopefully they would have gotten better with their response time and how they handle issues........

All I know is....I've talked to at least one other board member here and have gotten in great detail, just how "superb" their customer service is.

/sarcasm.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I think you're taking a risk, but I wouldn't panic.

In general, KOTOYS has resolved issues either by sending replacements or issuing refunds. It seems like most people get their money back or something, though they may have to chase them for it, and the overall experience may not be satisfying.

I've just found that the personalities behind KOTOYS have become too volatile in recent years, and that would be enough to make me nervous about doing business with them.

zmog

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have had only 1 minor issue with KOToys in the time i have dealt with them.
    i ordered a KO of G1 Octane and the condition of the box (which i wanted for display purposes) was less than stellar.

but i knock on wood.
    these days, i only order if i must have something and can't find it elsewhere.

but it is wiser to hedge your bets by starting a claim.
    you get a toy, you get your money; in the end your problem gets resolved.

doing nothing only nets you a migraine and a bad taste in your mouth.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree what Digilaut had said. I've ordered a couple of times from Kotoys and did'nt have a problem. I guess luck was on my side.

But my second order was a G1 Devastator and the box had a minor damage to it, but I did'nt care as long the figures wasn't damage.

But it is hard for me to recommend Kotoys to anyone or not.

13. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did business with them three times. Two were good. One I received a broken item, and nothing was done about it. I just quit buying from them.

14. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

I ordered a mini Predaking from them for my sons b-day (he loves Predaking) back in Jan., but it was delivered to the wrong address (some 50 miles away). Not sure who was at fault, but i contacted Paypal and got a refund. I was going to re-order, but their shipping prices have gone up and I'm not paying almost $50 for a KO mini toy.

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I have to echo what Digilaut said. I have never done business with kotoys but when ever these threads come up it seems to be either great service or horrific service. Never really a middle ground. Based on the threads i have seen i think buying from kotoys is a crap shoot.
    I say open the dispute as others have said.

16. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Open a dispute before you aren't able to. Good buisness practice is to acknowledge e-mails.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well for what it's worth, the order I made a couple of weeks ago with them went down without an issue. I got a great deal on the stuff I bought, my package arrived in less than 2 weeks from the time it was shipped (lead time was estimated at 2-5 weeks), nothing was damaged or otherwise banged up/played with, and they even gave me an extra gun for the Dark Skyfire. The latter was probably a mistake or something to do with having extras, but it was still a really nice surprise.

However like a lot of people are saying in here, it was definitely a gamble, as they don't seem to be overly eager to respond to issues like the one described in the OP, especially when the conditions agreed on when using airmail have to do with not inquiring about your order until 30 days has passed. Even with that being said though, I find it really hard to believe that it's in the best interest of the business to flat out keep ignoring you, especially with the intent of actually screwing you over. If that was the case, then they likely wouldn't be in business anymore, let alone an expanding one that's got a public forum with several stickied & visible threads regarding past issues & how to deal with them.

Taking that into account, I'd try the messenger thing, since that's apparently how they want customers to go about it. Then it that fails (such if there's nobody there for a couple of days or if they choose to ignore you like somebody in this thread suggested), then I'd definitely try & settle it with Paypal. If anyone gets offended because you did this, then it's their problem because this many issues shouldn't be happening at all, let alone with less than addiquet repairs being made.