Kotaku claims the cast is now complete

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by King Henrik, May 14, 2010.

1. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker are the last characters to be announced. I sincerely hope that is not true. Hoping the other characters we've seen aren't just on disc dlc.

War for Cybertron Cast is Now Complete

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I hope not as well, but I am also willing to go out on a limb and say that there will certainly be at least a couple of downloadable content packs that will include more characters and more environments.

3. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info, hopefully there's more but even if what we have is all we have, i'm happy with the cast so far. Definitely need some character packs though if what we have is all we get ..... Sideswipe without his bro at his side!? Preposterous!! lol :thumb 
    Only a few of each of the combiners doesn't make a lot of sense either, even if they don't combine. just my :2c: 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's bound to be other actual characters within the story, but I think this is the playable cast.

Pretty large playable cast, once you think about it.

5. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    These might be the only playable characters in the campaign, but not in multi-player that's for sure. And I'm not totally sure that these are the only characters we get to play with in the campaign. Let's not forget we've still yet to see the reveals for Arcee, Slipstream, and an as of yet unnamed Autobot.
    So I'm not going to cry foul but at the same time I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions either. We'll know for sure just how many bots and cons will be in the game in the coming weeks.

6. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Yup, for sure, there's more than enough to keep us going (For a while at least) The thing with adding new characters through DLC though is will they be playable through the story mode? I don't think Shockwave and Demolishor are playable through the Decepticon campaign so does that mean that Jazz is also just stuck in multiplayer and this Escalation mode or whatever it's called? (Obviously if the Cons dlc characters are, the Bots will be as well but hopefully you'll see the point to my question for future dlc characters)

7. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    True, roll on June! :thumb 

8. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    DLC

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I really hope that isn't true, or at least that there will be DLC characters. I will rage if the fembots are unplayable.

10. King Henrik

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    it seems like they were announcing characters every wednesday, so if no one gets announced next week we'll have to assume the rest we've seen will be dlc.

11. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Ive really gotta say i dont beleive this as well!

I stll have a feelings theres a couple more sleeper decepticons to be announced!
    autobots outnumber the decepticons and its usually just not like that....

12. King Henrik

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I never thought much about it, but I think we have to take into consideration that there are only 5 levels in each campaign. at 9 bots and 8 cons, that doesn't add up to much time to play as each character, unless the levels are huge and split up into different areas. I mean gears of war only had 7 or 8 squad-mates (only 2 playable!) and they had 4 characters on screen at a time. Other than Marcus and Dom, those other characters didn't get much screentime or development.

and you have to figure most of the time prime and megatron will be focal points. So maybe anymore playable characters would be stretching it too thin? I assume the other designs we've seen will factor into the story, and will be usable as chasis for multilayer.

13. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    The levels are so supposed to be huge and very lengthy, so I think we're going to have plenty of opportunity to try out every character at length. Plus, there's some Bots and Cons I'm not really even interested in playing as, so you have to factor the player's interest in certain characters over others as well.
    And even if this is the final lineup of campaign playable characters I'm still pissed the Cons are a man short. High Moons couldn't put one more Decepticon in to level the two factions?
    This is why I'm not sold on the idea that this is the final campaign lineup. For all we know whoever is managing the official WFC website screwed up this week and put up one more Autobot profile then they should have.

14. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I'm... kinda skeptical that this is all of them.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We still haven't seen the bios for Arcee and Slipstream who were shown in game trailers, and they looked very playable.

And what about High Moon Studios stayment about picking Warpath to balance out the tank class for the Autobots? How does one Autobot balance that class? The Decepticons have two tanks: Megatron and Brawl.

Even though they're most likely not playable, I think we'll see bios for Omega Supreme and Trypticon and a bunch of other characters too.

If this IS it, however, I wouldn't be too upset. I would be quite surprised though.

16. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

well the autobots have three trucks and the decepticons just one.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well at least I'll get Grimlock on the DS version.

18. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Crap. I was hoping Smokescreen would be included. Oh, well. :( 

19. Aquarius_D

Aquarius_D Member

I really hope that this isn't the final cast. Anyways hope that Jazz, Shockwave, demolisher appear in the single player mode as story characters.

As for Arcee and Slipstream, I don't suppose they could be unlockable type characters ;) 

20. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Last of the reveals.

Does that mean last of the unlockables?
    Last of who we'll see in campaigns?
    Last of who we'll be able to play as?

I bet DLC is still coming for it too. So I wouldn't be surprised if more will be coming later too. Cause we know there are more chasis then what have been revealed.

Then again, this could be in reference to everyone that's been seen already too.
    Leaving any more chasis like Brawn, trailbreaker, hound, cliffjumper, or even prowl or kup to DLC. (Not to mention their repaints! Maximum model efficiency this way too!)
    Most of the seekers are the same plane anyway as well, so that wouldn't be hard, just need to buff out some of the artillery bots on the decepticon side, as well as some scouts.

So yeah, I'm leaning on this is just the last of the public reveals till the game, as anticipation is already at maddening levels. It's not like these bots were the only ones to leave for earth...