KOSG Rodimus and Wildrider

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by starscream-99, Jun 22, 2011.

1. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yessssss!!! finally I can have a wildrider without paying an arm & leg. I just hope the qc is good or at least better than BIS hot rod.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    >.> my BiS hot rod is perfectly fine. But yes, I will be in for a wildrider!

4. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Can anyone tell me if Wildrider has a different head sculpt, please?

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    How long before we see the shadow scythe KO set? Bet it will be pretty damn soon.

6. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The shoulder joint on mine is extremly loose, to the point I cant even move the arm without it popping off :( 

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really a shame. I am all for repro parts for older toys as long as the creator does something to distinguish them from the originals, but full on reproduction of full figures is just disgusting in my opinion, especially toys that have only been around for a couple of years.

The entitlement some people feel like they have because they missed out on something or can't afford it is complete utter crap. Grow up and stop paying people to steal for you.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

KO vs. Official/Haves vs. Have-Nots long-winded debate in 3...2...1...

9. starscream-99

News Credits:
    Doesn't look like it to me.

10. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :deadhorse: :horse: :duel :popcorn 

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    ROFL

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever guys, I know anything I say is going to have zero impact on what you are going to do, and I probably shouldn't have bothered commenting in the first place. It just really sucks that somewhere at some point some poor sap is going to drop a few hundred bucks on something that is a copy (and probably a poor one) of what they wanted. I just hate seeing people get ripped off.

Anyways, I will stay out of your thread now.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I will take ONE Wildrider please!

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    They're tempting, but considering how much the official mold has already degraded, I'd be real leery about buying these before reviews are out

15. starscream-99

News Credits:
    True, but if you know about SG Rodimus and Henkei Wildrider you probably go to collector sites where they are threads that'll warn you about stuff like this. Also if its like the seekers it should have CHMS up.on the right hand corne instead of TOMY.

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I don't like seeing people get ripped off either, but the hobby is evolving. It's becoming easier and easier for unofficial replicas to be produced as well as small companies engineering toys based heavily off of Hasbro/Takara IP.

I personally don't have a problem with it and I don't really collect KO's (save for 1 or 2). If someone wants an affordable replica of something, they have every right to purchase that replica. There's a demand for this sort of thing. Not every collector out there has deep pockets. Not all collector budgets and access to these collectibles are the same.

The hobby has become trickier with knock-offs, especially the higher quality G1 replicas, but the hobby has never been totally easy. It's expensive, time-consuming, stressful, and it requires a lot of diligence and knowledge. Collectors are just going to have to step up their game even further, do more research, and tread the market carefully so that they don't get swindled by someone passing off a KO as an original.

17. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Thank you. Not what I was hoping to hear, but that Warcry head may come in handy...

18. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought! at least 2 of each!

19. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:

Lawls the entitlement some people feel because they have lots of money and time to devote to pieces of plastic is complete and utter crap. Grow up and stop bashing your fellow fans for wanting the same things you do.

20. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Part of collecting is having the ability to tell between a knock off and an original. TF collecting has been spared this on a large scale.
    Most other hobbies have been dealing with knock offs for much longer than we have.
    The KO SG Prime had different paint apps to distinguish it from the original. I'm sure these will as well.
    Calm down, step off the high horse, and be glad that your fellow collectors can buy something that they thought was out of thier range.

The entitlement some people feel that they didn't miss out on something and feel that thier precious little piece of plastic should not be available to those around them is complete and utter crap.
    Grow up and let other people collect how they want. If they are ok with KOs in thier collection, what business is it of yours? Are you planning to buy thier collection? Are you thier financial advisor, thier parent? thier friend even? No.
    You worry about you, and let others worry about themselves.
    Because some sap MIGHT get scammed is not a reason to not produce something.
    It is a reason to be better informed about the hobby you are involved in.