KOs OK to sell (for customizing?)

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by frenzyrumble, Oct 8, 2010.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
  2. HOCBethel

HOCBethel Well-Known Member

i don't mean to shoot him but i shot him, lol

3. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    I see quite a bit of Knock off TFs on Ebay, I guess it depends on who is monitoring the auctions and how the listing is worded wether they close it down. Usually sellers state "KO" or Chinese knock off to let people know what they are buying. I've never sold KO myself. It doesn't make sence to me why you couldnt sell a clearly described KO.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    unsure; do you mean you did, or I did?

Like I said, I don't want to attract attention which might get him in any trouble, heck - I'd love a domestic source for KOs.

Just gray on the ruleset ebay has towards KOs; can "transformable robots" (like the ones in RiteAid) be sold on ebay? Or is there a firm line where replica KOs can't be sold?

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A domestic source for KOs would be great. Only problem is the sellers who try to pass stuff off for legit.

I have never researched it in depth... i just assumed that no ko can be listed.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If dude gets in trouble for having KOs on eBay, let that be on him. No reason to go mucking around in his affairs for something as trivial as knockoff toys on eBay.

A quick search on eBay for "transformers KO" gives me at least 2 pages of items. If it's some major-name issue, it sure seems like plenty of folks are getting away with it without problem. I only opened a few links, but it looks like most of the dudes listing those KOs are established sellers, not FBN folks.

Long story short - it looks like it ain't no thing, as long as you don't go around flaunting it.

7. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If its copyright or trademark infringement, such as: "Transformers G1 Superion KO Knockoff", then eBay will pull it down, because you're using another company's protected names in the auction.

If you call it something else like "SuperChange Aerial Team Transforming Jet robots" (thereby eliminating your search possibilities) you can get away with it.

Fucking pain in the ass, I had to swallow a listing violation that's stuck on my record for a year on eBay because of a clearly stated KO listing. But because I used Hasbro trademarks on something that isn't, even though I clearly described it as a knockoff fake etc, I got stung.

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm just clearing some confusion for myself. I am (still) unaware where ebay pulls the plug on an auction. According to this guy's feedback, he's been successfully selling these for a while now, all sorta too.

I don't see anything wrong with what he's selling.
    I am just unsure if "no KOs on ebay" means random chinese robots or those who "pass KOs off as the real thing" or problems stepping in IP.

9. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think eBay's KO Police specifically go after things with the word KNOCKOFF in the listing title. It probably sets off an automated review system where the listing gets flagged. Avoid that or any phrase like "Fake", "Knock-off", "NOT Hasbro", etc.

Anything that is a potential trademark or copyright violation (i.e. ANY KO) can be flagged and subsequently removed. Just gotta be creative with the listing title and phrasing.