KO's in China and other things

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chiben, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Chiben

Chiben Never Gonna Run Around...

Hey guys, a family member of mine is going on a trip to China and asked me if I wanted anything. Transformers came to mind, any advice on what I should ask her to look for or what places she could find them? Thanks for your help!

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    if you don't know where to look, randomly finding a store will be difficult. Even if you do find a toyshop, it'll be filled with Gundams. TF's aren't big sellers over there.

Your best shot is to have the family member head to a franchise spot like TRU. They'll have exactly what we have ... and way back.

Cybertron Scourge, Wingsaber, Galvatron, etc should be readily available.

I was in Taiwan in late May and found their shelves to look like this:
    [​IMG]
    (a franchise called "Toy World" ... think KB type markups when it comes to pricing)

[​IMG]

onto TRU ... nothing special here:
    [​IMG]

I turn the corner to see toys that fetch $80+ on eBay in the states for $15 USD.
    [​IMG]

If you're looking for KO's, someone suggested to me ... find an eBay seller from China and ask about their store fronts. They might have one.

Also, if there's any type of outdoor market ... you'll find just about anything you can imagine.

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    e3nine is that a Energon Downshift in Cybertron packaging?

Look for those Binal Tech KO's they are called Metals Transform. Great for kit bashing.

4. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Downshift was a TFU KB exclusive repaint. If you'll notice classics Devestator, black Snow Cat, and Alt Rumble. Apparently over there exclusives can be sold anywhere.

5. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Yeap, just as Octane said. Energon Downshift and Snowcat were repainted as a part of the "Universe" line for KB Toys. These were released sometime during the Cybertron mainline, so the Hasbro marketing group decided to make it look like the others. (that's the reason why Alternator packaging changes so much too)

"Exclusives" only hold water in the US. There's not many toy outlets that stock TF's, so whoever will take em, gets them.

6. Chiben

Chiben Never Gonna Run Around...

Alright guys thanks for your input, your help is always greatly appreciated!