KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there any other good options besides the Yes Model Coneheads? Are the ToyWorld versions too big? Been thinking about them as an option. Or should I wait and see what MakeToys does with their Meteor modification to make their own boneheads?

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toyworld versions stand taller than the yes model or mp11 mold in general.

3. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

The Toyworld molds are better than the Hasbro seeker molds without that sliding rail. I don’t find the size an issue so I prefer them. It’s just personal preference.

4. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I was thinking of going with TW because of their superior design over Takara's MP-11. My personal justification for the robot height is that they are boneheads, and bigger brutes compared to the F-15 Seekers. They're pretty close in size in jet modes, and that's kind of interesting.

MakeToys also teased us with a picture or two of their Coneheads based on Meteor. But I don't think they've shown anything new since.

5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Open to anyone who has the originals and the KO's to reply but @ChromeMagnus.

Is Yes Model or BB7 better on Starscream factoring in joints and paint apps? I'm looking to have this as a stand in for jet mode and other times with the Coronation set on.

Having the original, 4 times (first mold twice, remold twice later), I found it to suck on joints or I would go official again and I remember watching reviews that didn't really confirm for sure those two KO's were necessary better, just trading one evil for another but price being a factor, as well as paint apps and now with another 15% coupon upon us, might as well go for it.

Thanks in advance for any info to guide me here!

6. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    I think I found my answer, sort a any way. I like the BB7, as it is a solid gray, where the YM has silver nose cone and thrusters, which looks terrible IMO. I just notice YM is doing a cell colored one but I didn't see any pics on how they painted the coronation set, which I'm betting is still the original colors.

Sooooo, unless someone advises the BB7 is terrible, off to buy one in a few hours.

7. ProwlSpringer2020

ProwlSpringer2020 Cybertronian Knight

BB7 and Yes Model are the same. And they are the more recommended version. KBB is the other option. I have yes model TC and SW. I have Hasbro Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    I had one of those janky TT Thrusts, and that is what I did. Unfortunately he never made it to his new owner :mad Either he got "lost" or someone stole him. $180 down the crapper, I will never use MyHermes again.

9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    MyHermes as in the messenger or the luxury brand?

10. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    They're a mail delivery service.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Ah so, yes Hermes, messenger of the gods. Obviously he's not doing a very good job these days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Badum-tiss*

13. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    You are correct on them being tied to YM. I did forget about that. I ended up going with KBB though. Seems BB7 kept the silver nose cone, which makes no sense but still didn't like it. KBB comes with more accessories but no decals. Hopefully the quality is there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I have the BB7/Yes Model Skywarp and Thundercracker. Both are excellent and made better than the official. Although my TC arrived with a broken nose cone tip. The hinged part was broken in the package. The eBay seller sent me a replacement nose cone and hinge assembly, but I could not figure out how to remove the screw plugs to replace it without damaging the figure any further. I tried various spudgers with no luck. If anyone has any clever ideas, I'm open to try them. Otherwise, I'll just glue the cone shut to nose, forever sealing that useless radar dish inside.

15. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    I watched a lot of reviews and went through a lot of pictures before I made my purchase. One picture I saw, which was more for pointing out the differences between V2 first release and the Asia reissue on the official, look like you could carefully tap it out. The later release, which I know the KO should've did too, is use a screw.

Outside of heating the area with a heat gun or in boiling water to loosen the plastic up and again, carefully taping it out, is all I can think of, assuming you can't do it without heat involved. I guess the worse case if the above doesn't work is you do like you said, glue it shut.

16. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

Got Sunstorm this week and he looks awesome. Unfortunately the package got the China Post stamp (somebody stepped on it) and broke one of the accessories........the Megatron gun.........I'll have to check and see if I got a spare:D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

Ebay:
    I have all seekers in KBB. Regarded slightly inferior to YM but with general handling mine are pretty good. I have no experience with YM but my KBBs are better than Takara

• Like Like x 1
  18. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Any idea if the reissue YM-03 panel lined grey Starscream will have any differences from the first run?

20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Props to @LarELar