KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

By the way, I prefer the silver lined dry rub decals so IF anyone wants to trade for the ones that came with my YM-03 Starscream, let me know.

2. USSCrazybat

USSCrazybat I beg, just a crumb of Sunstorm

I wasn't aware there were two different runs of the decals in circulation. Also, all of you people getting stuff from Bababobo like ten days afterward boggle me - it took a month and a half for my matte MPP10B to reach me. Maybe it's because I was ordering from his UK account instead?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Wasn't aware Baba had a UK account?

4. USSCrazybat

Bobolong4U, as far as I know.

5. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    It's still not a 'UK' account - its just a second account for baba. I've ordered from both and the items have got to me in 10 days or less. I imagine if you have a delay it's in a shipping container that's been missed or customs at Heathrow are having a look. Have you checked the tracking?

6. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I finally had a chance to crack open some KO seeker goodness the other night and had a great time re-doing my Decepticon display. I added the YM Clear Purple Seeker, Green Starscream, and Sunstorm to my display and they look AWESOME. Not sure how you guys display yours - but I find that having 2 on flight stands with one on an additional riser plus a 3rd seeker not on a stand in front gives a really nice triangle of evil seeker goodness!

I'm surprised how much care YM has really shown into developing each of the different seekers. The different paint apps for each different colored seeker is really cool. Although I expected to not really dig the YM Sunstorm, I've found that I really like the YM deco quite a bit. He is very different from my Hasbro Sunstorm - so much so that I don't think I'm going to be able to part with my Hasbro version like I intended. SO MANY SEEKERS! CAN'T STOP!

Sucks man. Yea - I'm not sure if it's because of the coronation kit or the boxes just getting squished and the placement of the tips + they are a bit fragile. I had the same thing happen on a seeker or two of mine. I don't think it's really seller specific - it's more an issue of how YM designed their packaging.

I got mine thru my rub deals supplier and they got me replacements no problem.

I've got spare silver dry rub decals available - they are direct from Yes Model and are the same ones that come packaged with the KO seekers. PM me if you'd like a set or 3!

7. USSCrazybat

I don't think I can get at the tracking info now since the item's long since arrived - and been sold on. Maybe it was just a fluke.

8. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I got my KO greenscream in, haven't opened it yet because it's a bit busy at work. But I had a chuckle at the box:

[​IMG]

*edit*

So I opened it up just to look at it and found only one minor issue:

[​IMG]

It's not bad. The stress marks seem to appear on the top of the antennas. I think it might be fixable with the application of a heat gun...from a distance. But I don't want to end up making things worse. They don't seem loose or fragile. But it just seemed stressed by something or from something, so it caused those marks. I'll have to transform it to see if there are any issues later.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  9. valkfan

Yeah, that's basically what I said.

The jets sit too high which means that those RWR Antenna tips are too close to the outer box. If anyone sqeezes the box or stacks other boxes on top of it, it's very easy to break these parts. If the sellers would add a styrofoam block like I have shown, this would not be happening.

I think after you use some heat on those antenna, you should be good.

10. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I don't know if the seller would be doing that to each and every one they get. Maybe the manufacturer would be in a better position to do so? Since they're the ones packaging the toys anyway, I figure in that process they could just add the styrofoam block like you said. Otherwise, I think the sellers would have to open up each one they get and put the styrofoam in, and I don't know if they'd all want to do that. As far as those antenna goes on mine...yeah good thing I have a heat gun. I'll give it a whirl this weekend. I did open it up and nothing wrong with it otherwise :D  This is a gorgeous figure. Joints nice and tight/stiff. Loving it! And I think I'll keep the stripes on there.

11. valkfan

Yeah, the overall quality of the BB7 YM seekers is superior. I do wish that they'd drop the Megatron gun and add an additional head with the Starscream smirk.

12. valkfan

Both the YM Starscream and Sunstorm have the Decepticon symbols WITHOUT the silver lining around them, which I'm guessing is to be more like the Taraka versions. It surprised me since they included the silver lined symbols for their Skywarp.

13. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah the decals are a nice touch :D  And I agree about the quality. Way better. Except for how they package the things and how the stupid antennas potentially getting broken. It's like a trade off I have. Officials: Can be floppy and loose, but no broken parts. KOs: Way better quality, but can arrive damaged. This is perhaps the sole reason why I haven't gone out of my way to replace any of my official seekers with the KOs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've enjoyed picking up each and every one of my YM seekers including the coneheads. Given their higher quality, loads of accessories, and much cheaper price point than their official Takara counterparts I had no buyers remorse whatsoever. Nor did I feel buying them was such an expensive chore and say "ugghh, I'm glad I finally completed my set because I'm so done with this mold"....sentiments that I've observed in the official Takara seeker threads especially their coneheads.

As much as I think the additional facial expression would be a nice touch I still wouldn't want to give up the Megatron gun accessory.

• Like Like x 1
  15. valkfan

Well, one of the antenna broke on my friends original MP03, so the officials are just as fragile in that particular area so I don't see it as a trade-off. That being said, I do think it's fair to say that the box is trade-off though. The Takara box is too large but at least it protects the figure better during transportation.

My first BB7 Yes Model figure was Skywarp and I already owned the Asia Exclusive Skywarp when I ordered it. After taking the BB7 Skywarp out of the package and transforming it, I immediately listed an auction for the overpriced and subpar (in comparison) TT Skywarp. It sold high enough to allow me to use the then buy the BB7 Thundercracker and still have around $100 to spend on KFC hands for all of my MP Seekers.

I should be receiving my Coneheads tomorrow and they were $85 each, so I couldn't beat the price anywhere else. I'm really looking forward to having the S2 Seekers.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I hear ya. But for me it was a trade off. Luckily I haven't had any problems with my official seekers coming in damaged. Dirge would be my last official one (assuming Premium Collectables gets them in and ships my order out). I too got the BB7 Skywarp, but only to use that for a custom. I had painted a MP-11SW a year before the official one released, so that's going to get repurposed into another custom when I can get my procrastinating ass to it :lol 

Though I have to say, other than the stress marks I did find an issue transforming the YM-08. His right leg was stuck. I really had to pull on it harder than normal to get it to transform. Otherwise, the figure itself is gorgeous. I kinda wished Takara had went with the MP-11 mode to begin with. But oh well. Being the seeker whore that I am, I couldn't not buy even the MP-03 molds when they first came out :D  Now if only YM would release Hot link, Bit storm, Nacelle, and Ghost Starscream :D  Oh....and a purple clone seeker :D 

17. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Late to the party, anyone know of a place that still has Yes Model Skywarp and Thundercracker for sale? P&TY.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $85 with good quality and lots of accessories sure beats $180 with subpar quality.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    That and it's easier to get replacement parts/exchanges for defective product through the KO seller than it is with an e-tailer who has to contact their Takara supplier or whoever.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Contacting takara is nonexistent. They don't give one crap about you if you don't live in Japan.

• Like Like x 1