KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rubadubspawn has the dry rub decals available. That's what I did. What was wrong with YM Starscream?

2. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Starscream has trouble tabbing in at the waist. He has a lot more sprue marks and the plastic especially the red seems lower grade.

3. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Contacted Ben at Toybento he said he's going to send me a decal sheet.

4. DrunkSkunk

DrunkSkunk Well-Known Member

Lucky you, I'm still waiting for mine. :( 

5. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Did you email them. Be the squeeky wheel. I had to a few times.

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Like WyldeBill said you have to stay on them constantly. The guy at ToyBento has made a couple Facebook post recently saying that he got a new job and is slow to respond to customers. Therefore you have to keep reaching out to him.

7. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Ben was quick to respond. It's just that I had to contact him more than once. And wait. A lot.

8. Ash321

Ash321 Active Member

Got the clear purple guy from YM through rub on this forum.
    The figure is gorgeous. The only problem is he stand out like a sore thumb in my seeker display lol. I guess will sell him away or make him a stand in for ghost skywarp.

P/s: also the knee ratchet is not as tight as I thought it would be (don't have any other seeker from YM to compare to)
    Edit : how do you guys apply sticker on this guy ? Or do you guy even put sticker on them ?

9. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have a video on my youtube channel demonstrating how to apply the decals. Im not at my PC atm so can't link you.
    Most i've seen have a very slight amount of give in the knee's. I believe the screws aren't drilled in as tight, possibly to avoid cracking the plastic.

10. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I gave it my best shot. No, I gave it several of my best shots, but it refuses to budge. I ended up getting the return slip from BBTS and I shipped it back to them early Friday afternoon during my lunch break. I pushed so hard that I was afraid it was going to break but it did not. Other than this issue I had with it, everything else was good. Nothing flopping around or shakes to pieces. I was really upset to see this problem even existing for a mold that's been around for YEARS! Not to mention 3P/KO companies who have improved the design and made their superior to the official. Tamara has lost some respect from me because of this. Not like they care or anything. But if things like this continue, they will get less and less of my money. I know, not like they care.

The Dark Seeker: Thank you very much as well for your detailed advice. This board is blessed to have you as a member. You're extremely helpful and generous. Again, thank you.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    @Sportimus i have had that problem with the original seekers more than once not pushing all the way down and the easy fix was to loosen the screws on the sliders slightly as those being too tight caused the problem which was probably why yours wouldn't push down

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Can happen if the slider screws were screwed in crooked as well.They act like a scoop on the diecast when pushing down.

13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    which is just a case of unscrewing and putting in the right way... few seconds job , saying that none of mine have been crooked because its not plastic they are screwed into

in either case it could of been sorted easily without sending back

• Like Like x 1
  14. DrunkSkunk

DrunkSkunk Well-Known Member

Sorry, to be clear on the waiting, they have shipped but it is a long trek from Singapore to Canada via the free (slow boat) shipping.

15. Sportimus

News Credits:
    +

+

Thanks! I will definitely try this if the replacement does the same thing (I hope not). It's already on its way back to BBTS The

Had I just gone for the YM MP Starscream I probably would have saved myself a lot of trouble. :lol 

16. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    put some nail polish oon the slider in mp-11 and it stays but only for posing. as soon as i sjake it comes undone. itll work fine enough. need to get one of those $50 ones for the coronation gear

17. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Yeah sorry that didn't work for you. Maybe the next one will be better but like you said, Takara doesn't care. Keep sending it back till you get a good one. I think the tracks just aren't deep enough for it to slide down right.

I just saw some of the other posts and maybe it's those screws as they said. Let me know if you get another and it turns out to be the screws on that one. I get some time I'm going to look at mine but right now I'm between display set ups so it's more of a "when I can get to it thing"

18. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Quote from Bob Contagion who bought the official SS reissue, guess you guys are not the only ones:

My TC is pretty much OK and tight everywhere, SW just slightly worse, but SS's torso doesn't really tab together, hipjoints are a bit floppy and when you lift he's arms upwards by ratchet, the tit-panel's lifting up. Dunno if the later issue went through some sort of improvement or not.

19. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Oh boy, now I'm a bit worried that this might be more common than I thought, and BBTS wasn't trying to BS me. My copy's hip joints were pretty good. Not great, but I could easily live with they way they were. Not floppy at all at least. However, it looks like he and I both have the same issue with the torso not tabbing together and the turbine breast panels also lifted up when turning SS's shoulder ratchets all too easily. The turbine panels lifting up didn't bother me nearly as much as the torso not tabbing in.

20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    We really need YM to do a MP11 Takara SS deco version asap.
    I don't know what the deal is with Takara's current reissue's having problems? Folks are even reporting that the newest MP13 reissue that just dropped has some problems unlike it's previous runs.