KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

You need to push the front piece of the cockpit back.

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too am waiting for mine to hit the US :D 

3. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

I got mine from BBTS and just opened it today. Same issue as yours but I was able to fix it. You just really have to push down on his torso to make those air intakes lock in flush on his shoulders.

What I did was, on the bottom of his red crotch plate it's flat. From the front: Put your thumb there underneath on the flat part and two fingers into his air intakes (on his shoulders) on top of him. With your other hand, put your thumb on the back of the same crotch plate flat part from the other side and two fingers on top of the gray panels on his back that slide up and down on the track - Basically you have a hand in front of him and one in back with two fingers on top at points with both thumbs on that crotch plate underside.

Squeeze up with your thumbs and down with your fingers. It took some serious pressure but mine made this little "Click" and it went down and made the shoulder air intakes sit almost perfect flush.

It's a bit of a trick because you're also trying to keep that cockpit piece straight so you can get the tab to go in at the same time but once you get it, it locks in place tightly and looks fine. It's a pain so I'm not sure if they're all like this or just ours. I saw someone else post up in official they had the same issue. Maybe the track needs to be deepened with a dremell or something but I don't transform mine a ton so as long as I can get him to look good and know it'll work, I'll keep it.

4. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    I feel in in the minority but got the three seekers from KBB the other day from Toy Bento. Very happy. Don't know if I'll ever get more molds and try a Yes Model, so many other figures to collect. I'm happy experiencing YM vicariously off you lot for a while

5. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

I too am waiting for a KBB Skywarp, had the combiner wars leader for too long

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for posting this. I've tried most of yesterday and as soon as I get off work, I will try your described technique and see if it works on mine.

7. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

Yeah hopefully it helps you as well. I think the tracks are just not deep enough really. When you push down from the top, it seems to be best to push down mostly from the top of the gray panels on his back and a little less on the air intakes (they're on hinges so you don't wanna snap them off).

I had to push HARD but it did go so yours is probably the same.

8. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Finally got my YM Skywarp from Toybento today. Unfortunately it is the BB7 version and does not include the Decepticon dry rubs. Bummer. He came in good condition but has some floppieness in one of the wings. They also don't seem to tab in tightly. Still he seems more premium than the YM Starscream.

9. tyuan

tyuan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, it doesn't work. There is an issue on the metal parts.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rubadubspawn has the dry rub decals available. That's what I did. What was wrong with YM Starscream?

11. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Starscream has trouble tabbing in at the waist. He has a lot more sprue marks and the plastic especially the red seems lower grade.

12. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Contacted Ben at Toybento he said he's going to send me a decal sheet.

13. DrunkSkunk

DrunkSkunk Well-Known Member

Lucky you, I'm still waiting for mine. :( 

14. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Did you email them. Be the squeeky wheel. I had to a few times.

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like WyldeBill said you have to stay on them constantly. The guy at ToyBento has made a couple Facebook post recently saying that he got a new job and is slow to respond to customers. Therefore you have to keep reaching out to him.

16. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Ben was quick to respond. It's just that I had to contact him more than once. And wait. A lot.

17. Ash321

Ash321 Active Member

Got the clear purple guy from YM through rub on this forum.
    The figure is gorgeous. The only problem is he stand out like a sore thumb in my seeker display lol. I guess will sell him away or make him a stand in for ghost skywarp.

P/s: also the knee ratchet is not as tight as I thought it would be (don't have any other seeker from YM to compare to)
    Edit : how do you guys apply sticker on this guy ? Or do you guy even put sticker on them ?

18. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a video on my youtube channel demonstrating how to apply the decals. Im not at my PC atm so can't link you.
    Most i've seen have a very slight amount of give in the knee's. I believe the screws aren't drilled in as tight, possibly to avoid cracking the plastic.

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I gave it my best shot. No, I gave it several of my best shots, but it refuses to budge. I ended up getting the return slip from BBTS and I shipped it back to them early Friday afternoon during my lunch break. I pushed so hard that I was afraid it was going to break but it did not. Other than this issue I had with it, everything else was good. Nothing flopping around or shakes to pieces. I was really upset to see this problem even existing for a mold that's been around for YEARS! Not to mention 3P/KO companies who have improved the design and made their superior to the official. Tamara has lost some respect from me because of this. Not like they care or anything. But if things like this continue, they will get less and less of my money. I know, not like they care.

The Dark Seeker: Thank you very much as well for your detailed advice. This board is blessed to have you as a member. You're extremely helpful and generous. Again, thank you.

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    @Sportimus i have had that problem with the original seekers more than once not pushing all the way down and the easy fix was to loosen the screws on the sliders slightly as those being too tight caused the problem which was probably why yours wouldn't push down

Last edited: May 20, 2017