KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Poor Starscream. That would have looked a lot better with a gray pen.

2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Well-Known Member

Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Got my Dirge 20 minutes ago! Looks pretty sweet and now to transform him! :) 

3. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Sorry, someone ahead of you already claimed them. If it doesn't work out, I'll let you know.

And you'll be third!

4. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Lol, one day :) 

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice.

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Well-Known Member

Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Pardon the ignorance. But does this include the cone heads?

7. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Yes, all KO, Yes Model, KBB, official, etc......just my way of doing it and it works for me. You are welcome to try it.

8. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Funny you should post that, I got an official Starscream the other day and was struggling to remember how to get the thing to de-gapify like my KO Skywarp :p 

I'll have to give that a shot when I get home.

9. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sure did try. I applied so much force I was afraid I was going to crack the windshield. The tab is just too tight for the slot. It won't budge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scotbot

Scotbot Member

I think some are just busted. I've got a skywarp that goes in too easily and thundercracker that won't. I'm swapping these out for the OS seekers, that mold looks better from the reviews I've seen. Better tabs. These feel like they are going to blow apart with one touch.

11. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

I got my Starscream last week but only got around to opening the box this weekend. I haven't yet got around to applying the Decepticon symbols on the wings.

Nice to have him in my collection.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    If any of you has a KBB Thundercracker you don't want, I got a Hasbro Sunstorm with your name on it.

14. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Those shoulder pieces look painted. I really like the them. I really don't understand having the coronation set with any character other than Starscream but I'd be lying if I said it didn't look good with this figure.

15. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Hmmmm so I think I'll compare all the KBB seekers and decide which one has the look I prefer for the coronation gear and just buy that one. Sure I'll find a buyer for the seeker and all other accessories :) 

16. crasher

crasher Well-Known Member

Anyone got the purple translucent seeker yet ? Tfdirect have them in stock. Its very tempting.

17. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I got the straight KO Takara Thundercracker today, from this ebay link (gone up by £2 now though)

New ~Transformers TAKARA MP11T MP-11T Thundercrackerin stock | eBay

It pretty much looks as you would expect. I paid £35 delivered to the UK ($45). The box is great, I haven't compared it side by with an official Takara box (all in storage) but I will when I get the chance

In hand he feels a nicer plastic that the original MP11, softer and less rigid but potentially too soft in the ratchets, his knees are a bit loose for example. His weight is next to identical, 326g vs 325g for MP11. For the money he's better by far then I expected but do expect some sprue marks to shave off.

The only actual draw back to the entire product is the wing tabs do not reach in bot mode, the double jointed hinge seems to not bend to a 90degree angle to get them to reach far enough up the back. I fixed this with a blade and sand paper but it's a shame because it's almost a seamless transformation. On the plus side, the tabs aren't required though as the hinges themselves hold the wings up perfectly fine with out the tab.

He also creeks a lot less than MP11. Probably due to the slightly softer feeling plastic but there's no creaking or rattling at all from him. Pros and cons list below

Pros
    -Great plastic finish, nice clean glossy blue.
    -Paint application is very nice, Can't really fault that at all besides the Decepticon logos on the wings not being squared. they are even on both wings but just angled slightly, it looks like they are angled to follow a detail line on the wing but that line isn't in line with the centre of the plane.
    -Feels good in hand, only loose part are his knee ratchets, every other part is better than my MP11.
    -All joints stay in place with a good shake, knee ratchet is loose but the knee slider is solid and doesn't rattle, the chest slide is a lot stiff than the original as are the shoulder hinges. No floppyness

Cons
    -Loose knees
    -Soft hip joints, they don't appear to ratchet into place
    -Fingers were backwards out of the packaging which I didn't notice until I tried to close the fist and they popped off. Easy to solve by just spinning them around but could be damaged if you don't know and try to force them
    -Flight stand not included ( may well not have been with the original though as MP11 did not have one)
    -Flight stand peg slightly loose on the flight stands I have got from previous official and YM seekers.
    -Sprue marks all over, nothing I haven't seen on a Takara product but not quite as bad as this, easy to clean up though but certainly more than I would have liked

Over all I am %100 happy, it's not as good as a YM Thrust I have, that certainly feels premium, the finish is sloppier than the official MP11, edges aren't as tidy etc around the nose cone, some marks on the fingers. A bit of excess paint on the tail fin but he feels nicer and joints (excluding knees) are much firmer than my official MP11.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Got the shipping notice late last week, tracking says it was in NY on Monday, so I may get mine by the end of the week

19. Devastator21

Devastator21 Offical KFC/XTB Apologist

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    the fingers were also assembled wrong on my truscreamer so its fine and the original mp-11 didnt come with a flight stand, just the hasbro versions.

can you take a pic of the head.

20. crasher

crasher Well-Known Member

im gonna wait a bit for the price to drop and pair him with cloud9 translucent shockwave .... My ghost recon squad