KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thank you for the shout out! Means alot that you recommend my deals as this thread has been very helpful to alot of members.

Pm me if I can help anyone get a good price on one or the kbb of bb7 mp seekers or Coneheads. Also have the TW Coneheads coming extremely soon...

For the non Coneheads they each have their charm and pros and cons. Kbb is very vibrant toy colors and tonnes of accessories incl Coronation kit. Bb7 is toon accurate, comes with dry rub symbols, very well toleranced and comes with the main accessories you'd want.

Price difference if you want to order thru me is only a couple bucks although kbb ss and bb7 sw are cheaper and all the bb7 Coneheads are on sale now so that kinda makes them hard to refuse.. Lol

Let me know peeps!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I already ordered the YM thrust but i can see myself getting the toyworld version too just for a jet mode with the beautiful toy colors. So i might as well get the others too, lol. This could get ugly.

I can deal with having two sets of 3rd party coneheads (well, 5/6 of them) basically for the price of one official set.

3. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  4. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I fixed one shoulder on KBB Thundercracker and verified they used the wrong screw. I'll wait on replacing any more until I check Skywarp when he arrives next week, or if the other arm falls off.

The screws from a legit MP-11 shoulder work as intended. The shoulders from an MP-3 mold use a different screw and won't work, but the screws used in the MP-3 mold's thighs and calves work well for KBB shoulders.

6. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

thanks for the info cax6ton

7. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    i hope kbb sky warp doesnt have the problem.
    idk which version of skywarp to get.
    bb7 or kbb

8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I personally prefer the BB7 seekers. I had KBB Starscream and sold it because it doesn't seem to be as good in the quality dept compared to my BB7 Skywarp or Thundercracker. Plus, KBB isn't a true MP-11 ko- they used the old Igear seeker molds so they have some changes I don't appreciate. Also, you have to decide whether you want "toon" (BB7) or "toy" (KBB) deco.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

BB7. I have it and it's better than an official.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't the BB7 have issues with the shoulders too? Has the manufacturer caught and fixed the problem yet? I need him for my collection...

11. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It remains to be seen if Skywarp will have the same problem TC did, or if that was widespread or not. It pretty much comes down to whether you want the toon deco or the toy deco

12. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

yea, the first one's did. supposedly they fixed them.

13. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Mine were fine. I played around with them to make sure. I was worried a little bit before that. I just wished the Decepticon symbols were already put on since I'm not great at applying stickers or putting on dry rub decals.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I like the toon versions better.
    Thundercracker I love that baby blue soo much.
    Skywarp has the darker purple and black that I like better than kbb with the toy accurate extras.

15. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

This was very early on and over-inflated by the internet. Most people, including myself, had no problems with BB7/YM. From what I've seen, Rub has been very good about helping out of you do have any problems. I've personally had Takara and BB7. Glad I sold my Takara as the BB7 quality is much better. I hated MP11 because of the floppiness, but BB7 feels like finally getting what TT should have been.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

Well you win then. BB7 is going to give you the toon accuracy and the slightly better quality than KBB. Plus, it's an improved version of the official mold, and cheaper, and more accessories. It's a toon accuracy fan's dream really. I always loved the seekers, but the BB7 KOs have made SW and TC two of my favorite figures, 3rd party or official. The best part is that it raised the bar, so all KOs will likely need to step up their game in the future.

17. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    the ko companies have stepped up and im sure they can adapt at any time.
    look at how they updated the officials.
    they are ready

18. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's funny that for all the members I've hooked up with bb7 and kbb seekers, I don't think I had one report of a busted shoulder. It would figure that the one figure that had the shoulder pop would be my personal copy. Lol. How you like them apples...

It's all good. My supplier is sending me new arm pieces and thanks for the good info on the board and helpful and informative members I know to replace the screw with a bigger size.

Please don't take my bad luck as an indication of what the kbb qc is like. Both the kbb sw and tc are awesome and have very vivid rich colors. The bb7 ones are also awesome but I kinda dig the vibrant toy colors.. A first since most of the time I just go with toon.

Both bb7 thrust and ramjet are on sale now - click if you want check out these bad boys. Kbb thrust also shipping this or next week!

19. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Just got in my BB7 Thrust today. This will be replacing my iGear, no doubt about it. It's not perfect: the back flap is a bit warped and won't sit flat in jet mode; ugly sprue marks everywhere (who let TT into this party?); the missile-option "null rays" really need some paint and/or to be cast in black; wings should be a darker gray, and the red could be a bit darker/more burgundy as well; under-wing rotors are the same color as the rotor housing :mad: ; no wing stripes :thumbdown  (cartoon accuracy should stop when it comes to replicating omitted detail). That said, this blows TT out of the water on every front. It also fixes the main issues I had with iGear (tiny head, shoulder wings, face/eye color). The knee pads are a brilliant compromise, and completely optional. (And also hideous. Thanks Sunbow!)

I wasn't planning on re-buying the coneheads, but I guess I'm in. After Ramjet, Starscream (please please clean up the sloppy Walscream-turned-to-11 deco), and Dirge, I just need BB7 to make Bitstorm and Hotlink to finish up the welcoming partly, and Ion Storm with some crazy Hasbro'd-up wing designs to finish up the Rainmakers (Hasbro Sunstorm is my Nova Storm). And then I can be done with seekers! Just in time for something better than the lackluster MP-11 mold to come along. [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

How come no pics man !!!
    We need pics !!!
    I need pics !!! :D 

...oh, and does he come with the generic null rays ???

• Like Like x 1