KO's at a reasonable price?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sixpointsinspace, May 15, 2008.

1. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a good state side store for ordering some of the nicer KO's like the mini Fort Max, KO Dinobots, KO Predaking etc.

I would really appreciate any advice.

2. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    bump...anyone?

3. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Your best bet would be to find a seller on ebay in the usa that has them.

4. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    The problem here is that these KOs start at somewhat reasonable prices in China, and then one of two things happens:

1) Someone in China orders a case direct from the factory and sells them on Ebay for twice what they paid. When you factor in the literal necessity of 30-40$ shipping for an individual figure, you end up with a ridiculously priced KO that is 3x what you'd be comfortable paying.

2) Someone in the USA orders a case from China, calculates a cost to cover their initial outlay and shipping costs, then marks it up to be "Competitive" with the importers. Because hey, if someone else can get 75$ for a 25$ KO, why shouldn't they? And in order to get it to you, there's additional shipping charges on top of that.

Either way, you're going to get hosed. Your best bet is going to be to contact an overseas seller on Ebay and ask them if they'd be willing to work out a deal in combined shipping, on a whole huge lot of figures. That way you can at least cut the average shipping price somewhat, but it's going to be ridiculously expensive either way. (Though certainly cheaper than a plane ticket to China.)

5. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

this happened with the minature seeker ko jets...first they appeared around $14 each then all of a sudden sets were going for $300 for 6 planes....now they are back down to around $120ish for a set of 6...

6. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

or contact some of the vendors here and see if you can get the contact info of who they get theirs from....

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I tried this with a seller in China. He said he can get me whatever I want. MAKE AN OFFER. What is the "make an offer" crap with the Chinese? They pull that 100% of the time. You don't even know what the regular retail price is so if your offer is too high you get ripped off & if your offer is too low they get insulted & won't reply. I still don't have a clue what these sell for over there in regular retail shops. Just tell me the friggin price you want & then I'll say YES or NO. I hate that "make an offer" BS.

I asked the guy what they go for retail over there so I know where to start & he never replied again. I say piss on people like that! I don't have time for that kind of stupidity. Same with the buy/sell/trade boards here. As soon as I see "make an offer" I skip it. I see a lot of other buyers getting irritated with that "make an offer" garbage too.

8. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

KO are way over priced!!Like a KO prime in box for 150$!

9. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    I would really like a set of this Kabaya G1 KO's but I can't find anyone that still sells them. You guys know anywhere?

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    PM Might Gaine, he took them off ebay, but he still had a few left.

I've bought a few from him, it's great fun building your own TF's. (Reminds me to get round to building Galbatron (sic))

As for the other regular size KO's, I've tried to work out a deal with some of the Chinese sellers on ebay, best I was offered was a £25/$50 discount on over £200/$400 worth of toys, no combined shipping though! Needless to say I passed.