KO's & Asian sellers, have you noticed.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I was searching through the completed Ebay auctions for Transformers KO's. Anybody else notice that majority of the KO Dinobots,Mirage & black Optimus Primes don't sell? And you hardly ever see a regular bidding auction, it's always buy it now for $50 or higher + insane shipping. Do you think the Asian sellers will ever get tired of wasting money on listing fees? Is there a reason why none of them will put them up as a regular bidding auction & just let them go for whatever it ends at? Seems like they'll never make any money of they keep paying listing fees for auctions that don't sell. Are they overly greedy or just plain stupid? What do you think?:confused: 

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

some people never learn, but i'm waiting for a cheap black prime....

3. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

same here, hope to find a cheap ko black prime soon.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I want a black Prime, blue & red Mirage, Sunstreaker,Wheeljack,Gnaw, a set of all 5 Dinobots & Metrotitan. At the current prices I can't possibly afford them all! :cry 

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Red Mirage is teh awesum. I ended up getting mine for ~$25 in a trade. Worth going to several stores to find what I needed on my end.

I don't think I'd pay more than that, though (only saying that cause I really didn't want the stuff I ended up trading for it)

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    maybe it is there masterplan! keep listing till we get pissed off and buy so we dont need to look at 8000 listings in a row for KO Mirage,KO red Mirage,KO clear Mirage,KO black Mirage,KO gold Mirage did I forget any!

7. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    they want tooo much wacky american dollars for their wacky KO robots!

8. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    guess they forgot that KO's are suppose to be cheap

9. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    It's nothing new for us folks at Malaysia, our eBay is filled with items with ridiculously high BIN prices or bids starting ABOVE retail.

I've bought TFs from great board members here (heck even eBay US) that were cheaper than local prices INCLUSIVE of shipping.

I blame it purely on greed and ppl still not giving up to milk the franchise since the movie. :scalper 

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I wonder how much it cost to produce them & what kind of markup these sellers are putting on them.

11. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

DO buyers actually buy the items above retail? If so then you cant blame them for the high prices.

I havnt sold much on ebay. What does it cost for these guys to list 50 BIN's with $40 shipping when it doesnt sell?

Having no idea what the markup is...maybe it is part of a genius plan.

Say it cost 12 dollars locally for the ko's. Sell them at 80-90 for a few months and actually get some customers. THen cut the price to 50 and people think they are getting a deal and sale like hotcakes...

At any rate, i am starting to think that these ko's have a high local cost. If they were as cheap as i mention above atleast 1 asian seller would (sell out) and sell the KO's for a small markup because he would make up the difference in voulme.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind owning some of the KO's, especially the Dinobots, but at the prices they ask for on Ebay I have no chance of ever getting them, ah well.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Same thing here, though Grimlock is the only one I'm currently interested in (could change to all 5 in the future). I'd go for a really cheap KO of him at the moment. Even if that meant I had to tigten his joints, completely repaint him, and then buy a set of labels for him. It would be worth it in the end, imo. We're actually getting a Dollar General built in town, but knowing my luck, they won't get any KO's, let alone a KO of G1 Grimlock.

14. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I was planning to get a full set of Dinobots but then I realized that would cost close to $500.00. $500 for KO's??? Um..........SCREW THAT!:drunk 

15. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

for a $50 BIN, it would cost about a $9 insertion fee (each), then a percent of the final sale

16. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Well they used to, when the post-movie craze was at its paramount. One poor dude paid RM900+ (US$260+) for a loose Voyager Ironhide... Was pretty sure the buyers gonna call out on the deal but lo and behold, positive feedback left by seller after 3 days... :tumbleweed: 

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    The prices are so high I can come out cheaper buying a complete or mostly complete original in some cases.

18. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It dont cost that much to put a buy it now auction up.. I put a gas heater on there with a 300$ buy it now and it only cost me 25 cents plus 60 cent listing fee, unless they changed all there fees since i did that last year ??.. It dont cost that much at all to put up a basic auction, that's why i think they keep listing the stuff over and over.. Only gets expencive if you start using there extra services and reserve price options.

I looked into buying some knock offs from china.. It was for Alts Grimlock , Wheeljack and Prowl . They only cost 6$ each to buy from the factory but you had to buy 60 of them.. Combiner sets were 2$ each.

Here ill show you the quote listings that was sent to me .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Yup! I just learned that the KO Dinobots only cost $10. The Autobot cars are about $7. And the sellers think it's hilarious how they make most of their money from their insane inflated shipping prices. :ev: 

This information should be posted EVERYWHERE! It should be common knowledge to anybody into Transformers. I was wondering what the markup was but that's just plain evil!:mad 

20. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Hmmm...I want those Raiden and Devastator.