KOLD Rainmakers are a total washout

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 1984forever, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

KO TOYS started selling KO seekers in blue, green and yellow glow in the dark plastic. They called them Rainmakers.

Despite KO TOYS rep for bad service I ordered from them. Plus somebody on this site said KOLD made higher quality KO's. Fans have been begging HASTAK to make the other 2 Rainmakers, Thundercracker, Sunstorm and the purple seekers for years. I figured if I gave KO TOYS my money, the fanbase would finally get the seekers we craved. Sorry to say KO TOYS is not our savior.

1) KO TOYS promised us classic seeker heads on our 3 Rainmakers. All 3 arrived with unpainted heads.

2) Wing joints were put in backwards.

3) Fists were put in backwards.

4) Blue Rainmaker had a KO blue cockpit.

Now before some wise-ass suggests that this can all be fixed with 3 sharpies, some pin removals and a junker seeker cockpit, said "wise-ass" needs to realize that I shouldn't have to Kit-bash a $100 dollar new purchase! But I tried it anyway. All 3 Rainmakers crumbled into plastic crumbs. The yellow ones' legs cracked off before it even completed the first Transformation.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Sunstorm and Thundercracker aren't Rainmakers.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    That's a big time bummer. I really want to get the KOToys Crystal Convoy, to save the cash, but I couldn't drop $50+ for something that will fall apart upon transformation. Hopefully they can keep working at it to get it right someday. Because if they do, they could make some serious cash.

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Reverse the charges?

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

<- Wise ass.

No, you shouldn't have to kitbash a $100 figure. But you shouldn't pay $70 dollars extra for someone else to paint up and assemble the toy for you. You could've bought an unassembled set for $35 or so, and just painted it up yourself and put it together and avoid all of that.

Also, people have enough issues with Hasbro/TakaraTomy's clear plastic. The quality and condition of KO clear plastic shouldn't even have to be told to anyone.

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    That's kinda dissapointing to hear, I ordered a set of those and the crystal coneheads from him. I have both the crystal Ops & SS and have been very happy with them so far. Not that its an excuse but maybe its an issue with the glow in the dark plastic, I know that the mold is pretty spot on with the seekers.

As far as the broken yellow one goes, I would contact them an let them know; Mike has always been good about making things right when there's been a problem.

7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    That's kinda dissapointing to hear, I ordered a set of those and the crystal coneheads from him. I have both the crystal Ops & SS and have been very happy with them so far. Not that its an excuse but maybe its an issue with the glow in the dark plastic, I know that the mold is pretty spot on with the seekers.

As far as the broken yellow one goes, I would contact them an let them know; Mike has always been good about making things right when there's been a problem.

8. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Of course they're not Rainmakers, read the post correctly. Ghen Zhou promised us a whole bookcase of seeker variants. HASTAK did not. That's why I gave KO TOYS my money... so they could make these seekers in the future.

9. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

1)Not understanding why I should have have bought a Klear fig, then.

2) Not everyone likes paint apps. I hate them because ALL PAINT rubs off. I was happy to see the Rainmakers with no paint on their bodies. NOT happy with the plastic quality.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i bought scalpel from walmart, therefore Walmart is a POS retailer?
    they suck?
    they deserve to go belly up?

nice logic.

if the toys suck, fine. the M-A-N-U-F-A-C-T-U-R-E-R controls a toy's quality. they deserve a beat down for it.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    You bought a KO, what do you expect? I got some of the Seeker Knockoffs, they has misassembled upper legs and hands so I switched them, cracking one of the arms in the process. I superglued it. I expected all that to happen since they were Knockoffs.

12. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, Scalpel is a cool toy. Just because it does not meet human standards of beauty does not mean it is bad. Some people just have particular tastes. At least Scalpel is one of the most creative designs in recent memory. Alien robots are supposed to alien, that is, not from this world.
    As for KO toys, it is pretty well known that KO's have lower quality than the originals. The buyer did take a risk buying it and lost. It is a great lesson to us all.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

He was using Scalpel as an example.

14. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like I said in the other kotoys thread, be careful what you say. You don't want to get stabbed with a ballpen.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't think we need another thread about this company...but I'm no mod! :) 

I think The part of 'KOtoys' to remember here is 'KO'. This company might offer alot of special looking transformers, in the end they're still knockoffs, which are mostly made with cheaper materials.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You seam to be getting confused on some facts here

KO Toys is an internet store that specializes in selling transformer knock offs and early release or "stolen" toys from hasbro and Takara

Recently the owner, GenZhao, has begun working with factories to commission specific knock offs under the name " KOLD " the rainmakers are one of those products. So Ko Toys the retailer and Kold toys is the same guy same company and they get the same blame.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sorry to be harsh on the OP, but if you buy a KO, sometime you have to be prepared for a figure that has all the durability of a biscuit.

18. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

I agree.

Also if OP is aware of their 'bad reputation', why spend $100 on their products?

19. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Some of the KO products are cool, but I don't really see these KOLD products as being special enough to pay the extra costs. Way too expensive for something that's still a KO.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If it is a KO, you buy at your own risk. There are chances of it being very well done, and chances that it does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.