KOLD clear seeker from KOTOYS sucks ASS!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by G1_Cindersaur, Oct 12, 2010.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    got him along with the KO wonderfest prime...prime is cool.

the seeker on the other hand...arrived with both main wings snapped off...and his arms are a floppy mess...the side plates that the arms attach to have almost 1/4 inch gap between their outer edge and the chest plate...

not impressed at all.

so this is my last order for any KO seekers off ebay or via the internet.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a KO. It's supposed to suck ass.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Uh-oh, eye trauma on the way...

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too late.
    :) 

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    while mike is my friend, the problem is the whole figure is clear. making for certain areas to stress and break very easily.

granted, a ko is a ko and to me always buyer beware, but sometimes when the price is more than an average ko, some would expect more. just have to learn not to when it comes to ko.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it broke during shipping? That sucks, must be why Takara Tomy doesn't go 100% clear on their figures. You should post this in the toy feedback forum, its going to get buried here within a day or so:2c: 

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the official knock off transformers thread helps sort out the quality from the garbage with those KO's.

it has been awhile, but i think if the toy arrived in such sad shape, kotoys may replace it.

the point still remains that the knockoff market is a gamble (hence cheap and most often used for kitbashing) and there's always a chance of getting a bad item.

heck, read around the forum, even Hasbro has official toys with 2 left arms or missing parts.

to purchase a KO and expect premium grade is, well, kinda delusional.

8. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Doesn't Genzhao offer an option where you can get the toy on its sprues, and you assemble it yourself?

9. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Yes he does.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm sorry, all I read was "zOMG!!1! I bought a knock off and the quality is lacking, as if it may not have been produced under factory specifications and procedures!!1!!90210"

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That's a very cool idea. Do they come with instructions, or do you have to figure it out?

12. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

No instructions... If you get one, be careful with the wings... The little nub that plugs into the wing hinge is very delicate... Other then that its ok...

13. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No instructions. Just a bag of parts, pins and screws. Definitely useful if you have a seeker (or Prime depending on which you buy) on hand to compare.

14. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I got that clear seeker too. When he arrived his nosecone had broken off in transit.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I was thinking of ordering this, but I will get the unassembled one. Too many stories of stuff getting broken in the mail.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, please wear protective goggles if you make it to any cons in the foreseeable future, G1_Cindersaur.

17. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

You folks need to remember, this stuff is coming from CHINA. Even though there's less transit since he's shipping from Guangzhou, you've still got a box that's flying through turbulence, and let's not get into how haphazardly the Chinese tend to stack things or treat objects. And then there's the job US post does on their packages too.

If you get a package from China that is not beat to shit, then it did not come from China. Simple as that.

Mike puts a lot of styrofoam packing and cushioning in his shipments, and if you are ordering a KO that has a package, you should definitely pay for the in-package version for the extra protection. But once it leaves his hands, he cannot account for the beating that it will inevitably take in the Chinese post.

18. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Personally, I think it's much more fun to be able to put it together. I like putting on a movie, spreading the parts across the sofa, getting my little screwdrivers ready and going to town on a disassembled KO. I had a lot of fun reassembling a KO Classics Astrotrain last week to fix a leg problem. Also, I am not a very skilled kitbasher, but this gives me practice.

Plus the unassembled ones are cheaper.

I would second the caution that someone previously gave about the wing pegs being somewhat fragile on KO seekers.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've ordered from t800pro on ioffer who is in China, and the box he sent arrived in near mint condition. It was made of sturdier cardboard than the box kotoys sent me.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    that is exactly where it broke...the packaging also is the problem...they place the seeker in a clear clam shell style clear package that has about a inch of space all around the figure...and then place bubble wrap around the clear clam shell package...since the package has such a large gap around the figure the transformer gets shaken to fucking hell and back while in transit.

EDIT:

never mind...sorry did not catch that intent in the comments...thanks for the clarification..