KOLD Blue Convoy is finally out !!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 5, 2011.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

So does the blue KO Fit in the offical DIA Commader? I had asked before and no one seemed to have tried it yet.

2. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
    It works with mine.
    I've got the KO blue convoy & the real DIA commander set

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yup, I just got the kold blue convoy in the mail yesterday. I've had the tfcon powered convoy set misb for two years, waiting/hoping for some kind of blue convoy release. I just opened both and am pretty darn happy. the kold figure fits the official armor perfectly, no modding/sanding necessary.

as far as the kold convoy itself, I have a few nitpicks. while overall it's nice, and I'd rate it a solid 7 as a figure, it's got some issues that you don't see in the official figures:

1. part of the blue on it is a REALLY high gloss paint/coating. makes it stand out like a sore thumb.

2. I had to loosen a screw on one of the side flaps on the leg. in vehicle mode, the flap that folds forward that's between the front and rear wheels would stick out instead of being flush with the side of the truck. loosening the screw relieved some pressure, and then allowed the flap to be straight.

3. some of the silver paint was either undersprayed or oversprayed. basically small parts that seemed like they should've gotten painted didn't, making seem slightly uneven. not terrible, and not noticeable in combined commander mode, but I thought I'd mention it.

overall, for a $40 (before shipping) ko figure, it's not too bad. especially as a base for such an awesome figure. if it ever gets sold out and, say, doubles in price, forget it. the quality issues make it just passable at this point, and the plastic is good enough quality and the colors match well, to make it worth the $40. but anything more and I'd look for a custom or hope that someone else comes out with a new ko.

4. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got mine today. Looks great. I added the Junkion Blacksmith sword.

[​IMG]

5. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Argh... please dont post pics of the junkion weapons. I've been having such a hard time trying not to buy them lol. This set looks good but like others have said I thinks its to much for $40 (coming from the guy who bought 4 sg rodimus ko's). If this went down to $20 I think I'd def grab him. And probably the sg prime ko as well.

6. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I paid $20 for Blue Konvoy.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know many Hasbro toys that use Spring pins - I have seen them on some Bandai toys though. They seem like a good idea though they should prevent a lot of possible joint fractures.

I own an official TF Con DIA Trailer and I just bought a KOLD Blue Convoy a Fake DIA Trailer and a Fake (carded) Henkei Prime so I should be able to do some direct comparisons when they arrive.

I think most people seem to say that the only really issue is the arms are a little loose on the fake when the armour is attached.

I read some months back that the same factory was working on a Faux trailer for Voyager Movie 3 Optimus and also a faux Protector Armour (black version) and since the formers been out just a few weeks perhaps the next is due very soon too. Ideal for those who missed out on Shadow Scythe.

8. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I got this fella ordered along with Noise, Graphy, and Slamdance. Can't wait to add him to the armor. I really like the Prime toy seperately, and it'll be nice to have Powered commander and Prime out at once. Plus, there is a 3rd party Powermaster Prime in the works that I think will be compatible with Classics Prime, so that will be a new place for him if that comes out.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The cheap KO's seem ideal to put in the armour real armour or not. as the Voyagers are to handsome to want to cover them up all the time.

10. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

I can't even find anyone still selling blue convoy. Daelite20 is sold out. I can't even find any on Ebay.

11. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker ∆ ▲ ✌ ▲ ∆ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  12. Nemesis251

I saw those too. They can't be serious so I ignored those.

13. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    No they're serious....but I ignored them too LMAO!!!!!

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow what? Why so much for KOs?

15. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
  16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Blue ones are rare now as they were semi-exclusive to KOtoys and they obviously can't sell them any longer.

17. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I didn't think they were exclusive to KOToys at all. I mean, daelite20 had them in his store (yes, I know he got some of his stuff from Mike). I can't remember if I've seen them elsewhere too.....

18. Nemesis251

I've seen them in other places too but now that I want one, nobody has them in stock. If anybody finds one for sale at a reasonable price ($125 is f-ing bonkers), somebody please let me know.

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $125 is really too expensive for a KO,will rather skip it.

20. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Man...about a week ago, I saw one on daelite's store with the ko fansproject armor kit. Now they're gone lol. I'll keep an eye out.

*edit* found them. Nemesis, I'll pm ya :)