koh4711's Transformer a Day

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by koh4711, Jul 4, 2010.

1. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    koh4711's Transformer Not Quite a Day

So I've been trying to get myself back into the habit of taking photos again, so I decided to start doing my Photo a Day project again. Only this time I'm doing it with a twist: I'm doing a Transformer a Day. Basically, I'm going to keep taking a Transformer from my collection and take pictures, trying as many different things as I can each time.

For those interested in such things, I'm working with a Panasonic FZ-35 and a homemade light box, with very minimal editing done in Picasa before exporting.

And let's kick things off with Alternator Mirage! This is actually destined to be kitbashed, as soon as I can afford to commission someone to do so, but in the meantime he's showing off his replacement gun, since the engine set have been lost over a series of moves.

[​IMG]

And here's an outtake with Mirage and the sniper rifle in a James Bond type pose.

[​IMG]

2. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Day Two brings us Drift vs. TFA Megatron.

[​IMG]

And a bonus shot of Drift, as well:

[​IMG]

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I really love to seeing the whole figure, but that last pic of Drift is cool.

4. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Looks cool, I like the pictures!!

5. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Thanks for the kind words!

I've actually set a goal for this little project now. There will be 365 days of photos, so I've already decided who will be shot on Day 365: Fortress Maximus. I'm going to save up a little off each check and snag him in time for the last photo in the set.

Anyhow, for today we have my previous Most Sought After Transformer: G1 Shockwave. The first shot was playing around with exposures, and lighting the backdrop and using a blacklight just below the figure.

[​IMG]

Here's a more standard full body shot, done when my poor Shockwave's legs actually stayed extended for once(he needs some TLC at some point).

[​IMG]

6. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Today we have Galaxy Force Soundwave:

[​IMG]

And a full body shot:

[​IMG]

At the Gallery Page, I have a few shots of Soundblaster as well, though I think I'm going to reserve the right to reshoot his pictures later.

7. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Very nice pictures mate..

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like this thread a lot. thbw's collection thread is very similar and I think it's a great way to share your collection :) 

9. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Thanks again for all the kind words! One of the things I'm really enjoying about this is that it's sort of taking me out of my comfort zone. A lot of my photo work has been wildlife or action photography, the vast majority taking place outdoors and without a lot of set-up time. So I'm having to play around with camera set-ups and lighting, and I'm actually learning quite a bit.

I decided to go with Revoltech Hot Rod today:

[​IMG]

And a more standard shot:

[​IMG]

10. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Today's Transformer: Cybertron Galvatron. The repaint really did wonders for this mold, I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I totally agree. Your photos certainly do it more justice as well :thumb 

12. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Some days it's really hard to decide which Transformer to shoot.

Today was NOT one of those days. =D Finally got my hands on Leader Starscream!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Today is the Dread Pirate Cannonball!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I changed the background on the light box today, I need to tweak it a bit so the color's more uniform on the background.

14. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Great thread man, I really like the variety in choices of characters/photos.

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

that looks awesome! Revoltech roddy is an awesome figure to have.

16. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    One thing I'm trying really hard to do is mix up which characters I show. It'd be really easy to do, say, all Leaders or all ROTF, but I think it'd be kinda dull after a while. I keep hoping maybe some of these will help people give some of the figures a second look. That said, I'm seriously tempted to do a Month of Optimus, since there's a whole shelf dedicated to him. =p

Absolutely! I'm going to keep my eyes out for more when the anime con comes to Oklahoma City this fall. I originally tried to mask his background and do an action pose, but I couldn't get it to look right.

And today, I'm going with the "Battle Across Dimensions" theme from last week, so here's Human Alliance Barricade versus Alternator Prowl!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool Little bot. I love this mold, it's so unique. I just wish it had more articulation though. I like that you're mixing up the figs, that said...moar beest wurz! Please? :) 

18. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Yeah, that was one problem I had when shooting him was that his legs don't have a lot of movement to them. Still, I'd love to see him get some kind of update down the road.

I was debating Beast Wars Metals Ravage today, but after Prowl and Barricade yesterday, I wanted to get a more colorful bot... but I'll do a Beast Wars figure tomorrow, for sure!

And here's Universe Inferno. I love how solid of an homage this was to G1 Inferno, right down to the blocky-ness.

[​IMG]

And, just to be a little different, a vehicle mode shot!

[​IMG]

19. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    And here's some Beast Wars... Transmetal Rattrap! (Unfortunately, he's suffering the fate of most Beast Wars figs with the metallic paint, so I had to fairly careful in shooting him).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Today is Vector Who... I mean, Vector Prime(with a cameo from Animated Arcee):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]