KO Yellow Wheeljack, Red Wheeljack , Green Prowl Alternators in Fake Roadbots boxes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GenZhao, Jun 9, 2008.

1. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    Hello again,

These may have been around for a little while now but I just saw them for the first time today at wholesale.

Happywell is now packing KO Alternators in their ROADBOTS LINE.

They are the usual plastic KO ALTS, done in the same colors and new colors. They have the regular silver Grimlock and blue Prowl (though not metallic in the one I saw today), and new YELLOW WHEELJACK WITH BLACK RACING STRIPES, RED WHEELJACK (with black racing stripes in the one I saw today but couldn't get a hold of, they do not show the racing stripes in the pic I have found and provided here), and a GREEN PROWL.

I have a couple YELLOW WHEELJACKS.

I will add more pics of the yellow Wheeljack tomorrow or the night after - car mode and in packaging. For now its 3:30 am and I have to get some sleep,

Enjoy,

Here is YELLOW WHEELJACK WITH RACING STRIPES
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Rest of these photos are not my original photos. I will try to get an original photo of Red Wheeljack with black racing stripes in Packaging next weekend.

RED WHEELJACK
    [​IMG]

GREEN PROWL
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I smell a lawsuit.

But I still want Bumblejack.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I wonder if Hasbro and TakaraTomy will go after them now that they're knocking off Alternators without changing the designs. Before, Happywell used derivative designs based on real Alts, or their own designs so Hasbro/TakaraTomy left them alone, but now...

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    . . . and I continue to remain poor . . . :lol 

I have to say Happy Well disappoints me though. :( 

Well, I had a green Acura and a yellow Mustang with black sports stripes planned anyways. Now, I'm saved a heap of work :D 

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  5. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Well, Hasbro USUALLY only rabidly pursues KO companies that infringe upon their intellectual properties... so like, they are sort of neutral towards the offenses of companies that make bootleg copies of their toys, but don't identify their transformers as Transformers, or use the copyrighted symbols or names or whatever... Because as long as the consumer doesn't equate the low quality figures with Habsro's own brand....they and the value of their properties is in the clear.

It's just like how Target and Wal-Mart can sell knockoffs of products, right next to the real one, for cheaper, even though it's almost exactly the same thing. If they claimed it WAS the real thing, they'd be in trouble, but they can make Herbal Essences shampoo and Listerine mouthwash and Fig Newton cookies and Brawny paper towels that are disturbingly close to existing name brands, even mimicking the logos, and get away with it because they are not, at any point, advertising that the item they sell *IS* the item they're imitating.

Besides, Hell, department stores in the USA have legally carried bootlegs before; Aerialbot easter baskets and Happywell copies of macross mecha...

Personally, I'm all for more and more bizarrely colored KOs as long as they keep their hands off the legitimate I.P. so no morons will have an excuse to mistake it for a legit one.

I'm wondering if these are the same low quality, brittle plastic and paint as the Prowls and Mustangs made by Kidi Toys...they're DEFINITELY the same mold, and they have the same counterfeit "red face faction symbol"...but they appear to have their arms on the proper sides correctly in the boxes, which makes me wonder... I might have to pick one up for shits 'n giggles.

6. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:

For all we know Kidi Toys could have knocked these off too and just stuck them in a ROADBOTS box. Today at the market someone did tell me when I was looking at an expensive ROADBOT that the ROADBOT I was looking at was the 'Real Thing" - as in really a ROADBOT... so maybe something was trying to tell me that these are not even Real ROADBOTs... the crazy thing about china is that everything is knocked off, even moving companies... so we never know who really makes what here...

That being said ,the guy at kiditoys is very friendly, fair and nice to deal with... unlike some other KO dealers... and his metros are pretty good quality, devastator is nice too for an all plastic issue.

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would possibly get the Wheeljacks just because of the mold.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the chrome head looks kinda cool.

9. blakmajik

blakmajik Black Repaint

I wanna get prowl and paint purple camo on it.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    good grief. why does every ko maker have to use the stinking bumblebee movie motif? sooo original, and of course, looks nothing like movie bee either :rolleyes2 

11. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    well.... those that wanted to make a Bludgeon... now's your chance

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You sure he's not Wheelstreaker?

13. ShadowStitch

Knocking off the Knockoffs?? I guess it could happen!!

It's strange, because...the original KO Wheeljacks and Grimlocks...they're not as good as the KO Prowls made by the same company, but from what I can see in these pics, they are assembled correctly in the photos unlike the Kidi versions... and these appear to be higher quality plastic, the parts appear to fit a little better, and the paint apps look a bit better... So I have high hopes for these. Especially if they're being made by Happywell, since...even though their roadbots are clunky partsformers, they are pretty decent quality as far as the construction is concerned.

I'd also heard good things about the Kiditoys Devastator giftset, like they added chrome and upped the quality a bit, to try and mimic the G1 set a little more closely than the usual cheap poly-plastic version...but I've never seen one in person.

14. edbomber

edbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know the price point on these and whether or not they're gonna make it to the US? I know BBTS carries the happy well toys. I've had my preorder for the Prowl KOs with A3U since Jan and they supposedly haven't gotten them in yet so I'd love to pick these up if they're not too expensive.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Weird to see these from Happywell (if they actually ARE from Happywell). While Roadbots are heavily inspired by Alternators, I am surprised to see them go the route of straight KO's.

That being said, I'd be interested in picking all of these up if the quality is decent. That lime-green Prowl would add a nice dash of color to my Alt shelf, and the red Mustang would provide a good base for a Wildrider bash.

16. ShadowStitch

You read my mind... :lol  Though I was thinking Dead End....since Alt Dead End is technically Wild Rider's color scheme... (black with red windows, red arms...)

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Though the Roadbots line hasn't been outright KOs before, Happywell themselves have certainly issued KOs of other toys. Their (modified) KO of Armada Megatron comes to mind. Hmm, there was also the grey Valkyrie KO.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

The Mustang actually looks good in that yellow deco!

19. ShadowStitch

Yeah, and did you notice? The KO Yellow Wheeljack has the Red Feet, sword, and BVDs of Alt Grimlock, and the KO Red Grimlock has the blue feet, sword, and BVDs of Alt Wheeljack!

20. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Considering how much Happy Well has tried to distance itself from knockoffing with their original mold Roadbots in various scales and their X-Bots, this being from them seems very unlikely.

Judging merely from the packaging quality, I can deduce that these are KO Alts in KO Roadbot packagings. A double knock-off, if you will. I mean, look, they even replaced the Roadbot face logo with Alternators Prowl's face.

Being a strong supporter of Happy Well's original products, I would appreciate it if the newspost was edited to reflect this.