KO: What is the real Quality of them?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rodimusconvoy, May 17, 2008.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I know there is a lot of topics like this one, but I need to know before cashing on them, are the same quality or at least, very close to Takara or Hasbro? Are they die cast?

Is Grimlock any good? Mirage? Im thinking about getting at least GRimlock, but at this point and with the Metroplex thing, I dont want to spend my money on them if Takara is gonna reissue them eventually.

Any comment will be highly appreciated.

2. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I treated myself to a Grimlock on ebay a few months ago, and it was by far the most disappointing TF experience ever. Granted, I was not aware it was a KO when I got it, but as soon as it arrived I knew. The plastic is very cheap IMO. In fact, later that day one of my kittens knocked him over and his back window snapped off. Not to mention in Mustang mode he was "crooked" and in bot mode his arms wouldn't even stay up. I got my first *real* ALternator (Sunstreaker) the same week, and wow what a difference...

3. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    dude, i think he is talking about the g1 KO grimlock

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The trouble is we don't really know for sure what is going with Takara and the Dinobots. They seem like such an obvious choice for a reissue, that at this point people are starting to think the molds are missing or damaged beyond (what they consider to be ) economic repair.

5. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't buy the BS "The mold is destroyed or ruined that's why we cannot reissue. I mean for cryin out loud. They made that and now they cannot do reverse engineering?

6. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I bought the Mirage and it is perfect, but it seems to be hit or miss. Anyway I finally agree w/ the anti KO crowd as far as it being wrong to support the seedy black market and wont buy any more.

7. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    KO's are just another part of TF world...research it and buy it if you want..if not move on...the KO metrotitan is pretty cool. as is the KO metroplex...even with his swirly leg colors on the back of one leg...and i will be getting the real metroplex reissue along with the real metrotitan if they reissue him via ehobby.

8. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The quality on KO Mirage is actually better than that on my legitimate Encore Ratchet. That there is a cold hard fact.

KO Grimlock isn't too bad but suffers from some looseness around the waist.

I'm still waiting on Sunstreaker and Wheeljack though. Anyone heard any news on those?

9. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I heve seen some Mirages on ebay, Im about to make the move.....maybe I will get Grimlock too.....just to discover 2 moths later that Takara is going to release them at a lower price....

10. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i think the excuse of lost @ damaged mold is ridiculous. look at wst, how come justitoys can make them? smaller size even. maybe someone can ask justitoys to make the standard 6" versions of the dinobots, now that would be coooooooooooooool.

11. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    What they need to do is get all the molds from the KO-makers :) 

12. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that's another good idea, after that improve the quality, do some touch ups and there u have it, official reissues