KO Warning - Fansproject CA-03, CA-04, CA-05 on the horizon!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Venksta, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hi everyone. I just got word from my FP friend about KO versions of their Causality Ninjabots, Stormbomb, Backfiery, and Thundershred on the horizon.

These KOs are not out yet, but I've been asked to warn fans right now, as these are looming. The KO makers are "marketing" right now to fans on Asian boards, specifically China. They are also trying to take orders. These KO makers are being deceitful, as their telling people these are the real versions straight from Fansproject's factory. As well, they started a rumor stating Fansproject is going out of business, to hype up sales for their KOs, so fans are in a frenzy to buy them up.

To making sure you don't end up with a KO of the ninjabots, I suggest purchasing them directly from any of the TFW sponsors. Those retailers get their Fansproject items directly from the group, or either from an authorized wholesaler.

If I find out any other news, I'll be sure to post it here.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I know it sounds like something out of a movie plot, but the tidbit about iGear seems like a red herring. There is hardly any overlap with what either business does, and iGear seems to have it's hands full with legitimate projects as opposed to wasting time knocking off a potential competitor. I am betting whoever is making the knockoff FP wants to also discredit iGear at the same time. /theorizing

3. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Ugh.

Previous KOs had tell-tale signs like rectangular tape on the boxes instead of circular tape stickers to seal them.

Each of these Causality figures has some spots on them that'd be pretty rough in a KO, I think.

Thundershred = shoulders
    Backfiery = leg mechanisms
    Stormbomb = waist pieces

I think.

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, so that's how that "FP is going out of business" rumor got started? That's unfortunate. Not sure I believe iGear is the one responsible for this new round of KOs but stranger things have happened. If that's the case, then it looks like the 3P wars are just getting warmed up. Still, this doesn't really stop me from buying either company's products but I definitely will keep a sharper eye out. Thanks for the heads up.

Or maybe this is all part of HasTak's insidious master plan to sow dissent and distrust among the 3P ranks, and just let them destroy each other while HasTak laughs from the shadows, haha.

5. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Wow...not playing fair huh.....

Maybe Hasbro is helping FP fight this KOs too...

6. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    You know saying that iGear has been mentioned to be involved is just gonna cause a shit storm. I appreciate the news and warning but unless you have proof to back up the iGear statement you shoulda left that out. Your obviously just going off what you've heard but still proof or don't say it. Seems to me like other 3rd parties are just out to get iGear, fair enough they KO'd takara molds and that's low and they should stop, but their original designs are awesome imo, and i dont want those stopped from coming out due to rumors.

Sorry if i sound aggressive or anything, i dont mean it like that, just really want my "MP" style Ironhide and Ratchet

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Also...Igear IronChet is really good....maybe companies got jealous...

8. Venksta

News Credits:
    Thats why I wrote to take iGear's involvement with a grain of salt. At the same time, I felt it was note worthy, incase these KOs are out, and they happen to be selling them atleast. That way, people can be weary of where to buy the real versions from.

I don't hate iGear. I really like their original stuff, and even have the not-Ironhide and not-Ratchets on preorder, along with the two minispies. And their Kup replacement head is great. But when it comes to KOs, I won't give them a break there, if it helps people not spend money on fake products.

Anyways, edited and bolded the statement about iGear's involvement being unconfirmed. :) 

9. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about picking up a second set down the road so knowing there are KOs out there is appreciated. Any chance on an update when they come out on what to look for?

10. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Up until recently, it seemed to me iGear had a rhyme and reason to their KOs, mostly to meet demand from the fandon. KOing the Insecticons while the Causality bots are still in production and being offered by various vendors/retailers makes zero sense to me, considering that, as far as 3P bots go, they're not too terribly expensive in comparison with other 3P offerings.

PP01 Faith Leader worked because, up until MP-10, we didn't have a scaled-down MP-style Prime, and iGear ensured they pushed their 2nd release stock ASAP before MP-10 was released (granted they're planning on re-releasing PP01 again early next year, even with MP-10 still available, but I'm sure they're banking on the fact that MP-10 is still way too expensive for some collectors who might be looking for a more affordable, and trailer-less, alternative).

PP03 Seekers are a more complicated case. No one else has done MP-style Coneheads, and the Seeker clones like Sunstorm, the Rainmakers, and the big original 3 are just to maximize the mold (whatever its origins) and round out the collection of Seekers as complete as possible.

Maybe iGear didn't know about MP-11, maybe they did, but the fact that they're trying to squeeze out the last of their Seekers in before and around the time MP-11 is released makes me think they'd rather not compete head to head with MP-11 in the long run.

But KOing the not-Insecticons while they're still widely available? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me from a business perspective for iGear. Huge grains of salt taken over that rumor. (Disclaimer that none of what I said should be taken as fully condoning what iGear has done with their copied molds; merely speculation on my part over their supposed business model.)

11. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I hope the KOs have new heads and stuff to make them look like their G1 selves

12. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any pics of these KO's?

13. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Not buying the igear connection either.

14. Venksta

News Credits:
    I'm sure Fansproject will make photo comparisons to help point out a KO version of each of the figures.

The KO is meant for China mostly. I was told the ninjabots are hard to find over there, and some fans were frustrated. Its was talked about in a thread on one of the Asian boards. So this could be the reason for the KO, to get into a market that has a lot of demand.

15. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to sound like a hater, but I'm finding some ironic humor in the fact that third-party companies that make their money on unlicensed pieces based on another company's property are up in arms about possible KO's of their stuff.
    There were Targetroids KO's, so why not the not-Insecticons? Cheaper alternative for those not concerned with the KO stigma.

16. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KO Insecticons would be commercial suicide for any 3rd party manufacturer wanting to enter the market in any meaningful way. Igear are just about making up for their KO MP Seekers with their original work and I doubt they'd damage their reputation amongst collectors so much by ripping off another competitor of similar size.

17. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a big difference between using a known likeness and copying original tooling and engineering.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FP also have KO,that make FP toys very cheapo

19. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, I agree totally, and give all respect to the not-Insecticons. They look fantastic. But then again, getting KO's of them is not shocking at all.
    Reaslistically, aren't KO's almost all total copies of the original tooling and engineering of whatever figure is being KO'd? Whether it's a Has/Tak figure or a FP one, it happens.

20. Timesynch

News Credits: