KO Warbotron Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Behlial

Behlial Member

I received my KO Onslaught in on saturday. Figure it self was great. Loved it. Now with having all the bots I transformed him into bruticus.

A few issues I noticed and maybe you guys have suggestions.

1. Swindle does not hold the combiner foot well at all. It consistantly moves out of place. I am thinking it needs to be sanded down or something.

2. Blast off. Replaced the ratchets with what onslaught came with and it only made a slight improvement. It can barley hold its weight. If I put the gun in his hand GOOD luck. It just wobbles down.

3. Vortex. Pretty much same issue as above. I switched out his ratchet and well it was slight difference. I did not notice a spring in mind Tunaslesh when I was taking it apart. Let me know if that was the case!

4. its a mess trying to keep standing currently. I love the individual bots. If its in anything but an A stanceish it will tip over or back. Right now I have it combined. I may take it all apart.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions on improving this.

Does anyone have the Machine Boy arm limbs? Do they come with the 2.0 ratchets installed on them? I honestly like the color choices. To be honest if this ends up being a flop in combined mode. They individual bots look amazing. ^_^ So I can wait for another bruticus to come along and keep these guys in bot mode.

2. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

Thanks Behilal for the info regarding no spring inside Vortex. If anyone else confirms this as well I would appreciate it. It seems as though it should have a spring but that doesn't mean that it does of course.

I am working on sanding down the folded flaps on the insides of Swindle's legs. When folded in, they don't line up flush with the rest of the leg (particularly down where the combiner foot goes) and are likely helping to push the legs apart.

I think that Bruticus doesn't stand well mostly due to his relatively loose hip ratchets. I tipped the toothed wheel and surrounding circle tips of the gear with superglue, and that has made one ratchet more resistive (I cleaned out the glue dust/fragments after moving the ratchet around a few times so that it doesn't accumulate in the gear valleys). I haven't done the other hip ratchet or resassembled him yet so I don't know how effective this will be.

I will probably try the superglue to gear tips and counter-pressure pieces of the shoulder ratchets of Brut if it helps his hips. The other thing I am doing to the shoulder ratchets is to put a little epoxy on the underside of the counter-pressure pieces so that they apply more pressure to the gear. The screws for these were very stripped as they came new, so I needed to jam a small slot screw driver into what was a Phillips head to get them out. Oddly the screws for the original ratchets were in good shape.

Sorry I am working slow on this as I have other things on my plate but I will post again if I have success.

3. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Machine Boy Vortex had a spring inside it, might just be a QC issue.

4. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Finally got my Onslaught today!

First impressions: HOLY COW, this thing looks amazing out of the box. The way it's packaged, the way it presents itself is a testament to how well Wukong captured the likeness of Warbotron. There were a few paint smudges (some of the paint was actually very fresh and smear-able) and the plastic felt fresh. Nothing terrible or deal-breaking, just a few tiny spots.

I'm at my university so I can't do any in-depth testing in combined mode until tonight, but I tested the joints on Onslaught and everything is exceptionally tight. Shoulders don't squeak, arms hold themselves up. The ratchets in the trailer (Bruticus' hips) are VERY tight on mine. In Benscollectibles' video, his trailer halves move easily side-to-side and front-back whereas mine give much more resistance. The knee ratchet is even tighter, requiring a lot of force to get it to move a click. I'm hoping my luck holds out to combined mode later. The biggest issue I have so far is that all four of the green tabs on Onslaught's back are too thick to hold his backpack cannons. Will have to sand those down considerably to achieve the fit.

On a side note, is collecting Transformers looked down-upon? I just recently started, but while I messed with Onslaught, the looks of passing students and faculty around me weren't exactly very friendly..

5. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Am I correct in assuming the KO onslaught being referred to is the wk version? Might be easier for everybody if ppl referred to whether they are commenting on the wk or Mb kos.

I'm waiting in the Mb onslaught. Waiting waiting waiting..

6. Behlial

Behlial Member

@ShadowOfSilver My girlfriend shoots me an odd glance once in a while when I am playing with them and transforming them in the living room while we are watching TV. My boss thinks I am an odd duck. I get everything delivered at work and on slow days I will take out all my transformers I received to ensure they are all good. I will transform them and play with them at my desk. I am 32, and she is use to my quirks and hobbies. She even goes out and buys me some of the hasbro toys. My onslaught was great. No squeaks, poses great. I took apart bruticus until I can do the fixing to make it more stable. I may leave them in bot mode. They look great individually.

Like Tuna said, WK Swindle doesn't hold the foot at all. So I came home last night with him face down on my shelf. I said screw it and spent the time taking him apart. Still AMAZING figures for the price. Shame I waited for what seems like 2 years for the KO Set.

I will check the table and floor when I go home to see if I see a spring. I didn't see it when I took it apart, so I may have missed it. I kinda wanted the MB versions of the arms for combined mode. I love the color scheme.

7. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:

Congrats on finding someone who respects the hobby and takes part in it too, even if just a little.

I remember comparing my WK Swindle to videos of the original and it looked like a perfect match. The flaps at the bottom of the feet always stay flush so I'm hoping he keeps the foot in, If now, I'll have to thicken the tabs underneath the windows so they hold the center of Swindle's mass more tightly.

8. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Okay so I have finally gotten to combining and I think I found the source of the issue. The combiner peg in the foot that goes in between Swindle's back IS THE WRONG PEG. It's shaped to fit Brawl's back. I switched the two feet and sure enough, Swindle's foot fits perfectly on Brawl and vice versa. I switched the pegs and now I'm good to go!

EDIT: Welp, after only three minutes in full combined mode, Swindle worked himself out, despite having the correct peg in. Bruticus is currently posing with his rifle down and Warbotron X-Ray slightly held up. His arms just can't hold up any significant weight. I'm also terrified of what Swindle may be doing with the leg while I'm not looking. I noticed that I was missing a screw in one of Onslaught's shoulders with the combiner ratchet. Putting in a spare from the X-Ray kit seemed to help.

Final thoughts: I think I got lucky in having a near-perfectly done alt mode and bot mode. Onslaught does his best in combined mode, but the individual members' weak ratchets and Swindle in particular really let him down.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  9. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

Shadowofsilver, we live in a very arbitrarily judgemental society, and especially at university (or more so highschool) people are really trying to pose that they are very mature, or cool etc. If you get into this hobby at an adult age you just have to accept that a lot of people are going to think you are weird. Personally, I don't care. I think this whole planet is weird.

Rubadub, yes this conversation refers to the Wukong version. I think that some people don't know that "KO" is an actual company, as I did not the first time I started dealing with them.

As for my fixes, the superglue to gear tips worked at first, but not for very long as eventually the gears sheared all of the glue off. I was hoping a little would stay on and at least roughen up the tips, but no. My Swindle combiner foot does stay on a lot better now that I have filed down the folded inner leg flaps flush with the rest of the inner leg though, but as this Bruticus is otherwise pretty terrible it is of little consequence.

I think that the only way to fix the shoulders/hips ratchets for Bruticus would be to make all new gears with bigger teeth, but that is beyond my skillset at the moment. Maybe some day.

EDIT: TF-direct confirmed that there is no spring in Vortex in the area I was curious about.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  10. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:

Being weird is fine with me! I never quite fit in anyways.

Shame that there really is no way of saving Bruticus' pose-ability outside of manufacturing new parts. I'll sand down Swindle's inner flaps like you said, just so I don't have to worry about him standing anymore. Then I'll start looking into clear stands of some sort that can hold his gun for him.

11. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MB onSlaught is not released yet, so only KO version right now is WK.

12. weed

weed New Member

On that note, do we have any word on when the MB Onslaught is going to show up? sirtoys still says "should be August".

13. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm really waiting on the MB Onslaught. Don't care for the WK versions since I already have the original. It sounds like the WK versions aren't great if you want to go for a combined mode Bruticus - that really sucks. Maybe just buy an original Warbotron Onslaught from BBTS for $100 when they have it on sale...

14. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'd bought WK limbs but got impatient and got a real Warbotron Onslaught (since the WB Onslaught was only $100, the WK version doesn't seem like the the deal the limbs were). I'd noted back then that the combined-mode shoulder ratchets were rubbish back then. WK Onslaught comes with replacements? Hmm. I might wait for a sale and pick up a Warbotron Blast Off just so he can hold his gun, because I'm not really having any other problems.

15. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

I just Receive my WK Onslaught... with my MB limbs... everything works so great... the joints are all HELL TIGHT... the connectors and all... it's a GREAT combined mode.

Now I do have the same problems everyone is talking about: Swindle's Foot/ankle connector doesnt stay in solidly... and Vortex's ratchet connector cannot hold his own weight AT ALL.. but i will install the replacement connector later tonight...

ONE QUESTION to those who bought the WK Onslaught: The tiny bag with the missiles & replacement ratchets... what are the other parts in there? what are they for?

Unrelated photo of my combined mode:
    http://i.imgur.com/EWfUAVs.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Danm that looks sick im so twmpted to just get wk onslaught if mb dosent hurry up

17. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

exactly what happened to me... Couldnt wait anymore... plus I seen Ben's review of it, and he mentioned the connectors were much tighter with the MB limbs than the WK ones... so... F-it... I ordered mine right that instant :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

I think that the connections aren`t compatible between Wukong and the original Warb.

EDIT: I have been corrected by another forum member who said that they are in fact compatible, sorry.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  19. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Show Z on Facebook:

Happy to hear that from you!
    ----
    MBD Bruticus
    $77.99 Free Shipping for 4 limbs!
    Send me a message to buy.
    Onslaught's Releasing date is still unknown.

20. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

Has anyone combined the Machine Boy arms to Wukong Onslaught? In this situation are the combiner shoulder ratchets stable? Do they hold the weight of the arms facing forward, and holding the big gun? Thanks. I know Ben showed them together in the review but didn't show a test of these issues.