KO vs 3rd Party.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Feb 22, 2012.

?

Should KO threads be 3rd party threads or TF Toy Threads?

1. KO threads belong in 3rd party forum.

29 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. KO threads belong in TF toy forum.

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that thinks that KO's belong in the TF toy forum and not in the 3rd party forum?

TFW has gone to some length to put all 3rd party news in this forum and I am more than ok with that. What I do not like seeing here is KO news.

3rd party items are NOT KOs. You can argue that they may be IP KO's but at the end of the day, where we are now, these are original designs of add ons or complete figures.

So I ask the people of TFW2005, do you think KO TF threads belong in the 3rd Party Forums or the TF Toy Forums?

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see it like this:
    A KO is a 3rd party product, but a third party product isn't necessarily a KO.

So I think it fits in this section.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If it is unofficial product it should go in here.

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look at it this way. People who hate KOs hate third parties and vice versa. Rather then hear moronic asinine crying babies complaining about nothing ,I feel the third party forum is fine for both as long as it keeps them out.

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I think anything not "official" should go here.

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The only thing is, what do you consider shit like Faith Leader or the Coneheads? CHMS seekers like Sunstorm? Me, I still consider them KOs, even though some of it interests me... So then, who decides if it goes in the 3P forum or the where the rest of the KO stuff goes?

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    To be honest I never thought of it as official vs unofficial. Seeing it described that way even I must conceed to KO threads being in the 3rd party forum. boo lol

8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The only negative to it all going in here is that "purists" who ignore this section of the site run the danger of getting burned by not realising a fake product ison the market. But that is there look out.

There are too many blurred edges, with Faith Leader, Coneheads and the KO City Commanders, I think it's easier to say if it's not by Hasbro or Takara or made under license, it goes in here.

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Plus generally the third party collectors are fairly open minded, and in my experience much more likely to pick up decent quality KOs.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think the problem, if any, would be remedied if this subforum were renamed "3rd Party and Knock-Off Discussion."

...or "3rd Party/Unlicensed Discussion."

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    don't really care. I personally think a 3rd party forum was pretty stupid anyways, but I guess to satisfy the purist, now the news and rumors section are all spread and annoying.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    No No No, keep the title as is lol. But yes, if this is going to be the place to find out about KOs and to be warned of high quality KOs then the forum title should reflect that.

13. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Since segregation is the way things are going wouldn't a "KO" subforum be the most logical thing to do? Divide up toy news first by whether they are an "official" or "3rd Party" or "KO" toy and then by which show or movie they fit with. Put all the Prime toys under the Prime forum, the movie toys under the movie forum, G1 toys under a G1 forum, 3rd party G1 toys under a "3rd Party" subforum of the G1 show forum, etc. Sure it would be a huge clusterfudge and a nightmare to follow, but it's the logical next step.

My preference would be for all toy news to be under one forum, but apparently its too difficult for people to choose for themselves what they do and do not want to see. Might as well go whole-hog with the segregation. :) 

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Never a truer word been said.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    qft

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Personally, the Forum title should be Unofficial/Unlicenced Transformers Toy Discussion.

And with the KO/Third Party Review subforum in here, the same should be done in the TF Toy Discussion. For consistency's sake. I tried to bring it up in the Tech Support forum, but it went largely ignored.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Bingo.

18. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it should stay here. On another note, it helps keep this forum active by having two different subjects in it. I really dislike seeing to many subforums because they usually stay inactive and boring.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see third parties as completely different entities than KO outfits, but unfortunately many people are now considering them to be one in the same thanks to some of those entities like iGear now being both.

For sake of keeping things less confusing, I think it should all just stay here.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

One could make a case for moving all the Shapeways threads in here instead of the fan art section (actually, I'd like that). Or, if you wanted to go nuts, you could make a case for moving all non-KO 3rd-party toys into the fan art section. I don't think there's too much point in squabbling over what goes where.