KO Victory Leo and Star Saber

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Oct 4, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I recently seen Victory Leo and Star Saber KO's at a Family Dollar for 2 bucks a piece. They are around 4 inches tall. I will be getting them for that price no problem. My question is, does anyone have these? And if so do the combine into a KO Victory Saber?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I have them and yes they combine.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd certainly like to see them if you do pick them up, d00d. I love the originals.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    got pics?

i just got a KO Liokaiser (no head) who i wanna have fight my RM Victory Leo and Star Saber... just wish he had been made with a head... i don't understand why he wasnt... so annoying...

5. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Aren't those KO of the RM figures? Star Saber doesn't transform I know that.

6. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I have a set that I got a a Family Dollar...as I said, they came as a set, but given it's still Family Dollar and the price is similar, there's a reasonable chance they're the same. If they are, then they're fully functional KO's of the Robot Masters figures--they transform and combine and all that silliness. The plastic quality isn't the best, but it's not horrible either. Definitely worth however little you'll be spending on them. Just be careful with the handle of Star Saber's sword; mine broke off fairly easily.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    even the official one's handle breaks easily, if it sits in his fist for a bit, don't know why they made the handle with those ridges

8. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Just found these myself for $2 each @ Family Dollar. I got the only two individual ones they had but they were also available in $5 3-packs but they're in seperate packs so you have to spend the $10 and get two sets if you go in that direction.

Kinda sad to see that Star Saber does NOT have an alt mode, he looks great in robot mode and that's about all he'll do. The handle on the sword broke off when I took it out of the package though!

Victory Leo however DOES transform from Lion to Robot to Feet/backpack, and the combined mode looks pretty cool.

I've never had the originals so I find these to be kinda fun and you cant beat the price! I'm gonna do some paint touch-ups on them too.

Thanks for the heads up on these!
    Later

9. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I thinks these are what you mean. Both of them do not transform properly (Leo does somewhat). They are low quality and don't even hold their weapons because of tolerance problems. I do not recommend them. As a display piece they are too small to be impressive.
    [​IMG]

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I beg to differ....I have these RM KO's and they do transform.

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Well I've actually seen a couple different KOs of these guys. Some of them are sold in two packs with each other and only have articulation at the shoulders and hips (and thus can't transform), but there are also individually carded ones with almost all of the articulation of the originals. Personally, I've only seen the individually carded ones maybe once, since my Family Dollars only stock the worst of the worst, KO-wise. But seeing the reports of people finding these makes me wanna go and check my three local stores...

12. GreenCream

GreenCream Well-Known Member

I own Star Saber, and regrettably he cannot transform.
    The joint that allows his legs to collapse is fused, preventing them from meeting the hands in alternate mode.

13. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

Ebay:
    There is more than one KO version of the RM Star Saber/Victory Leo duo. One set is pretty much a spot-on copy of the original mold. The other one (which I have, and purchased from Family Dollar) is not. Victory Leo can transform, but Star Saber's mold was simplified to the point where it cannot. The legs don't split apart to connect with the arms and there is no inner robot to form the front of the jet.

[​IMG]

The KO trys to fudge the transformation by having the sword hilt fit over the tiny Saber head (which is still there under the SS head, just molded into the chest) and become a nosecone, but the results are pretty lackluster:

[​IMG]

Family Dollar used to sell this non-transforming KO mold in a Robot-masters-style set, however they're now packaged individually. The fully and partially transforming KOs look pretty similar in-box, but if you look closely, you'll see that the non-transforming one has a sold piece for the chest:

[​IMG]

All that said, SS's transformation isn't crucial to the combination gimmick, so he still pulls off a pretty convincing Victory Saber...

14. GreenCream

GreenCream Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd recognize those X's anywhere.
    They also made a G2 knockoff of some jet? I think it was Snare?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Forget the K.O's get the original RM version. I love my RM Victory Saber, First japanese exclusive figure i bought.

I just realized that in December, I would of had him for 4 years. Time flew quite fast.

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Yeh the RM Victory Saber is cool. But must be hard to find now right? Or at least getting it at a good price.

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    they are almost as rare to find as the g1 figure (not as valuable though)

i'ld have them by now if i could FIND them, the two pack is non-existant anywhere now

sometimes they pop up, really considering on jumping on that victory leo that cost about $60-$70 BIN on ebay.....

18. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    That's a shame. The box set has the nicer colours.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it is, seems the only way i am getting a star saber is getting the candy toy

20. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I've been thinking of getting that too but they havent made a Victory Leo to go with it.