KO Transformers Headmaster Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Jun 20, 2010.

1. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Based on the time frames they are saying above, it should be another week. Sending you a pm.

2. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    haha lets see pay 1500-2500 for the real set or 80 hmmm, but i know a lot of guys who have the real deal including myself. i am very happy with my overpriced real ones lol. now i have some cheap ones to fiddle around with.

as for the white shuffler automorpher was talking about. there was one at last years botcon, i think bodhar2000 sold it to someone along with his other white headmasters, it sold for less than what i thought it would go for.....i will get the real white set one day. just depends on the price.....

3. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i havent seen any REAL white headmasters for sale a a decent price ever.....last one i saw was a white trizor that went for 2500 usd? i know hotspot got a yellowed kirk for cheap, but that cause hes always lucky lol. anyone esle see the real deal on sale or know of the going rates for them?

4. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

I was a step away from paying $850 for MIB Trizor, Lione, Loafer and Rodney from Japan before this set came out and I decided not to. Now, I'd rather use that money to get the dino-casettes, but wait rumour has it that they will be repro-ed too. *shhhh*

Ok, hotspot17 always seems to be lucky when it comes to these things. I should stick around him more. heh.

do you know what's the real story behind the white headmasters in terms of what sort of exclusive they were released as and whether they ever came with boxes?

5. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:

If memory serves, they were exclusive giveaways in some store chains, i.e. buy Wideload or Rollbar, and get this white doohickey for free. They didn't come boxed, so I assume either polybagged or in one of those egg canisters that you see in vending machines that have stickers or junk for a quarter.

6. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never got a notification that my set had shipped, but upon checking the transaction on my Paypal account I noticed it was updated as "shipped". Looks like it shipped yesterday, or at least that's when he updated the transaction. I'm guessing I should have them in about a week, can't wait!

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    They were polybagged, one of mine (I do have an original set!) was still bagged when I got it :) 

8. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

Thanks for the info. Can I ask whether it's first hand info (ie you've seen it) or if its from someone telling you? No offence meant, I just hope to get an accurate account of the state of affairs back then in my head.

Wow! Any chance you can post a pic? or email me a pic? I'd really like to see what it looks like in "MISB" form.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Sorry...I'm an openner...White Trizer USED to be in a poly bag though :p 

Becuase I've been ultra protective of these...want to prevent yellowing as much as possible...they've been safely stored almost since I got them.

10. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good man! Although you should have video taped the opening ceremony and posted it so people would get upset ;) . I opened a MOSC (beautiful card) Omega Spreem 2 years ago that I got for MUCH cheaper they go for now. In retrospect, I should have videotaped it :) 

11. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Why video tape such horrible events? You just crippled the resale value of the figures. Heck, I don't understand why people would even want to open figures that old. They are beautiful display pieces in packages or bags. By opening them, you have taken one more MISB piece off the market. Kind of makes me sick....

*end rant*

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I was talking to a Collector/Seller from Japan a couple of years back. This guy has an Unused White Shuffler but he wanted USD $6...0...0...0 for it. I couldn't afford paying that kind of money for a TOY?! :crazy: 

Never could, never will.

13. Tirade

Goodness me. $6000? He must not want to get rid of it that bad. At that price, he will NEVER sell it.

14. Wajo357

News Credits:
    and you are the perfect reason why he should have videotaped it :) 
    I would only imagine you convulsing as you watched him open a MISB white headmaster. I guess it would be the closest to transformer related torture to a MISB collector ;) 

My opinion is that he paid for it, it is his and it doesn't sound like he has plans to resell it. He bought it to enjoy, whether to look at or play with but NOT to keep sealed. Its not our right to dictate how he enjoys his toys.

15. Tirade

But why? Why open something like that? It displays just fine on the card. Plus it is far rarer to find MOSC. Seems ludicrous to open one at this point. If the piece has survived this long MISB/MOSC, keep it that way. Such a TF is a piece of history.

I have no problem with people opening up Toys from 2000 onwards, but anything before that strikes me as odd. How many MISB/MOSC specimens are out there for certain figures? As the years go by, the number keeps dwindling. Would you open a MOSC Bludgeon or MISB Optimus Prime?

EDIT: Pretty selfish view for such a rare toy. Yes, if you paid for it, the toy is yours. But you need to keep in mind there are other collectors out there. You aren't the only one. Not everyone has the ability to keep their TFs for their entire life. Most of these toys bat around between collectors.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love opening old sealed stuff. Screw the market or if someone doesn't like it - it's mine. I'll be damned if someone tries to tell me not to. I'm not a historian nor do I owe anyone the favor of keeping it sealed. Opening something you own is NOT selfish.

My dream is to smash open something AFA'd. Toys are meant to be opened.

EDIT: I'm not crazy. If I found something sealed I didn't want and knew I could make a ton of cash by selling it that way, I totally would.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  17. Tirade

*Sigh* The whole collecting world is a circle of sorts. More than likely, a TF will have several owners. Opening one from the G1 era now seems counterproductive to the collectors market. What if I had been looking for a MOSC Omega Spreem for years? And now to hear that one was ripped open recently? That is sickening. That is one less MOSC Omega Spreem to find on the market.

Back on topic, I would have loved to have seen one of those white HMs in the original bag.

18. Wajo357

News Credits:
    like he said...

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You shouldn't be sickened by it. You seem to counting on the idea that the figure that got opened would have been resold and made available to you.

That's definitely not something you can count on. Even if it stayed sealed, the guy who bought it may hold onto it for fifty years, it may get destroyed, it may get lost - once it's off the market it really doesn't matter if it's open or not.

20. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Been reading that people are saying he is making all of the other g1 heads, he is not doing this.