KO Transformer Delivery Schedule

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yeah good for you mate, I need a mental slap for not supporting piracy??? why dont you get rammed

2. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I owned the original Mirage. broke in half Christmas day 1984 hours after opening him. And I wasn't a kid that mishandled his toys rather I took such good care that a good sum of my vintage G1 collection are the toys I got for birthdays, Christmases, or bought w/ money earned cutting grass. Point is I never bothered to replace that figure because that seemed futile. Now like alot of you I've added quit a bit of reissues to my collection first w/ the Takara book-style, then the ToysRus collectors series, and lastly the Encore Megatron.

Never had a problem w/ quality on the reissues until the Encore Megatron, he had loose joints out of the box! The arms where they extend to show a bicep/elbow/forearm effect are loose as can be. Also the scope attachments are lesser quality than the originals and the chrome sword/gun are not fitted correctly.
    Boo Takara on that crap, but the robot does display well w/ my 84 series so it will do.

Thats when I thought I could have bought a knock off and had this trouble so what's the difference? All the anti KO you should save up for official product argument does not hold water w/ me. So yesterday I went ahead and bought that KO blue Mirage on e-bay $69 shipped buy it now.I also went to A3U and bought Wheeljack and Sunstreaker. I'll be interested to see when those all get here how the quality compares to Encore Megs, or the Encore Ironhide and Ratchet I preordered from BBTS.

Anyway I feel good about the purchases and could care less about the bootlegs amongst the originals in my collection. Because of these recent KO's all I need is Trailbreaker and I'll have the complete '84 collection. If you told me 7 years ago that it would happen I would have laughed at you w/ the prices ($200-$500) on vintage autobot cars and the awesome lost destroyed mold stories.

So hate on haters, it won't take away from my sweet '84 display! A dream of nearly 23 years from the that first Christmas as a 9 year old boy in 1984 is about to become reality with a little help from some KO vintage box toys and I'm loving it.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    And congratulations on your second reported post by me in as many minutes. Charming PM, by the way.

4. Red leader

News Credits:
    Draven am I talking to you ? no and thanks for your PM telling me to fuck off when all mine asked you to do was leave me alone, good skills !

5. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

Chill guys, but seriously, is piracy really the issue for you? It's not like hasbro is selling these toys anymore, so these KOers are not really stealing audience from Hasbro's toys.

I can understand the copyright issue, if i was hasbro i'd try to do something about it like mattel did for he-man toys:

[​IMG]

In another words "lagalize it"

box art figures everything is exactly the same except for the copyright and a couple tiny words "Replica"

But if the owner of the transformers copyright doesnt give a dam, why should you?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  6. Red leader

News Credits:
    Its the fact legit sellers can get away with selling what are essentially fake goods with out so much as a rap on the knuckles, regardless of what Draven says there is the safety aspect, the paint isnt tested nor are the plastics so you dont know whats in them if they are safe or not etc but if people want them thats fair enough all I'm saying is its not cool for a regarded company to have fakes on the shelf next to the real thing its not done is it. Thats all I will say on it and chill

7. Red leader

News Credits:
    Nice panthor by the way, I cant find the anniversary stuff anywhere

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, yes you were.
    Your comment was DIRECTLY AIMED AT ME. I'd call that a big YES.
    The PM charmingly entitled "Stuff Off", you mean? Sets a kind of tone for the PM, wouldn't you say.
    And why, exactly, the hell are you singling ME out here?

9. Red leader

News Credits:
    keep it to one thread yeah or PM, you are the one who got nasty when I am venting frustration at agesthreeandup which has nothing to do with you, your the one who started on about slapping and telling me to fuck off, my dads bigger than your dad, blah blah blah

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    comment removed.

11. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Rats!

12. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Hasbro isnt losing money off of this. Collectyors are. And quite frankly, opportunistic people really should not be supported. I am not saying it doesn't have its place, but when something is rare and thats all there is gonna be that is one thing. But when someone offers an alternative, it isn't time to cry.

13. starscream.pt

hmm now that i think of it, no one complained about my box files on ebay a year or so ago, i also had wheeljack. But they were crap i guess :|

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Seconded and thirded! My originals aren't in a good condition, so if the quality is good, I'll get those bad boys.

-airfox

15. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Hasbro and Takara should just buy the KO companies. And pay the KO makers a decent wage. They are reissuing the characters most TF fans have been waiting for. But please, clear Warpath is almost as dumb as a reissue Wheelie ^_^. OH wait, Wheelie was reissued!

KO Sunstreaker & Dinobots > Sky Lynx + Ratchet + Ironhide!

Although wasn't Scorponok suppose to be part of the Encore reissue line from a black/white pic from takaratomy site someone posted a while back?

I, too, like the KOs for their improved quality. It's almost a return to the 80s and 90s where you could find (in Asia at least) KO Liokaiser of a comparable quality, or KO Road Caesar and Star Saber etc. I guess those Kos weren't exactly cheap at the time either. So, just have to pay for quality then and now.

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I'm -really- lucky in the fact that my original 'streaker is pretty minty for something I played the shit out of back in the day.

17. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont care what anyone says.

Basically........... If "you" dont like Ko's " Dont buy them ". Im sure alot of people here dont care if other people like them or not.. Its up to you if i want to buy them or not....
    If you dont like Ko's..Dont read the thread..

Spencer i appreciate your news so keep them coming....:thumb 

18. starscream.pt

Who died?

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Shaun was a member of the board here.

20. starscream.pt

gee, that's bad, i dont know him but, RIP Shaun